12/19/17 MA Legistraitors Hearing on S.2063

Half correct, You can't do this with hand guns but perfectly legal for long guns.

Federal law says the long gun has to be legal in your home state. So maybe a NH FFL could ignore Maura's edict since it's not law, and sell you an AR-15, but that seems like a big risk. They'd still have to follow the Mass AWB rules as well. Those are an actual law.

Holy Crap.

I made the mistake of looking to see what other bills were up for discussion.

This is just the Public Safety agenda...

And in here I found this gem:

An Act to prohibit inappropriate language use by sworn law officers

I'm going to my safe space now.

upload_2017-12-12_13-11-50.png

upload_2017-12-12_13-12-44.png

Please take this seriously. It is one week out, plan your day and show up even if you choose not to speak. Else after the fact don't come on this forum and complain about how bad our State is.

And call your rep. Let them know that this is a bad idea. And that they will be voted out because there are many others out there who think the same

Please take this seriously. It is one week out, plan your day and show up even if you choose not to speak. Else after the fact don't come on this forum and complain about how bad our State is.

And call your rep. Let them know that this is a bad idea. And that they will be voted out because there are many others out there who think the same

This x10^6

Half correct, You can't do this with hand guns but perfectly legal for long guns.

Federal law says the long gun has to be legal in your home state. So maybe a NH FFL could ignore Maura's edict since it's not law, and sell you an AR-15, but that seems like a big risk. They'd still have to follow the Mass AWB rules as well. Those are an actual law.

That's was I was thinking, it had to be legal in your state. Supposedly her enforcement notice was a "hey, this is what the law really is, we've been lackadaisical in enforcing it that way, but we're going to change," so wouldn't that mean AR's are illegal to buy out of state?
If anyone in MA could drive to NH and pickup a brand new AR how did her enforcement notice have any teeth?

Laws do not ever stop being made. This is the legislator's existence. it seems maddening to me. how many laws are there in this state alone? Thousands, millions? I probably break a law I am totally unaware of on occasions.

[The legislation appears to limit gunowners to purchasing any firearm capable of accepting standard cap mags to 1 a month. More vomit from Cynthia Creem.[/QUOTE]

Or rent or lease? So if your rented something at a range twice in a month it's $1000 fine?

I will be going to this - who else will join me there? Perhaps we can meet beforehand and inform Jim Wallace of the numbers of us who will attend.

Add your attendance to this thread.

C'mon everyone! We need as many as possible to attend! It's easy peasy just need to go in the State House and take a seat. If you would like to say something there is a signup and then you get a turn for 1-2 minutes.

Please put it in your schedule! Even better bring someone with you from the club.

BUMP

Alright - this is it folks tomorrow is the day. Please plan and attend tomorrow at the State House in order to represent us. It is important!

What are the main points to hit on for this? 1 gun a month? Want to tell club at meeting tonight. Wish I could go tomorrow, but work is too busy right now. I've been to at least a dozen of these, and spoken at most of them. Hope someone else can go and represent all gun owners well.

What are the main points to hit on for this? 1 gun a month? Want to tell club at meeting tonight. Wish I could go tomorrow, but work is too busy right now. I've been to at least a dozen of these, and spoken at most of them. Hope someone else can go and represent all gun owners well.

The main points on S. 2063 are that, apart from the fact that the whole thing is very poorly-worded (at least as bad as Linsky's amendment to the budget bill on "bumpstocks"), it will limit MA gunowners to one gun a month. That's ALL guns, not just handguns.

It will also do away with face-to-face private sales via the MA gun transaction portal. The problem with this for MA residents - apart from the lack of convenience - is that the ONLY way right now to transfer a gun that is not on the state's short list of approved handguns between MA residents is to transfer it privately, through the portal. This law would have the effect of preventing residents from transferring off-list (i.e. old) guns out of their possession if they desired to sell them in state. It's probably a good idea to convey to the committee members that this will actually MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT FOR RESIDENTS WITH UNWANTED GUNS TO LEGALLY TRANSFER THEM OUT OF THEIR POSSESSION. This could be a more effective talking point when explaining the problems with it to the (unfortunately many) anti gun legistrators on the committee.

Hope this helps. If there was any possible way I could make it to this hearing I would absolutely, positively be there. Please PLEASE be there if you possibly can. I will be calling and emailing the committee members. My state senator is on the committee. He is an R and generally tries to do the right thing.

Remember: you can't save seats. If Mom's Demand Some Sort Of Action crowd shows up and tried to save seats, disrupt their formations by talking the "saved" seats -- they rely on visual blocks.

I confirmed this with the sergeant at arms when I went in to give testimony on another bill.

The only way to own a seat is to have a butt in it!

Remember: you can't save seats. If Mom's Demand Some Sort Of Action crowd shows up and tried to save seats, disrupt their formations by talking the "saved" seats -- they rely on visual blocks.

I confirmed this with the sergeant at arms when I went in to give testimony on another bill.

The only way to own a seat is to have a butt in it!

Better still, get there early, and sit in every other seat in front, so they cannot all sit together. Gotta work with what is given.

Today is the day - get there early, sit in front and say what you have to say.

We need numbers! This is just the other side trying to wear us out - take a stand for everything you write/read/complain about on this forum everyday.

See you there.

Back
Top Bottom