-

I have shot the Rio 2-3/4" 9pellet low recoil buckshot. It all went boom, and the recoil feels no different than the remington buckshot I shoot. I used it for punching holes in paper.
In case lots, the price you have $117 for the rio shipped is a good price. Probably won't be able to find that brand anywhere cheaper (including shipping).

thanks stickfight.

It actually only costs $110 for the 250 rounds with $7 flat shipping rate. If its that good of a price do you think I should order 500 rounds for $227 shipped? Or should I just get 250 for now in case I come across anything cheaper/or some S&B shells for around the same price?

In case your wondering it will be shot out of a Remington 870 Express 18"

I managed to find some Nobel Sport "Law Enforcement Buckshot" 2 3/4" 12 pellet 00 buckshot for $165 shipped for 250 rounds.

Anybody have anything good/bad to say about this brand or for this price?

117 for the RIO 00 buck is pretty good. I bought a ton of it last year for close to that (although I got the standard version because I have a Rem 1100 and it sucks up the recoil) but all I do with it is blow stuff up, it works pretty good.

As far as "what is low recoil" I'd say it's a noticeable decrease in punishment from regular magnum 00 buck, and it's more likely to be appreciated if you are running a pump gun.

-Mike

I picked up a couple 25 round boxes of estate #4 buck and 00 buck on sale at Cabellas in CT last year for $7 each

nice, thats pretty cheap.

whats the difference between 2 3/4 9 pellet 00 buckshot and 2 3/4 12 pellets buckshot? are the pellets the same size, or the 9 pellet have bigger pellets?
(im asking because i dont do a lot of shotgun shooting, so i am not too familiar with shotgun ammo)

That's BS. So if I ask for a company that has X ammo at X price nobody can post a site? I can see if you come right out and say its going to MA

Ask the person to PM you the site instead. Another useful idea is to put a WTB up in classifieds under accessories. If people trust you they will send you leads. There are also a lot of people on NES who have stuff they would sell opportunistically but don't want to go through the process of posting an ad for it.

-Mike

Why dont you send an email to the AG saying " I like to break the law, Look at me!!!"

For the 900th time... It is not illegal. Just because the AG doesn't like it, doesn't mean jack.. If you have a license to possess it, buying ammo online (or elsewhere) is LEGAL.

-Mike

The issue isnt buying or not buying it but drawing unwanted attention. I can't stand the MGL's but why make yourself the test case unless you have money to burn?

Why dont you send an email to the AG saying " I like to break the law, Look at me!!!"

What law did he break?

OP: That’s a good price. It will be tough to do much better. Few weeks ago Cabela’s was selling Estate for $14.99/25, now it’s back to $18.99. They are still selling Federal for $2.99/5. If you are not happy with Rio you might want Federal.

The issue isnt buying or not buying it but drawing unwanted attention. I can't stand the MGL's but why make yourself the test case unless you have money to burn?

There would never be a test case because HES NOT BREAKING ANY LAWS. If he is, please cite for us in MGL what law he is breaking... you can't, because it doesn't exist. This AG ammo ban BS is bloviation from the AG's office and nothing more.... and its directed at the ammo vendors, not the people buying the ammo.

-Mike

I screwed up by saying he would be violating MGL's but a certain FFL in the State doesnt like business being taken away from his shop so somehow he convinced the AG to threaten the online dealers.
My basic point is to do things quietly and not warrant undo attention from the people who make it difficult for us to purchase items that are legal.

For the 900th time... It is not illegal. Just because the AG doesn't like it, doesn't mean jack.. If you have a license to possess it, buying ammo online (or elsewhere) is LEGAL.

-Mike

THIS! Get it through your heads! What a bunch of retards.

ETA: Sorry for the Retard comment it's just frustrating that people let Marsha bully suppliers with crap. I can't wait till I go home to Texas!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom