110th Aniversary Shoot

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm home this week looking after my wife who had neck surgery earlier this week. Brought her home yesterday, and she's doing very well. So well she said I could take a couple hours off and go shooting. Sure! Kid's in school and I've been functioning as a single parent since Monday.

Took out my 1903/38 Bulgarian M95M Steyr/Yugo 8mm conversion. 110 years old. Range conditions were windy, clear, 45 degrees, two inches of snow on the range. Very icy and slippery. Very slow walk to get there; I almost got the range concrete when I fell, landing on my right butt, with the staple gun in that side rear pocket - ouch - fortunately the staple gun was on 'safe'. [laugh]

Shot from 100 yards, prone (cold concrete even with pad!), with hasty sling. Wind would gust and blow the cardboard '56 Yugo surplus cardboard boxes across the range house. Shot 45 rounds, unspotted. The carbine has a minimum sight of 200M, so I aimed at the bottom of the cardboard backing, about 18" low from previous experience.

Didn't do that bad; elevation was good and I drifted 8 or so rounds off the paper right. No problems with the rifle or ammo. Only quirk is the sight blade and notch are so tiny, about 2mm, that the sight picture is very hard to acquire and hold.

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom