11 Year Old Girl Caught In School With Stolen Handgun

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
6th-Grader Takes Loaded Gun To School

A loaded 9mm weapon was confiscated from a sixth-grader at Linton Middle School in Penn Hills today.

And in a second incident, a Penn Hills police officer used a stun gun on a high school student who refused to stop talking on a cell phone and pushed the officer.

At the middle school, a 9mm semi-automatic handgun was found in the swim bag of an 11-year-old girl at the metal detectors this morning.

Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the gun was fully loaded but there was not a bullet in the chamber.

He said the girl had brought her swim bag still containing wet swim clothes from the previous day and said she did not know how the gun got into the bag. The gun turned out to have been reported to state police as stolen from Uniontown.

"At this point in the investigation, we don't believe she knew the gun was in there. She had the bag yesterday swimming, locked it in her locker after swim class, went home last night, threw it in her bedroom, grabbed the bag and went to school," Chief Burton said.

He said she has been removed from school.
At Penn Hills High School this morning, Chief Burton said, a student was walking up and down a hallway, using a cell phone. School policy permits students to have cell phones but not to use them during school except in emergencies, Chief Burton said.

A Penn Hills police officer told him to put the phone away and go to class.

"The kid refused to listen," Chief Burton said. "The officer took him by the arm and said, 'You have to go to the office.' The student resisted, pushed the officer. The officer, defending himself, took out his stun gun and did a drive stun."

Chief Burton said a drive stun involves pushing the Taser against a portion of the body and squeezing the trigger, thus immobilizing a portion of the body, such as the leg. He said this affects about a 2- or 3-inch area.

While on the floor, the student was still resisting and was placed in handcuffs, Chief Burton said. The student complained of a headache and dizziness and was taken to Forbes Regional Hospital.

[shocked]

The gun was found in a bag of wet clothes?
This is no way to treat a handgun !

[rofl]

Drive stun? C'mon.

If you take a stun gun to someone's right leg, only their right leg will be immobilized?

Oh, and I'm all for 11-yr old girls learning how to shoot, but swim meets and 9mm handguns never mix...

EVER

It was a girl!!!

And, no I will not finish the story.

Chech again. I had to read it twice.

My point is why the hell does a cop need a stungun to subdue a little kid?
I mean really? A f'in stungun? The cop sounds like a sally to me. That, or a power-tripping a**h***.

Last edited:
My point is why the hell does a cop need a stungun to subdue a little kid?
I mean really? A f'in stungun? The cop sounds like a sally to me. That, or a power-tripping a**h***.

The kid was a disrespectful little punk and needed to be reminded who was in charge. If the kids old man had beaten his ass a few times maybe he wouldn't be such a little hoodlum. [wink]

and if the cop had to fight with the kid and broke something on the kid, then what happens? The stun gun is there for a reason.

We are making assumptions and condemning the girl without having all the facts. It might have been perfectly ok.....the 9mm might have been stainless and resistant to corrosion.

If I was this girl, my Dad would give me a session of belt therapy for:
1. Not taking a metal detector into account
2. Shitty safety discipline
3. treating a gun in a harmful and abusive way [wink]

Back in my day the cop would have gotten out the billy club and beat him "about the head and arms" [rofl] He's lucky he got stunned and feels a "little dizzy" What a pussy. He got what he deserved, he knows the rules, but he thinks that they are for everyone else but him.

And yeah, the girl should have at LEAST put the gun in a baggie!

Why do some schools need POLICE on site to enforce their rules?!?!? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little much? And seriosly, tazed for talking on a cell phone?
I give up, that school is FUBAR.

Why do some schools need POLICE on site to enforce their rules?!?!? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little much? And seriosly, tazed for talking on a cell phone?
I give up, that school is FUBAR.

You know, In my day (im not that old) when out of line our teachers would hit us with whatever was available, A history book to the head from across the room, Yard stick to the knuckles, the paddle. A tazer pushed to the body barely hurts. we used to play taser tag in college. Stop feeding to the pussification of America. Our youth is getting out of control with total lack of respect to Authority.

You know, In my day (im not that old) when out of line our teachers would hit us with whatever was available, A history book to the head from across the room, Yard stick to the knuckles, the paddle. A tazer pushed to the body barely hurts. we used to play taser tag in college. Stop feeding to the pussification of America. Our youth is getting out of control with total lack of respect to Authority.

+4

My JR High principal was a very well respected guy who had the job forever. When he needed to discipline kids, he had a barber strap....which he used...not unfairly or that often but the kids knew about it and just the fact that he had used it kept most in line.

When a kid DID get it used on him and went home complaining to his parents, the parents usually said, well, you must have deserved it.

The good old days.

Back
Top Bottom