• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

11 dead, serious discussion of banning

SteelShooter

NES Member
Last edited:
CNN has 13 dead in the F-250 crash..... noone has ever been serious about banning cars even though they kill twice as many people per year as guns, and we let children as young as 16 operate them on their own. Now Driving is a privilege, gun ownership is a right, yet people say we should ban guns because its the right thing to do, and banning cars is a no no because they are convenient and make life easier........ Sorry just trying to understand the logic of some ANTI's

We need to ban high capacity truck beds.

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

If only it was a "registered" van. Wait... If only the driver was a "licensed" operator. Wait, maybe if people were only allowed to buy "one van per month". Yeah, that's it!

If only it was a "registered" van. Wait... If only the driver was a "licensed" operator. Wait, maybe if people were only allowed to buy "one van per month". Yeah, that's it!

It was a 2000 F150, not a van. But I guess you can still pile 23 people into an F150!

Saw this article this morning, saw the picture of the truck against the tree. Holy smokes. Surprised only half of the occupants died.

"It's unknown whether or not (the victims) were illegal, but it's possible," Bryant told the AP.
23 people in a truck, in the middle of the night, 3 hours from the Mexican border. Hmmm, what are the chances?

aliens%20back%20of%20pickup%20truck.jpg

It was a 2000 F150, not a van. But I guess you can still pile 23 people into an F150!

Saw this article this morning, saw the picture of the truck against the tree. Holy smokes. Surprised only half of the occupants died.

Holy crap. I just assumed it was a Chevy Astro van or something like that given the number of occupants. An F150? Wow.

Not.

Not to sound callous, but no talking heads piping in on this yet.

Prayers for the families.

10 dead after truck crash

Ford F250 carrying at least 22 people. Wonder what they were doing?

Not meant to offend anyone

I wonder if the truck was a military style vehicle with a fully automatic transmission?

Not making light of the incident, just pointing out how news reporting descriptions differ depending on the event.

I wonder if the truck was a military style vehicle with a fully automatic transmission?

Not making light of the incident, just pointing out how news reporting descriptions differ depending on the event.

And nobody NEEDS an F-150 nowadays either. In the days of the Founding Fathers, they rode on horses and horse-drawn carriages. Today we can easily get by on bicycles. And if you need some utility, there's always the Toyota Prius and Honda Insight.

And I, for one, expect the two main presidential candidates, Barack Hussein Obama and Willard "Mitt" Romney to take this issue on so we can start a dialogue and build consensus on this truck problem that's plaguing our streets.

Truck violence has to stop. Enough is enough.

I read it as being an F-250, not an F-150.
The difference is about 500 pounds in rated payload capacity.
Either way, the truck was WAY overloaded.
Assuming the average person is 150 lbs., x24 = 3600 lbs
Even at an average weight of 125 lbs., this is still 3000 lbs., which is twice what an F-250 is rated at, and three times what an F-150 is rated for.

I pulled 31 out of an F150 once. Standing in the bed with a rack to hold on to. Don't remember how many were in the extended cab, but final tally was 31.

Today's news says 14 dead, 9 injured. That's more dead than in the CO Batman killing. However, the news is glossing right over it and not mentioning their nationality or immigration status. And Obama isn't saying any prayers for their family's. It seems the souls of people sitting in a theater are worth more than those of wetbacks killed in a truck crash.

The problem isn't only the truck and the amount of illegals it was carrying but the fact that someone can easily get that many illegals in this country with out rasing any suspicion!!.........

And nobody NEEDS an F-150 nowadays either. In the days of the Founding Fathers, they rode on horses and horse-drawn carriages. Today we can easily get by on bicycles. And if you need some utility, there's always the Toyota Prius and Honda Insight.

And I, for one, expect the two main presidential candidates, Barack Hussein Obama and Willard "Mitt" Romney to take this issue on so we can start a dialogue and build consensus on this truck problem that's plaguing our streets.

Truck violence has to stop. Enough is enough.

The only reason anybody needs a pickup bed that large is to carry home illegal amounts of fertilizer and diesel fuel.

I read it as being an F-250, not an F-150.
The difference is about 500 pounds in rated payload capacity.
Either way, the truck was WAY overloaded.
Assuming the average person is 150 lbs., x24 = 3600 lbs
Even at an average weight of 125 lbs., this is still 3000 lbs., which is twice what an F-250 is rated at, and three times what an F-150 is rated for.

Not for nothing - but this post is a good example of the "look at me - I'm an American and I can't break the rules because the govt. will come get me" attitude that has taken over this country.

When I was a kid people would ride in the back of pickup truck beds all the time. They would tow 4000 pound trailers - with Ford Pinto's. We'd light off fireworks in sheds so we wouldn't get caught. We'd drank too much - and we drove. People shot guns - and walked down the street with them on their way to school in the morning.

If anybody told us we couldn't do that - we tell them to go eff themselves.

Now the biggest problem here is that the truck was over it's payload capacity?

Seriously - think about it for a minute - or two - until it sinks in.

The biggest problem is the hypocrisy that 15 people died but it's ok because they weren't killed by a gun. That's it nothing more.

Today's news says 14 dead, 9 injured. That's more dead than in the CO Batman killing. However, the news is glossing right over it and not mentioning their nationality or immigration status. And Obama isn't saying any prayers for their family's. It seems the souls of people sitting in a theater are worth more than those of wetbacks killed in a truck crash.

The real twisted part is that - right around the same time Obama was beating his chest about the dead in Aurora - he was ordering the deaths of people overseas by drone strike, one of them - a 16 year old kid:

http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w270.html

Colorado native Abdulrahman al-Awlaki wasn’t in a movie theater when his life met a sudden, violent end. He was enjoying a backyard barbeque with his cousin in southeastern Yemen when the home was destroyed by a drone-delivered Hellfire missile.

Abdulrahman was sixteen years old when he was murdered by the United States government. He had run away from home in a desperate attempt to find his father, Anwar, a "radical cleric" who was the well-publicized target of the Obama administration’s assassination program.

Despite the fact that Anwar al-Awlaki was never formally charged with a crime – let alone convicted of one – he was assassinated on Obama’s orders two weeks before the Regime slaughtered his son and eight other innocent people.

If George Bush had done it - the liberals would be prostrating themselves in front of anybody who would listen about how Georgie was out to destroy the world. Since it's the anointed one - everything is ok.

And people wonder why I say liberalism needs to die. An ugly death.

Not for nothing - but this post is a good example of the "look at me - I'm an American and I can't break the rules because the govt. will come get me" attitude that has taken over this country.

When I was a kid people would ride in the back of pickup truck beds all the time. They would tow 4000 pound trailers - with Ford Pinto's. We'd light off fireworks in sheds so we wouldn't get caught. We'd drank too much - and we drove. People shot guns - and walked down the street with them on their way to school in the morning.

If anybody told us we couldn't do that - we tell them to go eff themselves.

Now the biggest problem here is that the truck was over it's payload capacity?

Seriously - think about it for a minute - or two - until it sinks in.

I want that America back...

If they were illegals, I don't see how this is a sad story. Maybe for the tree.

[laugh2]

Funny thing is that I literally just got back from Mexico on Sunday and I was laughing with my wife at just how many pickup trucks we saw driving around with a bunch of people in the truck bed, then I saw this thread this morning. I assume that riding in the pickup bed is illegal here (at least in MA, since EVERYTHING is), but when I was a kid I used to always ride standing up in my dad's pickup bed, hanging onto the sliding back window. I would even do that on trips across the state.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom