11 Best States for Gun Owners

The list doesn't make sense.

How can AK and VT be on opposite ends of the list using the criteria listed?

And how is NH not on the list? The only difference between number 6, Oklahoma and NH is that NH has no ban on carry in restaurants (OK does) and there is a slight difference in "Right to carry reciprocity and recognition" with NH being listed as "True Reciprocity" and OK being outright recognition.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/new-hampshire/

Poorly assembled list, even if the clock was broken in a lot of places and got the answers right a few times. Little or no bias applied to binding signage, among other things. No attention paid to open carry. OC is illegal in FL without a security guard cert/badge or whatever it is, that falls under a wholly different set of laws. Not sure about the others but FL shouldn't even be on the list because of that, and not because I think OC is a good idea either I just think it being illegal is a fundamentally bad thing.

-Mike

A better way of looking at it is, MA, CT, NY, NJ, MD, HI, CA stink, another 10 have some issues and the rest are pretty good.

Just use the Brady Campaign's state gun law scorecard. F's are plentiful.

state-scorecard-2013v4.jpg

I'm sure there wasn't some number fudging with their Gun Death Rate Junk.

Alaska fixed what 2A should have been...

“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the state or political subdivision of the State.”

Just use the Brady Campaign's state gun law scorecard. F's are plentiful.

state-scorecard-2013v4.jpg

I'm sure there wasn't some number fudging with their Gun Death Rate Junk.

Tennessee is on my short list. An F surrounded by a bunch of Fs, a D and a D-. Not quite Bluto Blutarski's Zero.Zero but I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom