• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10mm MCK Madness!

So living in mass with limited options for a pcc I thought of something crazy and wanted some opinions. I've looked at the MCK platform for a Glock 20 and "think" I would enjoy it. A lot of times though when 10mm gets talked about it's with heavy ish rounds, I recently found a bullet with an interesting take on the 10mm. It's this...

I was thinking with this setup it would make a decent pcc even at targets in the 100 to maybe 200 yard mark. Thoughts?

No idea how such a projectile would work. Not much mass there and it's not aerodynamic, so I seriously doubt it would perform well at 100 and 200 yards.

Why not simply use coated lead bullets?

No idea how such a projectile would work. Not much mass there and it's not aerodynamic, so I seriously doubt it would perform well at 100 and 200 yards.

Why not simply use coated lead bullets?
I guess in my mind I thought with such a high velocity it would want to reach the target faster and therefore travel longer distances better.

As for the coated lead bullets I hadn't heard of that option so I'll have to look into it a bit. Thanks for your input.

I guess in my mind I thought with such a high velocity it would want to reach the target faster and therefore travel longer distances better.

As for the coated lead bullets I hadn't heard of that option so I'll have to look into it a bit. Thanks for your input.
I get what you were thinking, but it's a blunt tool so to speak and it will shed velocity quickly. 77 grains in a .223 projectile is AOK for 600 yards. The BC (ballistic coefficient) is relatively high compared to 9mm. Your typical 115 grain 9mm FMJ projectile is around .127, compared to ~.372 for a .223 BTHP. That lightweight 9mm will for sure be fast at close yardage but it will lose velocity relatively quickly and drop like a rock. I'm not a big pistol / pistol caliber carbine games shooter, but seems like the guys who are really into it are using plated or coated 9mm lead projectiles. I might go for a Sig MCX in 9mm sometime, and those are the projectiles I'll use to reload.

Just an after thought but would adding a 10" barrel to the system improve the velocity of the 10mm. Recently saw one from IGB Tactical that works with the gen 2 roni.

Back
Top Bottom