10mm in MA

Realistically, what are my options for finding a 10mm handgun in MA that I can actually get from an FFL? Anyone know what is “allowed” (midels, manufacturer, etc) that I can keep my eye out for eventually?

If you are looking for guns that even the most fuddy MA FFL will sell you, there aren’t very many. The most reasonably priced is the Ruger SR1911 in 10MM. Next would be the Springfield 1911-A1 TRP. The most outrageously priced would be one of the 10mm Knighthawks. If you are willing to look around and work with a more reasonable FFL, you can get any of the 10mms including Glocks, Sigs and Kimbers. I have a Sig P220 Elite in 10mm and a Springfield 1911-A1 TRP longslide, both purchased from MA FFLs.

EDT: Forgot the the Kimber Stainless Target 10mm LS is also on the MA Approved Target list, so available from any MA FFL. Looks like it’s available from The Modern Sportsman for $929.29. Don’t know anything about that store, just got it from gun.deals.

Last edited:
as a well known gun maker said to me at the last shot i attended, when we were discussing my getting one of his then new 10mm pistols in massachusetts..."where there's a will there's a way." ya gotta build off that statement, some people call it thinking outside that damn box.

I'm not a 1911 fan, but Sig had their 10mm 1911 at <1K at their store in Epping. Will they ship to your FFLs?

I went in their looking at their P220 10mm $1600 ish--a bit too spendy for me.

Back
Top Bottom