• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10mm Glock options

I've been interested for a while in getting a 10mm Auto Glock, but I have a couple options I can take to get there.

The first is to just buy a Model 40 with the MOS and long sight radius. This is n expensive option.

The other is to buy a used Glock 21 and a 10mm barrel. This is the cheapest option.

The third is to buy a used Glock 21 and a long slide the same length as the Model 40, a 6 or 9 inch barrel, and all the slide internals so that I can swap between the .45 and the 10mm by just taking the upper off. With this option, I also get the correct recoil spring and extractor to improve reliability with 10mm. This more expensive than the Model 40, but this option give me the option of .45 ACP and 10mm.

I like the last two options the most because the both give me what I want, which is a .45 and a 10mm, cuz I currently don't have pistol for either and with the non-Glock barrels, I can shoot lead 10mm in them without any safety issues.

Thoughts?

EDIT: BTW, if I do get a Glock 21 and convert it, it will be an SF model.

Last edited:
Fwiw.

I have the G20, I use it in the winter as my primary carry with a shoulder holster.

But if I shoot it at the range I use an aftermarket 6" barrel.
The factory Glock barrel will destroy the brass.
But the aftermarket barrel has tighter tolerance's which will decrease reliability. So that's why I carry with a factory barrel.

Not sure if you plan to carry the 10. If you do, you'll want 2 barrels.

I used to have some glock 21's till i got my 1911, the biggest issue is grip size, so as long as you keep in mind that its a big grip , you should be fine with whichever option you choose.
which is why i ended up going 1911 for anything above the 9mm glocks.

I have a model 21 and the grip is not too big for my large hands but I had a chance to handle a 41 and liked the slimmer grip better.

I used to have some glock 21's till i got my 1911, the biggest issue is grip size, so as long as you keep in mind that its a big grip , you should be fine with whichever option you choose.
which is why i ended up going 1911 for anything above the 9mm glocks.

You can always get the SF models also.

G-fotay all day.

View attachment 217553

I have a KKM barrel and comp on order for it because I'm a giant dickhole.

Nothing wrong with being a flat shooting dickhole! You are half way to having a Roland Extra-Special!

My Gucci-Glock-19 is one motor-boating laser-gun bastard!
It's the most fun gun to shoot with/without your pants on: roland.jpg

I have a Gen 2.5 Glock 20 that was my primary carry for a really long time. Reliable as all get out, too. I switched over to my G17, and now the G20 just sits except for when I go to the range.

Fwiw.

I have the G20, I use it in the winter as my primary carry with a shoulder holster.

But if I shoot it at the range I use an aftermarket 6" barrel.
The factory Glock barrel will destroy the brass.
But the aftermarket barrel has tighter tolerance's which will decrease reliability. So that's why I carry with a factory barrel.

Not sure if you plan to carry the 10. If you do, you'll want 2 barrels.
Well, that kills the Model 40 for me because I was planning to reload 10mm.

So, now it is down to either buying a 10mm conversion barrel and a spring for the Glock 21 or spending an extra $300 on a slide, internals, and sights for an full 10mm upper.

My preference is to go with the 10mm Lone Wolf upper and internals as it will have sights on it set for 10mm while the .45 Glock upper will have the correct factory sights for it.

Seems like it's worth it to me because if I spend the money on a Glock 40 and am forced to pay an extra $100 on a barrel and have another one laying around I'll never use, that would be a waste of money.

Admittedly I only have about 200 rounds of old school silver tip jhp ammo through it, but it worked fine. It really doesn't recoil that bad.

Great minds think alike. 17+1 Rounds on Tap, let it thunder

The glock barrel does kill your brass. If you want to reuse your brass, KKM is a must. I bought a lonewolf/Alpha wolf barrel, it went in the trash, wouldn't chamber rounds. They gave me BS about using Buffalo Bore Ammo to break it in, my ammo is 1300+ FPS.

Last edited:
OP-

the "SF" designation is reserved for gen 3. so does this mean you're looking at a G21 gen 3? if this case you will want to invest in an uncaptured guide rod and higher weight recoil spring. my experience with a G20 gen 3 has been excellent with a wolff rod and 22 or 24# spring. then again i mostly shoot the underwood 180gr FMJ which is stout. 10mm benefits from longer barrel length. the cartridge does great out of 5-6 inches. so the G40 does have something to offer in this cartridge. that being said I like the G20 so i would vote that.

why do you want a G21? that is a 45acp cartridge. are you looking to get into 45 or 10mm? i would figure out what cartridge you want to employ then make your decision. don't look for a pistol that will do everything.

Back
Top Bottom