• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

107 Days still waiting for MA LTC!!

Damn! Lol I thought my long wait was over! I meen how long can it take for them to finish this process and mail it to me 6 blocks away from the station ha. Thanks for the reply.

As long as the PD wants it to take. Almost no PD assigns a person to do licensing and nothing else. It's an "add on" job with very low priority and usually not a job that the licensing officer really wants to do, so it only gets done when there is no other work that has to be done.

You rang? [wink]

For Maine, while those without a permit will not be permitted to carry a handgun into state parks, Acadia National Park or inside their vehicles on work premises, those with a concealed carry permit can legally do so. Additionally, people with no permit must immediately inform any law enforcement officer they encounter during an arrest or routine stop that they have a concealed gun. NH you're all set too as GPP said it's CC now.
Covered it very nicely.

One caveat with NH. No NH license means you can NOT carry on an ATV. With the NH license you can carry on an ATV.

Massachusetts' LTC is meaningless in Maine and New Hampshire, gives zero additional status.
Well put.

Nh and maine are full constitutional carry
Not quite, see above comments by bigpick and myself.

Copied from another thread from Len.

Additionally, no carrying of any loaded guns off-road in MA (if you in/on a motorized vehicle of any kind), regardless if you have a LTC or not. In fact, off-duty LEOs are NOT exempt from this either.

You rang? [wink]

For Maine, while those without a permit will not be permitted to carry a handgun into state parks, Acadia National Park or inside their vehicles on work premises, those with a concealed carry permit can legally do so. Additionally, people with no permit must immediately inform any law enforcement officer they encounter during an arrest or routine stop that they have a concealed gun. NH you're all set too as GPP said it's CC now.
Covered it very nicely.

One caveat with NH. No NH license means you can NOT carry on an ATV. With the NH license you can carry on an ATV.

Massachusetts' LTC is meaningless in Maine and New Hampshire, gives zero additional status.
Well put.

Nh and maine are full constitutional carry
Not quite, see above comments by bigpick and myself.

Copied from another thread from Len.
NH and Maine are full constitutional carry. Unless you are on an ATV without a permit. Unless you are in a state park without a permit. Is that what constitutional carry means? Because thats not constitutional carry, its great; but it's not constitutional carry.

Well the end of August is right around the corner and I’m still patiently waiting and religiously checking my mailbox everyday after work. I think it will be here before September but who knows at this point. Today is Day 137, 4.5 months...so that means almost 20 weeks since I initially dropped off my application and had interview. Just an update, I’ve read many pages on here and I guess posting my experience makes me feel better about waiting so long. Anyone else still waiting for their LTC more than 100 days???

Just got another UPDATE*** FRB told me today that my LTC is ACTIVE and most likely in the mail or already at my residence. !! Excited to get home after work and check my mailbox.

Its my day!! Just got my LTC A in the mail when I got home from work. 143 Days. Fall River, so happy this wait is over haha. I had to double take the envelope because I didn’t think it was even real lol.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing in a very calm manner your passage.

FWIW, it is not uncommon for the "Licensing Officer" to take on more than one of these kind of responsibilities. Not making excuses, just saying, it takes that long to complete things under these circumstances.

Its my day!! Just got my LTC A in the mail when I got home from work. 143 Days. Fall River, so happy this wait is over haha. I had to double take the envelope because I didn’t think it was even real lol.
Congrats. My non-res finally showed up, too, on Tuesday, 123 days. No restrictions :)

I called this afternoon at 3pm to set up my appointment for renewal. They asked if 5:30 would be okay. Said sounds good. Arrived at 5:15 went right in it was painless took about 5 minutes. I'll post when it comes in Mike

Back
Top Bottom