• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

107 Days still waiting for MA LTC!!

UPDATE!!!!! Just caled the “status hotline” and it has finally been APPROVED! And its waiting for activation and printing. The person on the phone said usually takes 2-3 weeks after its been approved. Should be all set by the end of August!! Wooo hooo Happy days

UPDATE!!!!! Just caled the “status hotline” and it has finally been APPROVED! And its waiting for activation and printing. The person on the phone said usually takes 2-3 weeks after its been approved. Should be all set by the end of August!! Wooo hooo Happy days
Gotta love government garbage. You need something from them, don't hold your breath. but as soon as excise taxes are due you have 30 days to cough it up or else...Such a one sided dinosaur. We need a government to govern the government...

Incredible that you're still waiting... It only took me 28 days total (from interview to having the ltc.
Does your PD only work 1hr every other week or something?

Incredible that you're still waiting... It only took me 28 days total (from interview to having the ltc.
Does your PD only work 1hr every other week or something?

I know! I’ve tried to be very patient though this whole process, today is day 125 since interview. I called and FRB says It was approved early this month. Hoping the mail system and “activation” happen quickly.

:emoji_weary: 133 Days- 19 Weeks- 3,192 hours- This has been quite the journey, Im still waiting but staying positive in hopes that it will be here by the end of August. Who has waited longer than me? Chime in

:emoji_weary: 133 Days- 19 Weeks- 3,192 hours- This has been quite the journey, Im still waiting but staying positive in hopes that it will be here by the end of August. Who has waited longer than me? Chime in

I had to wait eight days to get my permit.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
To make you feel better.
Or not.

Once you get your Mass permit, if you travel at all, you might want to get one of the "multi-state" permits. Utah, Virginia and Florida non-resident permits are pretty widely accepted and they're fairly easy to obtain. The wait time will be a lot less than you're currently suffering.

Once you get your Mass permit, if you travel at all, you might want to get one of the "multi-state" permits. Utah, Virginia and Florida non-resident permits are pretty widely accepted and they're fairly easy to obtain. The wait time will be a lot less than you're currently suffering.

Why does everyone seems to throw AZ by the wayside? It is widely accepted as the above and is even easier to obtain.

Why does everyone seems to throw AZ by the wayside? It is widely accepted as the above and is even easier to obtain.

Interesting. I left out AZ because I didn't know about it.

Besides the usual scumbag states (NY, NJ, MA, CT, RI, DE, MD, DC (I know, not a state), CA, OR, WA, MN & IL)
AZ leaves out FL, SC & PA
FL leaves out SC and PA
VA leaves out FL, SC & PA

So you're right - it's just as much of a "multi-state" permit. Thanks for the education.

Interesting. I left out AZ because I didn't know about it.

Besides the usual scumbag states (NY, NJ, MA, CT, RI, DE, MD, DC (I know, not a state), CA, OR, WA, MN & IL)
AZ leaves out FL, SC & PA
FL leaves out SC and PA
VA leaves out FL, SC & PA

So you're right - it's just as much of a "multi-state" permit. Thanks for the education.

Glad to have helped.

Oh, by the way, I got my license in 3 days. :D

That sucks. I'm not a very patient person. Thank God I live in a good town with a great LT. I think I was 30 days from interview to license in hand.

That sucks. I'm not a very patient person. Thank God I live in a good town with a great LT. I think I was 30 days from interview to license in hand.

Yeah tell me about it haha, I knew there was going to be a wait time but I never thought it would be almost 140 days! I was approved by the PD on 8/4

Ok so just called the FRB and a very nice lady on the phone told me that it was issued on the 15th. and mailed back to the PD where it’s pending activation? So does this meen that the PD have to click activate and issue pin then mail out right?? Im so close!!!

I had a similar circumstance more in the 3 month wait period in marlborough. Unfortunately they process them when they want. Here in Commiewealth of Massachusetts we dont have rights to firearm ownership. I was equally afraid to make waves for fear they would reject me, also despite having a squeaky clean record as well. Try to remain patient and positive.
If you have a clean record, then why are you afraid of making waves for a RIGHT !

The step that USUALLY takes awhile is the one you’re on now: a stack of spanking-new LTCs sitting on some desk at your PD waiting to get delivered is a common story in MA.

Good luck. Once it arrives at your PD, all you have to do is wait indefinitely for the LO to decide when to get it to you.

The step that USUALLY takes awhile is the one you’re on now: a stack of spanking-new LTCs sitting on some desk at your PD waiting to get delivered is a common story in MA.

Good luck. Once it arrives at your PD, all you have to do is wait indefinitely for the LO to decide when to get it to you.

Damn! Lol I thought my long wait was over! I meen how long can it take for them to finish this process and mail it to me 6 blocks away from the station ha. Thanks for the reply.

I'm at 110 days today waiting on non-res...wondering at what point I'll call FRB.
I bet you'll beat me.

what's the crazy reason for this BS.
You rang? [wink]

For Maine, while those without a permit will not be permitted to carry a handgun into state parks, Acadia National Park or inside their vehicles on work premises, those with a concealed carry permit can legally do so. Additionally, people with no permit must immediately inform any law enforcement officer they encounter during an arrest or routine stop that they have a concealed gun. NH you're all set too as GPP said it's CC now.
Covered it very nicely.

One caveat with NH. No NH license means you can NOT carry on an ATV. With the NH license you can carry on an ATV.

Massachusetts' LTC is meaningless in Maine and New Hampshire, gives zero additional status.
Well put.

Nh and maine are full constitutional carry
Not quite, see above comments by bigpick and myself.

Copied from another thread from Len.

Back
Top Bottom