• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

107 Days still waiting for MA LTC!!

Has anyone waited this long with no information? I have called the DOJ a few times and the hotline told me they have not received anything from my local PD (Fall River) yet. I have certainly heard of people waiting 60-80 days or so to get theirs but its been over 100 and the police station will not answer my calls or messages...getting pretty frustrated with the whole thing really, I have a squeaky clean record and no reason not to get this. Can someone help?

Thanks for the quick reply, I am very surprised that they haven’t even sent it out of their station yet? I could bare the wait if I knew that they at least got the ball rolling for me. Even the person I talked to on the “status hotline” said wow! That’s a long wait? You should definitely get in touch with the PD. I don’t want to make waves, I just want to exercise my right as a law abiding citizen you know?

I had a similar circumstance more in the 3 month wait period in marlborough. Unfortunately they process them when they want. Here in Commiewealth of Massachusetts we dont have rights to firearm ownership. I was equally afraid to make waves for fear they would reject me, also despite having a squeaky clean record as well. Try to remain patient and positive.

Thank you for responding

They were supposed to approve or deny it within 40 days. Since they did not approve it, you can call it a constructive denial, giving you 90 days to appeal. You're getting close to that deadline.

I called the PD.. They said it was approved, and was just waiting to be printed. Edit.. I still don't have it though... Even though I applied 2.5 mos ahead of expir.

Lots of PD’s typically slow walk the paper work because they don’t care and hold all the cards. I waited 11 months for my last one and had to call the town manager to get them off their duff.

Did you receive a receipt when you submitted your application? The OP leads me to believe that the PD didn't even enter the application into MICRS, which means no receipt ("hotline told me they have not received anything from my local PD"). I would be very concerned about this.

Fall River has become very slow in completing applications, as it is new gentleman handling it. I know him personally and it appears that he just lets things sit on his desk for longer than needed. When I renewed I also waited some time before I had to start making some phone calls to figure out what is going on. It's unfortunate that it's become this, because the previous licensing officer was very good.

Fall River has become very slow in completing applications, as it is new gentleman handling it. I know him personally and it appears that he just lets things sit on his desk for longer than needed. When I renewed I also waited some time before I had to start making some phone calls to figure out what is going on. It's unfortunate that it's become this, because the previous licensing officer was very good.

I called and spoke with the LO from Fall River this morning, he told me that its processing and I would just have to be patient and wait it out. I explained that I had spoken with the DOJ and they advised me to call the PD. He was nice on the phone though. Guess Ill just keep waiting.

I called and spoke with the LO from Fall River this morning, he told me that its processing and I would just have to be patient and wait it out. I explained that I had spoken with the DOJ and they advised me to call the PD. He was nice on the phone though. Guess Ill just keep waiting.

Thats always the story: You or I must be patient and wait while they are comfortably derilict in their required duties.

There should be criminal penalties involved for these simply negligent delays of process, otherwise there is ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE for any issuing officer/ chief to process anything in a timely manner.

Permits in KY are usually issued by the sheriff's dept. in most places and we at least have their election/re election to hold over their heads if they are a prick about it. My permit took less than a week and they even called to ask if I would like it mailed to me instead of having to drive there to pick it up. I told the nice deputy that I was going to be in town in the morning and would stop by for it. A very pleasant experience in all.( Note, a permit should not be needed, but if its going to be that way, at least it's not a malicious encounter every step of the way).

May 16th. Still waiting here as well.
Tomorrow will be twelve weeks since my non-res interview...paperwork submitted in April initially.
By comparison my NH resident permit paperwork was dropped off on a Friday night and ready on Monday morning, for $10! [rofl]

Did you receive a receipt when you submitted your application? The OP leads me to believe that the PD didn't even enter the application into MICRS, which means no receipt ("hotline told me they have not received anything from my local PD"). I would be very concerned about this.

(Not a current problem in my town, but),
it would be nice if one of the cognoscenti
gave a sample script for how the renewal applicant
might tastefully but firmly tell the LO
"no rush, I'll just stand here at the window
until you enter the application into the system
and print my hardcopy renewal receipt".

(Not a current problem in my town, but),
it would be nice if one of the cognoscenti
gave a sample script for how the renewal applicant
might tastefully but firmly tell the LO
"no rush, I'll just stand here at the window
until you enter the application into the system
and print my hardcopy renewal receipt".

Some places they'd arrest you for loitering doing that.;)

That sounds like the crap Texas would pull when they got a backlog. Even though the law required them to approve or deny an application within 60(?) days, they would claim that it wasn't a complete application until they heard back from the FBI on the fingerprint search.

Licenses were taking up to 180 days, and TX DPS just shrugged it off.

That sounds like the crap Texas would pull when they got a backlog. Even though the law required them to approve or deny an application within 60(?) days, they would claim that it wasn't a complete application until they heard back from the FBI on the fingerprint search.

Licenses were taking up to 180 days, and TX DPS just shrugged it off.

Wow that’s surprising to me! My parents live in Dallas and my step father got his concealed carry in about 3 weeks.

Wow that’s surprising to me! My parents live in Dallas and my step father got his concealed carry in about 3 weeks.
The time has varied a lot over the years. I've never heard of one in 3 weeks, but it frequently ranged from 8 weeks to six months when I lived there. From the first licenses issued in 1996 until I left for NH in 2012, the average processing time probably pushed the legal limit.

When we moved to NH, my (adult) daughter and I dropped off our apps at the local PD on Wednesday. She got a call on Thursday to clarify her name change (we don't share any DNA, but she legally changed her last name to mine when she was 24), and then early Friday morning I got a call that our licenses were ready to pick up.

And now we don't even need no steenkin' licenses in NH. :)

The time has varied a lot over the years. I've never heard of one in 3 weeks, but it frequently ranged from 8 weeks to six months when I lived there. From the first licenses issued in 1996 until I left for NH in 2012, the average processing time probably pushed the legal limit.

When we moved to NH, my (adult) daughter and I dropped off our apps at the local PD on Wednesday. She got a call on Thursday to clarify her name change (we don't share any DNA, but she legally changed her last name to mine when she was 24), and then early Friday morning I got a call that our licenses were ready to pick up.

And now we don't even need no steenkin' licenses in NH. :)

So since NH is a constitutional carry state you don’t need any kind of permit to conceal carry? What about an out of state person.. If I was to visit for say camping or hiking would I be able to carry without a ltc?? Or does that rule just apply to residents only.

So since NH is a constitutional carry state you don’t need any kind of permit to conceal carry? What about an out of state resident.. If I was to visit for say camping or hiking would I be able to carry without a ltc?? Or does that rule just apply to residents only.
Not legal advise, but if you are not a PP, Len and I would say that you are GTG. Jack.

So since NH is a constitutional carry state you don’t need any kind of permit to conceal carry? What about an out of state person.. If I was to visit for say camping or hiking would I be able to carry without a ltc?? Or does that rule just apply to residents only.

constitutional carry=no license needed no matter what state you are from (as long as you are not a prohibited person)

Not legal advise, but if you are not a PP, Len and I would say that you are GTG. Jack.

RSA 159: "The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one's person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire."

Back
Top Bottom