• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

KingCobra58 said:
It's here! Got my C&R license in the mail yesterday and picked up the package from ATF this morning at the PO. The amazing part is that it only took 25 days! I mailed my app on Jan 12, my debit card was hit on the 18th and received the license on Feb 6. I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot of photocopying today! :D

Len, where did you say they were having a sale on Ramen Noodles? [roll]

Congratulations on getting the C&R.

Going into debt isn't too far over the horizon now! [lol]

You missed out on the big sale of Ramen for $0.09 each a few weeks ago. Keep your eyes peeled and pick up as much as you can carry! It won't be long before you won't be able to afford to buy real food. [wink]

LenS said:
KingCobra58 said:
It's here! Got my C&R license in the mail yesterday and picked up the package from ATF this morning at the PO. The amazing part is that it only took 25 days! I mailed my app on Jan 12, my debit card was hit on the 18th and received the license on Feb 6. I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot of photocopying today! :D

Len, where did you say they were having a sale on Ramen Noodles? [roll]

Congratulations on getting the C&R.

Going into debt isn't too far over the horizon now! [lol]

You missed out on the big sale of Ramen for $0.09 each a few weeks ago. Keep your eyes peeled and pick up as much as you can carry! It won't be long before you won't be able to afford to buy real food. [wink]

You could go to BJ's and buy it in economy size packages...Get a couple cases of them for $5!

I clicked on the link to the BATF site that Len S posted at the top of this thread and read the letter and found this sentence curious: "A collector's license only enables the collector to obtain curio or relic firearms interstate."

If I remember correctly (I could very well be wrong) the term "interstate" means within a state boundary, as opposed to "intrastate" - across state boundaries.

Anyone know what's meant by that sentence?

You have that backwards.

Main Entry: 1in·ter·state
Pronunciation: "in-t&r-'stAt
Function: adjective
: of, connecting, or existing between two or more states especially of the U.S. <interstate commerce>

Main Entry: in·tra·state
Pronunciation: -'stAt
Function: adjective
: existing or occurring within a state

Adam

SnakeEye said:
Call the local BATFE office and request the C&R FFL application, forms and booklets, or go to the following URL and order them.

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

F 5310.16
F 7CR

should i order Fingerptint cards "FBI FD-258FA - FFL Application ORI GAATF0100" as well, or are fingercards provided/not needed?
thx

:D

fingerprint cards are not needed.

KingCobra58 said:
I believe it is. If you received a green application look on the bottom right hand corner of the first page it should say ATF Form 7CR (5310.16) Revised May 2005.

It is indeed and that it does.
sweet, now i just gotta find me a typewriter
[idea]

I want to sell a G-43 on an auction site but havent sold a gun online before but have seen that sellers state they will sell to C&R and FFL. Can a C&R sell to a FFL? If so, how?

A holder of a C&R FFL can sell to any FFL. They swap FFL info and each logs the transaction in their respective Bound Books. NO FA-10s and there is no "unregistration" with the state (just in case that was what motivated the question).

Priorities:

1) Move to NH
2) Get concealed carry license
3) Join GONH
4) Get C&R
5) Spend all my money :(

i think you forgot your going to go need a minimum 10 long gun safe in addition to whatever you may already have.. [twisted]
not this week ,but next, Dicks is having a Safe sale

I just ordered my C&R application. One of my big interests is old Colt Single Action Army Revolvers. Will the C&R license allow me to purchase these from out of state and have them shipped to me in MA? :D Or do the AG's regs override the C&R license? [cry]

Jim

Please do some reading on C&R FFLs. The answer to your questions are most probably in this thread. Not being a SAA fan, I can't answer your question directly in broad terms (Colt SAA = BP?, antiques?, looking to buy the "real McCoy"?, new replicas?, shoot modern ammo or ball and cap?, etc.), but you should be able to determine the answer from the info here and your knowledge of what you are looking to buy.

According to the BATFE website all 2nd generation SAA's qualify for purchase with C&R. However, I am unclear as to weather this trumps the AG's regs. If I understand what I read previously, it does. I am hoping for info to confirm or deny this though.

Jim

jbacis said:
According to the BATFE website all 2nd generation SAA's qualify for purchase with C&R. However, I am unclear as to weather this trumps the AG's regs. If I understand what I read previously, it does. I am hoping for info to confirm or deny this though.

Jim

Hey Jim,

If you've got a valid C&R and the firearm qualifies to be purchased on the C&R, then you're good to go. The C&R is a federal license to purchase. All the AG can do is try his best to keep you from purchasing ammo on line. You may have problems, however, with the companies shipping to MA...that would be the only fly in the ointment.

Checked my account this morning and noticed the check had been cleared and cashed. Only a matter of time now...

What constitutes notifying the local CLEO? Phone call, face to face , email, written letter, registered mail?

Myself, I'd want to at least back it up with some hard documentation (especially in this state, and especially in the more gun unfriendly communities like Brookline, Quincy, etc).

LoginName said:
What constitutes notifying the local CLEO? Phone call, face to face , email, written letter, registered mail?

Myself, I'd want to at least back it up with some hard documentation (especially in this state, and especially in the more gun unfriendly communities like Brookline, Quincy, etc).

You make a copy of the form and mail it to the chief. There's a box on the form that you have to check that says "copy sent to chief" or some such wording - I don't remember it exactly.

Lynne said:
You make a copy of the form and mail it to the chief. There's a box on the form that you have to check that says "copy sent to chief" or some such wording - I don't remember it exactly.

You don't even have to make a copy...The application packet consists of an ATF Copy and a CLEO Copy. The CLEO copy is identical with the exception of the payment information.

Lynne said:

Thanks.

Imagine the collective stroke or veins popping out in the neck by anti-gun CLEOs if every 2nd amendment supporter in those communities forwarded a C&R form to them? [devil]

Back
Top Bottom