EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

After the conversation with my father last night, I guess I now know I won't be getting a C&R for sure. But let me know what you're looking for as to about anything, C&R or otherwise. Especially parts or ammo.

Nickle said:
After the conversation with my father last night, I guess I now know I won't be getting a C&R for sure.

If you don't mind my asking, what did your father say that makes not want to get a C&R? What is the downside - recordkeeping?

Not much sense in me getting a C&R, when it looks like I'll be going on his Dealer FFL as a Partner. So, I won't be a C&R, but a Regular FFL Dealer. I'm also thinking in specializing in parts (got a lot already) and Battle Rifle sales and repairs.

Nickle said:
Not much sense in me getting a C&R, when it looks like I'll be going on his Dealer FFL as a Partner. So, I won't be a C&R, but a Regular FFL Dealer. I'm also thinking in specializing in parts (got a lot already) and Battle Rifle sales and repairs.

Hey, congarats! You going to open a storefront? (I might know someone who'd work as a receptionist! [twisted] )

Ross

Won't open a storefront, since there's actually one there. And I've already got extra staff available. I'll be doing it part time until my retirement, anyways. That should be about 5 years.

Could you please post a link to that particular list on gunbroker.com?

How recent is the list? My last list from 3 years ago includes a number of companies that no longer exist!

Here is the link http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168817&SearchTerms=c&R

The post was back from 9/14/05 - 9/17/05. I took the list posted by gun_runner and converted it to an XL spreadsheet. I'll be more than happy to send if if you send me your e-mail address.

Bugie

Bugieman said:
Could you please post a link to that particular list on gunbroker.com?

How recent is the list? My last list from 3 years ago includes a number of companies that no longer exist!

Here is the link http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168817&SearchTerms=c&R

The post was back from 9/14/05 - 9/17/05. I took the list posted by gun_runner and converted it to an XL spreadsheet. I'll be more than happy to send if if you send me your e-mail address.

Bugie

Thanks, I took a look at the list. It is semi-old. A few companies listed are out of business, one is a company none of us should want to do business with hint - www.hunterslodge.com (Google for info on them, they've been flamed on multiple forums/eLists).

BTW, our Email addresses are on the Email button at the bottom of our posts. [lol]

Sample Letter?

I just received my C&R. Yeah!! Would anyone interest in posting a sample of the letter (or PM it to me) that they sent out to the big shops (Midway, etc) to get wholesale pricing and to get the FFL put on file. It would be helpful.

Thanks

This is what I use with my full name, address, phone number and email address below the signature. Under that is a scan of my 03, all on one sheet.
Be sure to sign the scan of the lic in red or blue. I use red so there's no question.
Jon

Samco Global Arms, Inc.
6995 N.W. 43rd Street
Miami, Florida 33166

Greetings:
Below, please find a signed copy of my 03 FFL. Please add me to your mailing list, enroll me in any applicable dealer discount programs that you have, and file my FFL for any future purchases I make with your company. I look forward to doing business with you.

Thank You,

Usually you only need send the copy of your Type 01 or 03 FFL.

Anyone that has their C&R may want to send a copy to certain places.

Century Arms
SARCO
MidwayUSA

You may also want to PM me to get a couple of other places worth doing business with.

BATFE came out with a new directive recently (August 2005) that now allows you to FAX a copy of your signed FFL to the dealers/distributors. [Including a copy of the directive with your Faxed FFL might be a good idea, some dealers may not read their newsletters.]

Thus, if you have unlimited long distance dialing, you can save a significant amount of money on postage!

NOTE: BATFE will NOT allow you to Email your FFL as an attachment . . . they haven't progressed that far into the 21st Century.

Here's a Link to the FFL Newsletter (Aug 2005) that explains this policy change.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/newsletter/0805fflnewsletter.pdf

A couple of questions...

Does this mean that as a Collector, one would be able to get ammunition shipped to them? Would they be able to get wholesale prices on ammo as well?

Re: A couple of questions...

KRL said:
Does this mean that as a Collector, one would be able to get ammunition shipped to them? Would they be able to get wholesale prices on ammo as well?

I've found that having a C&R makes no diff on ammo because no one wants to "violate" MGL's by selling ammo in MA without a permit. When the AG gets wind of someone selling in MA he goes after them like a rabid dog.

KRL said:

Yes, you can get wholesale pricing. The trick is to get someone to ship to you in MA or find a friend in a "free state" to receive it for you.

As Jon stated, if the AG sniffs that someone is willing to sell here, he sets up a sting operation and wins another x thousand votes for his gubernatorial campaign!

BTW, selling ammo mail-order does not violate any laws. The AG has issued an "opinion" that all such transactions "take place in MA" and require a MA Ammo License (most would buy that, but there is no mechanism to issue them to NR dealers) and he has ruled that all transactions must be face-to-face.

So he's nullified the Interstate Commerce Clause in US Law (well, at least for guns/ammo/mags/components)!

Therefore, I am hereby issuing an "opinion" that the AG is a flying a**h*** (albeit a very dangerous one), who mis-uses his authority! [roll]

LenS said:
Therefore, I am hereby issuing an "opinion" that the AG is a flying a**h*** (albeit a very dangerous one), who mis-uses his authority! [roll]

I'll second that!

Sounds the horns!

Sound the Trumpets and Horns...

Someone help up my wife, she fainted in fear of our bank account....

I am currently in possession of my C&R

Had a discussion with my father yesterday. We WILL accept C&R Licenses to purchase ammo from out-of-state.

Another reason to have one. Especially if you shoot something ODD.

We still ship to known customers, as well.

Nickle said:
Had a discussion with my father yesterday. We WILL accept C&R Licenses to purchase ammo from out-of-state.

Another reason to have one. Especially if you shoot something ODD.

We still ship to known customers, as well.

Way cool!!

After reading all of these posts here it makes me want to try and get this lic. What are the requirements?
I have an ALP/LTC in MA only, does this qualify me?
Do you get bombarded with mail from all kinds of dealers now?
Do your local shops give you any kind of discount?
Sorry for all of the questions
[oops]

edin508 said:
After reading all of these posts here it makes me want to try and get this lic. What are the requirements?
I have an ALP/LTC in MA only, does this qualify me?
Do you get bombarded with mail from all kinds of dealers now?
Do your local shops give you any kind of discount?
Sorry for all of the questions
[oops]

Did you really read everything here on the subject?

Call BATFE in Boston and request the forms for a C&R FFL. You fill it out, file a copy with your chief (for his info only) as required and wait. That's it!

There are requirements once you get the C&R FFL. They have been described here before (re-read if needed) and BATFE will send you books and info. You will need to create or buy a "bound book" (guidelines provided by BATFE). Brownells.com carries them for cheap money.

C&R FFLs are "private" and BATFE does NOT release that info to anyone, so you will get no mailings except from BATFE.

Local shops typically do NOT give you any discount.

Distributors who sell to the local shops will give you a discount (usually, not all do however). You need to send the merchants you want to do business with (the few that will ship anything to MA) a signed copy of your C&R FFL (and some will wisely request a copy of your MA LTC as well).

I did read all of the info in this thread.
As a MA resident this seems too easy to obtain. NOT complaining !

"There are requirements once you get the C&R FFL. They have been described here before (re-read if needed) and BATFE will send you books and info. You will need to create or buy a "bound book" (guidelines provided by BATFE). Brownells.com carries them for cheap money. "

I realize there are requirements once you get the C&R FFL. My question was is there anything else needed before I apply. Sorry if that wasn't so clear. Again, being a MA resident who seems to jump through hoops and rip through red tape for everything I just wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom