• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

LenS said:
Lynne, you have one important point incorrectly.

The gun must be EITHER >50 years old OR on the C&R List (available on BATFE website).

It's a very important distinction. . . to our advantage.

I'm sitting here reading what you wrote Len, and I'm thinking, "But I did say that." Then I looked at my quote and I realized that I typed "and" instead of "or". I shouldn't type when I'm tired. [lol]

Get a MUCH bigger safe than you need! Preferably as large as will fit in your house . . . you'll need it! [lol]

Stock up on Ramen Noodles when they are on sale, as all your "disposable income" will probably go to new toys, leaving you a little short for such niceties as food! [wink]

Enjoy and welcome to the forum!

My paperwork went out 2 weeks ago, and the check cleared on the 19th. So I'm guessing about another week to go before I should expect to hear anything.

To quote a TV commercial..

*wipes hs eyes of tears and goes* Its a thing of beauty.

Came home from 2 weeks in Oregon and what do I see in my mail space, but a letter from BATF and a big honking USPS package for me from the ATF.

Also to make it even sweeter, I had no bills in the group too.

Skald said:

Came home from 2 weeks in Oregon and what do I see in my mail space, but a letter from BATF and a big honking USPS package for me from the ATF.

How long did it take?

Adam

C&R here since about 2:30PM. [lol] Just send it to my email address, Nickle. I don't have the money, but hey... it'll give me incentive to try harder in my interview tomorrow!

Ross

PS - Adam, it took somewhere around 3 weeks.

Sent. After you look at the prices, you may change your mind on what you can afford. Shipping is $7.50 on any order under $500 total.

Remember that funky Nagant Revolver I have? Under $100.

dwarven1 said:
C&R here since about 2:30PM. [lol] Just send it to my email address, Nickle. I don't have the money, but hey... it'll give me incentive to try harder in my interview tomorrow!

Ross

PS - Adam, it took somewhere around 3 weeks.

Congrats Ross! You may come to regret it tho. [lol] And it only took *3* weeks? Yeesh...mine took longer than that, and it was a renewal.

I've had my C&R for about 2 months now :) Haven't made any purchases but certainly made a bunch of copies. From PDO, I got a list of about 50 dealers and through the magic of mail merge and a roll of stamps, I've placed a copy on file with them all.. just in case I "need" to purchase something

:D :D

If anyone wants the list, I converted it from MSword to MSExcel so the mail merge is easy. Send me a PM and Ill send it along

Bugie

Bugieman said:
I've had my C&R for about 2 months now :) Haven't made any purchases but certainly made a bunch of copies. From PDO, I got a list of about 50 dealers and through the magic of mail merge and a roll of stamps, I've placed a copy on file with them all.. just in case I "need" to purchase something

If anyone wants the list, I converted it from MSword to MSExcel so the mail merge is easy. Send me a PM and Ill send it along

Bugie

I'd love a copy of the list, and what is PDO, Bugie?

PM sent regarding the list Ross.
PDO= Packing.org (and I was mistaken.. the list was actually posted on Gunbroker not Packing.org)

Bugie

Bugieman said:

PM sent regarding the list Ross.
PDO= Packing.org (and I was mistaken.. the list was actually posted on Gunbroker not Packing.org)

Bugie

Could you please post a link to that particular list on gunbroker.com?

How recent is the list? My last list from 3 years ago includes a number of companies that no longer exist! :(

Adam_MA said:
Skald said:

How long did it take?

Adam

They charged my thing on the 8th of Sept and I had it by the end of the month, so about 3 weeks.

Bugieman said:

Bugie

Think you can send me that list as well? I go mugged by a roll of stamps at the store today. Said if I don't do what I'm told they will hurt me.

Back
Top Bottom