101st Airborne 1st to be issued M17-M18 (Sig) 9mm

I'd been scouting a regular P320 RX, but really like the FDE vs black. Was gonna buy a regular P320 and get a different grip frame, but the M17 version is GTG. Just have to add the reflex sight, but the slide is already milled for it.
P320-M17

Wanted that in Oct18 but got the P320 RX as the M17s weren’t out yet. Still want the full size - I just don’t shoot little guns well.

I'd say the chances are pretty good that m17/18 conversion kits will eventually be available once Sig gets caught up with the military contract rollout. Ive got 2 P320s now in 9mm and 45. Great pistols, super accurate, but Im not forking over more money for an M17. Kind of defeats the whole modularity selling point.

When the 101st actually sends its average 11B Joes into a shoot house to do focused CQB, live-fire, while “changing quickly from right hand to left hand,” let me know. I’m not holding my breath. I’m not convinced 11 average Army guys with handguns is ever a good idea.

Personally, I’d prefer a rifle over a pistol 100% of the time when in MOUT. So does the Army, doctrinally.
Same here. I would rather take the extra weight in a few additional rifle mags.

As a support guy I would've much preferred carrying an M18 to the DFAC than my M16 or the comparatively heavy M9.

M17 - 29.6 oz
M9 - 33.3 oz (on my scale it's 32.8)

carrying a 92 in AIWB is easy. OWB is cake. for less than 4 extra ounces I'll take a 92 over a POS-320

I love this quote:

“. Your fanatical barbarian, similarly wounded, continues to rush on, spear or sword in hand; and before you have the time to represent to him that his conduct is in flagrant violation of the understanding relative to the proper course for the wounded man to follow - he may have cut off your head.”

Back
Top Bottom