• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1000 Yard Range

Looks like a nice club, I've never been down that end of 116, the closest I get is dropping off plows at Ash Supply. I'm up there almost every weekend. Next time I go into town (Littleton), I'll have to do a drive-by on my way back to the house.

Looks like a nice club, I've never been down that end of 116, the closest I get is dropping off plows at Ash Supply. I'm up there almost every weekend. Next time I go into town (Littleton), I'll have to do a drive-by on my way back to the house.

It's a fantastic club. Nice, clean facilities and a fantastic group of guys/gals. When you drive by, you won't see a lick from the road. It sits waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there. The sign by the road came down this winter and I don't know if they got it put back up or not. Never really paid attention after noticing it was gone and seeing it in the club house.

Is the 1000 yard range fixed firing line with multiple target distances? Will it be uphill or downhill? I found when shooting 1000 in PA last week on a 6 deg incline, my 9 inch bipod wasnt enough, 13 was barely enough for my size.

Is that where you measure the accuracy in MKA? Minute of Kim's Ass ? if it can hit a real life pic of her derriere at 1000 yards its 1 MKA, right?

No, it's what we call 6.5CM since it's basically for people to post on social media about. If I had a place to legit shoot 1k, I am more interested in it now then I have ever been.

Is the 1000 yard range fixed firing line with multiple target distances? Will it be uphill or downhill? I found when shooting 1000 in PA last week on a 6 deg incline, my 9 inch bipod wasnt enough, 13 was barely enough for my size.

I do not have any additional information. When I do, I will be sure to pass it along.

UPDATE:
Here it is! Officially complete! As President of the Alderbrook Sportsmans Association, I am proud to announce the completion of the extended range.
There's over 40 steel plates spanning between 500 and 1108yds! I will be starting orientations within a week or so, so if you're not already a member, what are you waiting for???

SAWS Manufacturing

44813440_929045150617864_5295230029226049536_n.jpg 44878357_929045117284534_1003294645129576448_n.jpg 44823545_929045080617871_311298890311663616_n.jpg 44877125_929045177284528_5780966821536464896_n.jpg

Any more updates? Are there odd hours or any strangeness with this range? Do you know of any additional rules for the 1000 range? Seperate orientation/qualification? I saw there is a $75 membership and a $100 long range fee. So to use this is $175/year? Not a complaint, just wondering. Are guests allowed to shoot there?

My buddy and I are thinking about joining.
It’s a 3+ hour drive for us, but still maybe woth it if we can make it a couple times a year.

Thanks for any help.

Anyone know of a good campground or even wilderness camping area near by?

I'm interested in joining, and I know a few other dudes who would be as well, but it's a bit of a hike for us. Being able to make a weekend of it would be awesome.

I'm interested in joining, and I know a few other dudes who would be as well, but it's a bit of a hike for us. Being able to make a weekend of it would be awesome.
From the pics, I'd say you could set up a tent around 1109 yards. Seems plenty quiet around there

Same boat here. Harvard allows members to camp on site, and I have camped at Leyden for an Appleseed shoot. Maybe Alderbrook allows it as well. (Leydens one stipulation was “don’t shoot the porta potty”)

From the pics, I'd say you could set up a tent around 1109 yards. Seems plenty quiet around there

Well, if it’s all NES’rs on the line, thats the safest place to be.

Looks like fun,but way too far for me to drive to justify $175 a year.

Now if I could pay $75 for orientation and safety good for lifetime and $20 every time I show up would be cool.Went to a range in the White Mountains a while back that just charges like $10 for non members to shoot,really nice range had 600yd I think.Cant remember the name of the range but long range was on a hillside.

Looks like fun,but way too far for me to drive to justify $175 a year.

Now if I could pay $75 for orientation and safety good for lifetime and $20 every time I show up would be cool.Went to a range in the White Mountains a while back that just charges like $10 for non members to shoot,really nice range had 600yd I think.Cant remember the name of the range but long range was on a hillside.
Please let me know if you come up with the name. Looking to stretch my legs past 300.

Please let me know if you come up with the name. Looking to stretch my legs past 300.

That's Pemi in Holderness, I am a member and go up like once a month. I love it, it is probably the best range around here, they have steel at varying ranges out to 650 right now, and are always talking about building a new 1k range, but it seems to never get anywhere, there is a thread about it, so I won't get into it.

They are restructuring their whole membership process Jan 1. I don't think they will be doing the one day memberships anymore, too many people were a**h***s.

Any more updates? Are there odd hours or any strangeness with this range? Do you know of any additional rules for the 1000 range? Seperate orientation/qualification? I saw there is a $75 membership and a $100 long range fee. So to use this is $175/year? Not a complaint, just wondering. Are guests allowed to shoot there?

My buddy and I are thinking about joining.
It’s a 3+ hour drive for us, but still maybe woth it if we can make it a couple times a year.

Thanks for any help.

You can get $25 off your club membership fee by doing one of the work parties. Or, arrange your own work party with the of the BOD members, since there is always something to do around there. Nothing strange about the long range that I know of. Guests of members are $5.00 PP per day.

There is a KOA in Littleton/Lisbon right on 302. There is also Crazyhorse Campground in Littleton (near the hospital). They are all within 20 minutes or less of the range.

Back
Top Bottom