• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

100% online hunter ed

lancecolonel

NES Member
Just found out about this (pertains to maine...not sure about other states) all online course. No skills day required if you're over 16. Firearms, bow hunter and crossbow can all be done via this method. It's not free but it beats waiting around another year to get into a free class....

Maine had an in-person skills day requirement (on top of the online course) up until just a few days ago. I did the crossbow class but couldn't use it during bow season because I lacked the bow hunter cert. No bow hunter classes were being offered anywhere near me. This new class approved by maine idfw helps anyone in a position similar to mine. Bonus....you don't have to be a maine resident so any residents of states that require a "hands on" day can use this as a work around.

An out of state HE course is OK for Mass hunting license issuance.

The BIG hangup is that an online out-of-state course will not give the student the salient info on Mass gun laws, which will frack up someone that does not realize that "Restrictions: None" does not mean that you can carry a handgun while deer hunting, among other things.

Back
Top Bottom