• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

100 gun Cannon safe at Lowes.com, $2.4k???

Less than $2400? Seems cheap for such a large unit.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_694309-7945...kpid=999908761&CAGPSPN={ifpla:pla}{ifdyn:dyn}

Armory 100-Gun Combination Lock Fire Resistant Gun Safe

• Massive 4-in double-steel composite door with 4-in long, 1.5-in round active locking bolts and surefire multiple re-lockers
  • 3 layers of extra-hard, 60+ RC hard-plated steel protects the lock
  • Patented TruLock internal hinges
  • Smooth operating 5-spoke handle
  • Unibody construction delivers maximum ruggedness and strength
  • Predrilled bottom for bolting to floor
  • External power supply cord
  • Power supply with media outlet featuring 2 convenient 110 outlets, 2 USB ports and RJ45 Ethernet connection
  • High grade upholstery finished adjustable shelves, walls and inset door panel
999908759_04865471.jpg

45 minutes of fire protection, doesn't say at what temp. I think my Browning safe is better for fire security, but I would have to check.

12-gauge steel body.

Thanks. I noticed the specs listed "steel body", but left out the gauge (this usually means 12ga, which is this thinnest of gunsafe gauges and easily breeched).

The 1000lb weight for a safe of this size (ie, low weight) is another hint.

Thou gettuth what thou pay for. The price is not bad but you get a large, very nice looking, easily entered safe.

It's just a bigger version of the ones from tractor supply, dicks, walmart, etc. Good safes for a lower price. But I'd buy two cannons, winchesters, etc and pay 1/2 what that one costs and have similar space.

To expand on my comment above, most of these "safes" (security cabinets) can be broken into in 5-10 minutes by someone that knows what they're doing, with basic tools. I'd rather have stuff spread out over multiple, hidden safes instead of being able to capture all of my loot by only breaking into one.

Back
Top Bottom