• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10 and 15 round mag carry

I own a g19 gen 4 with 1 10 round mag and two 15 round mags all gen 4 can I carry the 15 round mag in the gun im in mass

Punctuation is your friend.

But no, if those two 15-rnd magazines are "gen4" then they carry a felony conviction for even possessing them in MA, let alone carrying them.

Punctuation is your friend.

But no, if those two 15-rnd magazines are "gen4" then they carry a felony conviction for even possessing them in MA, let alone carrying them.

This, but if you have a pre-1998, that means, ancient sticky, U Notch magazine that does not drop free, you are good to go.

I Carry the pre-ban Square noch mags in my Gen 4 G19. They are full metal lined and drop free when needed.

98 for the pistol, 94 for the mags

Ugh.

94 is the only date that matters with respect to MGL (i.e. magazines)

98 pertains to handgun compliance (i.e. what dealer can transfer/sell) - it's irrelevant for possession.

Snarky smart ass side of my brain says: You tell them you will carry whatever you want- whenever you want. Tell them I said it's ok.

The helpful and serious side of my brain says:
Possession of hi-cap mags in MA, provided they were not legally owned in MA prior to 1994, is illegal.

Last edited:
Ugh.

94 is the only date that matters with respect to MGL (i.e. magazines)

98 pertains to handgun compliance (i.e. what dealer can transfer/sell) - it's irrelevant for possession.

Really? Gee, thanks for clearing that up for us. [rolleyes]

Really? Gee, thanks for clearing that up for us. [rolleyes]

well perhaps you could elaborate then on how the year 1998 pertains to the OP's question.
because it doesn't.
he asked about magazines. therefore the answer should relate to magazines.

making statements like "98 for the pistol, 94 for the mags" is an excellent approach to create confusion.
the years 1998 and 1994 have nothing to do with each other except that 1998 came 4 years after 1994. the years "1998" isn't even specified in the MGL, so there are no laws pertaining to 1998 and thus 1998 is irrelevant for anyone with an LTC.

if planning to be a wise guy, then first step to is to get wise.

Snarky smart ass side of my brain says: You tell them you will carry whatever you want- whenever you want. Tell them I said it's ok.

The helpful and serious side of my brain says:
Possession of hi-cap mags in MA, provided they were not legally owned in MA prior to 1994, is illegal.

Where in the law does it says the mags must have been owned in MA?

if planning to be a wise guy, then first step to is to get wise.

How? By taking other peoples posts out of context and offer your own interpretation. In it's entirety (including steviep's quote) my post was correct. You turned it around to fit your own conception.
Having been licensed to carry in MA for over 40 years (June 1973) I am painfully aware of MA laws.

Where in the law does it says the mags must have been owned in MA?

In the unsigned, undated memo that the illiterate (can't read MGL) lawyers in EOPS demanded be written and distributed to create FUD! [rolleyes]

They insist to this day that those words are in MGL . . . even though they are NOT THERE!

Nowhere. This isn't California, yet.

No, but they are trying . . . very trying! [angry]

If im not mistaken (and if i am im sure Ill be corrected promptly if so), the only REAL tell if a glock mag is post-ban (besides admitting it) is if its got the ambi cuts, right? Other than that its nearly impossible to tell?
FYI.. this is more of a question than a statement.

Last edited:
If im not mistaken (and if i am im sure Ill be corrected promptly if so), the only REAL tell if a glock mag is post-ban (besides admitting it) is if its got the ambi cuts, right? Other than that its nearly impossible to tell?

Correct.

What are your thoughts on the High vs low caliber markings?

Back
Top Bottom