• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10/22

Anyone got any tricks to sight this thing in. I tapped the rear sight base a good amount to the right but after all the trial and error it's still shooting left no matter what.

bash-unbreakable-sledge-hammer-10919.jpg

Is it the take down model ?

Does that matter?

I bought my daughter a stainless 10-22 takedown that still has the factory sites. (tech sites for it are still in a box somewhere). She has had trouble holding zero and shooting accurately with it, but she is NPOA dead nuts accurate with her standard 10-22 rifle with tech-sites. Once the weather gets warmer we are going to have an xtended shoot up at our place in NH and see if it is the shooter, the sights or the rifle.

THIS. When we set up out 10-22's for an Appleseed event, we got tech sights. They're excellent.

Just ordered a set for the new Ruger American Rimfire!

They even have a version for the new bolt action.

Wonder if a good friend will help me get it mounted?

;-)

There is something with the adjustment knob and cycling the action when you assemble the rifle. RimfireCentral.com has a thread about setting it up if you have accuracy issues with it.

New or used rifle? I've never heard of one that doesn't shoot straight.
Bought the gun new a while ago. It shoots pretty tight groups but they just hit left no matter how much pounding is done with a hammer and punch. But I will look into those tech sights

Back
Top Bottom