• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10/22 with threaded barrel GTG in MA?

You didn't ask for it, but for the next person who stumbles onto this thread:

The AWB allows you 1 "evil" feature on a semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine. Evil features are:

1. Flash hider or threaded barrel for flash-hider
2. Pistol grip below the action
3. Bayonet lug
4 Grenade launcher
5 folding or telescoping stock.

I think that is all of them.

A factory stock 10/22 has no evil features. You can add any one of the features that you want. If you have a threaded barrel, you cannot add a pistol grip or a folding stock.

interesting side note . i was up at kittery . this was maybe 2 years ago . and someone from mass was trying to buy a 10/22 and they wouldn't sell it to them because he had a class b ltc . they required a mass class a large capacity licence . sounded like it was some sort of agreement with mass . ???

interesting side note . i was up at kittery . this was maybe 2 years ago . and someone from mass was trying to buy a 10/22 and they wouldn't sell it to them because he had a class b ltc . they required a mass class a large capacity licence . sounded like it was some sort of agreement with mass . ???

Moot since LTC-Bs are slowly disappearing, but wouldn't that only apply to pistols? IIRC it only prevented "large capacity" handguns and concealed carry. It made no difference on what rifles could be owned.

Moot since LTC-Bs are slowly disappearing, but wouldn't that only apply to pistols? IIRC it only prevented "large capacity" handguns and concealed carry. It made no difference on what rifles could be owned.

True, but don't expect stores outside of MA to understand that (or some stores within MA for that matter!)

Large cap was for rifles and pistols .

Funny thing about the 10/22 you can't have a threaded barrel and a flash hider. But you could have a slide on a flash hider .

Why not? Browncoat's post above indicates from the factory, it has no evil features and you are allowed one

Thread and flash hider not pin = 2
Is it though? Here is the relevant "feature" from the list:

(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

I would interpret that as meaning that any combination of threaded barrel and/or flash hider is considered a single feature.

You didn't ask for it, but for the next person who stumbles onto this thread:

The AWB allows you 1 "evil" feature on a semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine. Evil features are:

1. Flash hider or threaded barrel for flash-hider
2. Pistol grip below the action
3. Bayonet lug
4 Grenade launcher
5 folding or telescoping stock.

I think that is all of them.

A factory stock 10/22 has no evil features. You can add any one of the features that you want. If you have a threaded barrel, you cannot add a pistol grip or a folding stock.

Awesome, I'm gonna build me a 10/22 with a grenade launcher [laugh]

Is it though? Here is the relevant "feature" from the list:

(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

I would interpret that as meaning that any combination of threaded barrel and/or flash hider is considered a single feature.

I like to view it as a threaded barrel is one evil device and the flash hider is the second .
Since you can have a pinned flash hider .

Last edited:
your definition of "or" is a little different than everyone else's [rofl]

I view it as a pinned flash hider = 1
A threaded barrel = 1
A pinned flash hider = 1
A non pinned flash hider on a threaded barrel = 2
One of those ghetto flash hiders that don't use threads but locks onto the front sight like a mosin =1

Pretty sure the understanding is flash hider pinned is one, and threaded barrel is one. Putting a flash hider on a threaded barrel is still one, as is screwing a muzzle brake onto a threaded barrel without pinning or welding. With this mindset, you'd need to weld the nut on AR buffer tube to prevent installing a different stock and each position on a collapsible stock would be an evil feature.

Back
Top Bottom