10/22 Thread?

I noticed there doesn’t seem to be one, so why not. After 18 years I just got my first one, mainly for small game and screwing around at the range.

I had always heard there was a huge aftermarket for them, but I didn’t think it was that extensive.

I didn’t go too crazy on mine. Mainly a Magpul stock, XS Sights rail and ghost ring sights and a Vortex Red Dot. A bunch of Volquartson stuff, BX Trigger and a few other odd and ends.

2F18E71C-A3EA-42BD-9098-D004F88DDC43.jpeg

From mild to wild, what ya got?

Last edited:
Very cool! Over the winter I bought the Magpul stock, but haven't installed it yet. I was looking at some parts from Kidd Innovative Designs. Barrel, trigger, etc. There are so many options out there.

I noticed there doesn’t seem to be one, so why not. After 18 years I just got my first one, mainly for small game and screwing around at the range.

I had always heard there was a huge aftermarket for them, but I didn’t think it was that extensive.

I didn’t go too crazy on mine. Mainly a Magpul stock, XS Sights rail and ghost ring sights and a Vortex Red Dot. A bunch of Volquartson stuff, BX Trigger and a few other odd and ends.

View attachment 600842

now drop in a timney trigger next.

10/22s remind me of an old hatchet I own. It was kind of a piece of crap until I replaced the handle and the head. Now it's ok.
LOL, not that far off the mark. Actually they are great plinking 22's as is, but once one replaces "the handle and the head" you can build a sub-moa tack driver for relatively cheap. I think people were playing Barbie dress up with 10/22's way before AR15's, and the 10/22 builds were functional not full of all the Tacti-Bro slap on accessories you see on AR's. No "battle worn" paint schemes either [laugh]. I'll have to get a pic I can post for my custom Volquartsen / Kidd 10/22 that I built in the mid-90's (Kidd trigger added later).

M&M Sporting goods back in 93 when it was in Cordage Park in Plymouth.
Miss that location Cordage park is a shell of its former self. Used to love walking all over and and checking out the equipment and the steucture. Its down to one little corner “museum” and a few pieces in the hallway. . The open cat walk is long gone

View attachment 600842

CFBE1216-EB00-430F-AC01-75C9C7A74B74.jpeg94F57F4C-ECBF-4142-8465-6D64DACAD914.jpeg
My 10/22 with Kidd barrel/trigger , titan stock and out fitted with T105 sights from M1 Garand
I also have a set up for Redfield Match Sights and scope . I generally run it at 100 and 200 yards. Shooting prone with sling
Remington SV ammo from surplus military contract stuff from the cmp. Its good for about 2-3 moa. This barrel shoots better with cci sv and great with SK standard plus , tenex and lapua biathlon.

I need a much taller front sight set up as it shoots very high with this T105 sight set up

10/22 was the first gun I bought and on my 18th birthday. Herman’s sporting goods in shoppers world for us old timers.

I have 2 currently.
10/22 was my first firearm purchase as well. Mid 1980's from Service Merchandise. Still have it and still enjoy shooting it. Every now and then I upgrade a little bit. Heavy barrel, synthetic stock, BX trigger, Caldwell bipod. It still wears the original Bushnell 4X32 that I bought with it. I believe it was $149.00, blued in Birch stock.

My two current 10/22's

Victory Titan Stock
Volquartsen Receiver, bolt, charging handle
OEM metal trigger housing
Clark Custom Trigger and 18" deep Fluted Barrel
PWS push mag release
Nikon P22 2-7x 32mm scope

Magpul Hunter x-22 Stock
Stock receiver
Ruger BX trigger
OEM Polished and Scalped bolt (Volquarsen extracter)
OEM barrel
tactical solutions extended mag release
Tech sights

PXL_20220409_160001474.jpgPXL_20220409_160222466.jpg

I took the scoped setup out for a shack down with the new stock.

Prone slung. 25m
PXL_20220409_152132658.jpg
Seated Slung
PXL_20220409_152108696.jpg

and this was standing slung
PXL_20220409_152056301.jpg

Future upgrades will be limited. I'm going to send the BX trigger out to Brimstone for their trigger work. Probably an upgrade to a green mountain barrel for the iron sight setup.

yep, and just to be an assh@le to the 10/22 crowd :) - here is how the cz457 mtr varmint groups an el-cheapo aguila se at 100yds distance - a 1 hundred, not a 25.

aguila2_cz457.jpg

and, as i was looking at it - the comparison of aguila to CCI MiniMag - the left group is solid, after 3 shots to the right i adjusted scope by 1/4moa click to the left. so it is all grouped well.
mini mags are spraying way more, as it can be seen - they are faster, go higher and do about of 1moa group.
aguila_cz457.jpg

Last edited:
That’s like comparing an Jag F Type to a Ford Raptor whilst driving the Kancamangus. Yeah, they’re both gonna be fun. But one is gonna be better. If I wanted a tack driver, yeah, I’d buy something different. But I want a do all that will be fun.

4 in my safe, 2 are the kids, my 2 - one has kidd internals, boyds stock,whistle pig fluted barrel, and vortex viper 3x9, its the squirrel gun. the other has a ruger target hammer forged barrel, bell and Carlson odyssey stock, Jard trigger, vortex damondback 6-24 glass

Last edited:
Mine:

Hogue overmolded stock, Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release, extended mag release, Ching Sling, and Scout Scope.

Ruger 10 22 Scout.JPG

Hogue overmolded stock, Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release, extended mag release, Burris red dot, Gemtech Mist-22 integrated suppressor.

Suppressed Ruger 10-22 Take down.jpg

A 10/22 was one of the first guns I had ever shot. Out in the desert in AZ with family, unfortunately at the tender young age of 40 lol. It was the second gun I bought for myself at Dicks before I knew better. I put Tech Sights on it and earned a Rifleman patch at Harvard a handful of years ago. Other than the sights, a cotton GI sling and the bolt release mod (and skateboard tape on the buttstock), its still stock.

yep, and just to be an assh@le to the 10/22 crowd :) - here is how the cz457 mtr varmint groups an el-cheapo aguila se at 100yds distance - a 1 hundred, not a 25.

View attachment 601452

and, as i was looking at it - the comparison of aguila to CCI MiniMag - the left group is solid, after 3 shots to the right i adjusted scope by 1/4moa click to the left. so it is all grouped well.
mini mags are spraying way more, as it can be seen - they are faster, go higher and do about of 1moa group.
View attachment 601453
I sorta hated stock 10/22s growing up and as adult . When a kid it did not fit well as young adult still did not fit well and the factory sights suck. Then I started seeing aftermarket up grades and said NFW am I spending more on a barrel or trigger than I have on the rifle. Then I traded a pistol for a 10/22 which had a great trigger. Then even though I swore NEVER I grabbed a KIDD barrel and Titan stock and with CCI SC and better ammo Im very happy and when I am on and the wind is light I can get down to MOA groups. Right now that barrel really likes SK standard plus.

IMG_20220410_180500824.jpghogue over molded stock , KIDD bolt , green mountain bull barrel , and a cheap scope. Rifle shoots great as long as the shooter does his part. CCI and Elay shoot great groups through this rifle , I have bought some Lapua center X to try out , but haven't shot any of it yet.

I'm thinking about a build for accuracy and longer range plinking. Considering most parts will be replaced, I can't see starting with a new Ruger 10/22. (After replacing all the parts I will essentially have a complete box of components that can be built into a new, factory 10/22!) Does anyone know of a shop in Western MA that carries 10/22 compatible receivers?

Last edited:
A 10/22 was one of the first guns I had ever shot. Out in the desert in AZ with family, unfortunately at the tender young age of 40 lol. It was the second gun I bought for myself at Dicks before I knew better. I put Tech Sights on it and earned a Rifleman patch at Harvard a handful of years ago. Other than the sights, a cotton GI sling and the bolt release mod (and skateboard tape on the buttstock), its still stock.
I don't have a 10/22 but I'm about to put Tech-Sights on a Marlin 60 in prep for an "iron sights only" 25 yard rimfire rifle league. I'm looking forward to seeing what the '60 can do with the new sights and with CCI Minimag ammo. Other than the sights, the Marlin will be 100% factory stock.

I don't have a 10/22 but I'm about to put Tech-Sights on a Marlin 60 in prep for an "iron sights only" 25 yard rimfire rifle league. I'm looking forward to seeing what the '60 can do with the new sights and with CCI Minimag ammo. Other than the sights, the Marlin will be 100% factory stock.
this sight is not bad for what you want to do. You will need a taller front sight though

1651362588962.png

Back
Top Bottom