• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10-22 Hammer Won't Fall???

I just got a used 10-22. I took it to the range and sometimes it just won't fire! The hammer simply doesn't fall. Then after a few pulls the hammer would finally fall and fire the gun. After the first shot fired the subsequent firings would be fine. It was always just the first shot after cocking the hammer by pulling the lever back. I've taken it apart, looked it all over/cleaned everything. I reassembled and now it won't fire at all (yes I assembled it correctly!) Are there any animations out there that show the exact engagement and release of the sear/hammer/trigger? I can't see what is going on in this thing. [thinking]

Double check the re-assembly. If it fired before you took it apart and reassebled it but not after something is a miss. If still nothing after that - www.rimfirecentral.com is THE home for anything 10/22. been a while since I've been inside that model but I'm thinking spring issue.

You were right, it was the sear spring. Just needed a new spring. It was catching and clicking against itself. State Line fixed it right up for me free of charge!

Back
Top Bottom