• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10/22 backpack bug-out bag, by Copper Basin

Kinda liking this 10/22 backpack.

It could be used for other types of Takedown rifles as well.

[iwojima]

Found from another site the "specs of the bag"

Many buyers are complaining the bag is still too small

Pack Material: Durable
420D Nylon

Pack Total Weight:
2.6lbs (1.2kg.)

Pack Overall Dimensions: 23"L
x 13"W x 5"D

Inner Pocket...

Rear Stock: 18"L
x 9.5W x 2"D

Forend/Barrel: 18"L
x 5"W x 2.5"D

Accessory (two of them) 9"L
x 3.5"W x 1.5"D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sub 2ks make awesome backpack guns, but why would you want one in .22? Just curious...
This. I fold it up, load up some mags, bring a bag of ammo, and I'm out the door to the range in 5 minutes. It really is a sweet backpack gun as well as accurate as anything.

They are only made in 9mm & 40 (NOT 22LR)

...and this.

That IS a nice pack, if one wants to carry the rifle and little else more. I can't say I go anywhere where I want to carry a covert 22lr and nothing much else. But I DO live in NH...

That said, I'll probably get one! I've bought every useless holster, so on to packs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are only made in 9mm & 40 (NOT 22LR)

I know that, I've had one for 7, or 8 years, but I wanted to know why he would want it as a bug out gun in .22 rather than 9mm, .40, or .45 Personally, a bug out gun inmo should be of a defensive caliber, not just for poaching squirrels, which is why I was trying to understand his logic.[wink]

I don't have a problem with Yeagers videos but the logic behind "It don't look like a tactical backpack" is one of the most moronic things being said in the bug out bag world, so if in a SHTF situation your more likely to get attention brought to you if you have a camo pack as opposed to a hiking pack? BS, anybody carrying anything in that situation is a potential target. Bag looks nice, definitely could do the job for a 24 hour excursion.

AMAZON = $79.99

Never ended up buying one. They have updated it (Gen-3) Better color and improved the size of the inside pockets:

Interior of Pack
1. Rear stock w/ mounted rail accessory.

2. Forend with mounted bipod.

3. Hook & loop closures with cinch straps.

4. Reinforced pocket bottoms.

5. Dual accessory pockets.

6. Mesh accessory pocket.

7. Pack opens flat.

Front of Pack
8. Structural foam hides signature firearm shape.

9. Bungees hold gear in place.

10. Multiple external accessory pockets.

11. Water bottle pockets.

Back of Pack
12. Adjustable, padded shoulder straps with carabiner loops.

13. Adjustable sternum strap with whistle buckle.

14. Hidden strap attaches to car seat.

15. Padded, breathable mesh back with lumbar support pad.

16. Shoulder straps tuck in to back for snag free storage or simpler carry bag configuration.

b2e7e08c-421d-48f6-8958-d6eec5de7a34._SR300,300_.jpeg

Models that Fit:
- Alaskan Lever Action Takedown Rifles.

- AR & AK Pistols. (Depending on barrel length).

- AOW Shotguns/Compact Shotguns – Up to 21”.

- Century Arms AK Pistols.

- Century Arms Draco Pistols.

- Henry AR-7 Survival Rifle.

- KelTec Sub-2000 Rifles.

- Kriss Vector Gen II SDP and SBR.

- Ruger 10/22 Takedown Factory Rifle, 22 Charger, & 22 Charger Takedown.

- SIG MPX SBR, MPX-K SBR, PMP.

- Zenith Firearms MKE Z-5RS, MKE Z-5P, MKE Z-5K.

Every AR-15 is a "takedown" gun.

So that begs the question... What's a good AR backpack to hold a carbine upper (with sight), a lower, mags, ear protection, and a few other items?

Edit to add I found this via quick google search.

Elite Survival Stealth Backpack, AR15 low profile gun case

Looking at options as I actually think this would be a nice alternative to a regular gun case / range bag.

Last edited:
I picked up an Aero Survival rifle. It came with a 9mm and .40 barrels and bolt faces, collapsible stock. The barrels unscrew, collapse the stock and it fits in a regular backpack. Uses Glock mags so I picked up some 33 and 30 rd mags and put a low profile red dot on it. Compact, shoots really well.

Nice bag. Note that if you mount a scope to the receiver it will then be too long to fit in the bag. The solution is to use a quick-detach mount so you'll have three parts in the bag: receiver, barrel, and scope. A good-quality, one-piece mount will retain zero.

Back
Top Bottom