• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10/22 after market stocks????

My 10/22 Steel Gun with MagPul stock. With KIDD Ultralight Barrel.

Ruger%20Steel%20Gun_zpsnlhsrasp.jpg

ok i'll ask.
what is that on the barrel at the end of the chassis?

Last edited:
Thanks to slap shot he was able to post my pictures for me.

I received the new stock yesterday so I went to work putting everything together. There was some fitting to do because of the new KIDD trigger, but everything went smoothly. The adjustable butt plate and cheek rest is really nice. Everything fits me perfectly. Now I am ready to put some holes in some targets. What do you think.

Here are the before and after pictures of it.

PS: I think it is a little heavier now, but it is balanced better. I hope it will shoot as good or better than before.

Last edited:
Thanks to slap shot he was able to post my pictures for me.

I received the new stock yesterday so I went to work putting everything together. There was some fitting to do because of the new KIDD trigger, but everything went smoothly. The adjustable butt plate and cheek rest is really nice. Everything fits me perfectly. Now I am ready to put some holes in some targets. What do you think.

Here are the before and after pictures of it.

PS: I think it is a little heavier now, but it is balanced better. I hope it will shoot as good or better than before.

Looks good now post a range report.

Looks great Joseph!

So now about your ammo...

CCI Standard Velocity (SV) are quite accurate and should not add too much 'noise' to the accuracy of your rifle. I don't know what you used before to determine that your accuracy was good, but CCI SV should be AOK. Just for grins you can spend more $ on match ammo. Not sure of your location, but Cabelas in Berlin MA has quite a few choices if your local gun shop does not. In your rifle you may notice little difference between the CCI SV and full blown match ammo. Many of the high velocity and 'hyper' velocity 22LR offerings are minute of rabbit accurate but get a little wild when trying to split hairs (hares, LOL?) on targets with a 10-ring smaller than the caliber.

- - - Updated - - -

So, are both pics visible? PhotoBucket was really flaky last night.

Yep

Looks great Joseph!

CCI Standard Velocity (SV) are quite accurate and should not add too much 'noise' to the accuracy of your rifle. I don't know what you used before to determine that your accuracy was good, but CCI SV should be AOK. Just for grins you can spend more $ on match ammo. Not sure of your location, but Cabelas in Berlin MA has quite a few choices if your local gun shop does not. In your rifle you may notice little difference between the CCI SV and full blown match ammo. Many of the high velocity and 'hyper' velocity 22LR offerings are minute of rabbit accurate but get a little wild when trying to split hairs (hares, LOL?) on targets with a 10-ring smaller than the caliber.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep

Thanks and great info regarding ammo. My son's 10/22 really likes the Aguia SV. Under $40 a brick!

Looks great Joseph!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep

I just posted this video about making 22 LR more consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqM-SHZlZjM

Yes both photos are visible. Slap Shot could have posted my target which is in Post #6 where he got the pictures if he would like to. Then when I get another target it can be posted to see the comparison.

Last edited:
As for the ammo I bought a box of 325 rounds of Federal "TARGET GRADE PERFORMANCE" 22 LR. Box says ideal for semi-autos. Maybe Slap Shot can post the target I shot with it. Now I need to shoot some more targets and see if I need to do any tuning.

Last edited:
slap shot said he will Post the old and new target for me tonight. I'm thanking him in advance.

I went to Bullseye shooting range and after sighting in I shot 10 shots with the new Archangel stock. I was using a bipod which I adjusted to center the bubble level. It seems to shoot even better with this new set up.

I just measured the first group which was 1+1/16" and the last group with the Archangel stock was 3/8" centers to centers.

PS: I think the main reason for the smaller group was because of the bipod and the centered bubble making the rifle hold a more consistent shooting position then when I shot the first group off of a sand bag.

Last edited:
I don't really do much other than gun stuff. So im bored and at least like to play with gun related things. Cut your groups in half....nice

ZBezNX0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom