10/17 Pioneer Sporstmen/ B.U.G. w/ Bowling pin side...

Howdy y'all...

Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc. invites you to the 3rd Annual B.U.G. Match. IDPA style defensive shooting with your carry guns. Competitors will be organized into three categories: Revolvers 3” or less, Semi-Auto under 3.8", and then everything else (for those that want to shoot, but don't have a BUG gun).....Yes .22 is allowed…

• You’ll be run through 3-4 stages using IDPA-like targets, scoring, and rules.
• Holsters are NOT required, as many pocket carry/ purse carry and we can not safely do this in a match, you will be able to start from a table or at low ready. You MUST have the pistol in either a holster or bagged to come up to the line.
• Please arrive in time to register by 8:30ish; stages will begin at 9:00ish.
• We will shoot RAIN or SHINE.
• There is a $15 entry fee. 2nd guns and 2nd runs based on turnout.
• Sign-ups to be held at the shed starting at 8:15, cutoff is at 11:00AM.

*** For the Pin Shoot side match, bring extra ammo- again, this must be pistol caliber (only). There will be dueling tables and other setups. Nominal fee. ***

For questions please pm me.

Thanks and hope to see you there! -Mark

ahh figures! my club's work day is the 17th! too bad too, i've got some 255gr RNFP's for the .45 that are makin damn near 300PF. works the nuts on pins!

Any updates on a 3gun match this year mark? last time i looked, it'd been cancelled!

Will extra magazines be required for these stages? I have a gun i'd love to use but if they are long stages id be screwed.

My 6906 has a 3.25 barrel; does it qualify as a BUG? The reason I ask is that I have never considered it a BUG. The pistol halds 13 rounds and is fairly accutrate at 50 yds.

My 6906 has a 3.25 barrel; does it qualify as a BUG? The reason I ask is that I have never considered it a BUG. The pistol halds 13 rounds and is fairly accutrate at 50 yds.
I think it should qualify as a bug gun, but you will have to down load it (5 rounds maybe) to whatever limit the club sets.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Beansie- All of the stages except for one will be shot in 5 shot increments. For the one stage, there will be one mandatory reload. Why? I like people to reload a J-Frame on the clock. Practice under "pressure".

What will you be shooting? We can come up with a work around...don't let that keep you from coming down and having fun...either PM or see me the day of the match....

Gammon, per "the rules", the barrel must be under 3.8....so yes....you will need to download it, that's all....Depending on final stage design, which is still being formulated by the voices in my head, you will probably be able to load to max, just shoot it in 5 shot increments. Well, except for the mandatory reload stage. You'll need to download. Unless it's your only mag, then we will come up with a workaround for you, too.

My matches are not your typical match- this is supposed to be a fun venue, shooting our carry guns, or ones we don't typically get to shoot in competition. I will come up with a fair workaround for people that only have one mag. Please still come and shoot and have fun.

I will have J-Frame speed loaders and speed strips if anyone needs to borrow one for the mandatory reload stage.

Mr. Kelly- I hope you will be there?

Beansie- All of the stages except for one will be shot in 5 shot increments. For the one stage, there will be one mandatory reload. Why? I like people to reload a J-Frame on the clock. Practice under "pressure".

What will you be shooting? We can come up with a work around...don't let that keep you from coming down and having fun...either PM or see me the day of the match....

Gammon, per "the rules", the barrel must be under 3.8....so yes....you will need to download it, that's all....Depending on final stage design, which is still being formulated by the voices in my head, you will probably be able to load to max, just shoot it in 5 shot increments. Well, except for the mandatory reload stage. You'll need to download. Unless it's your only mag, then we will come up with a workaround for you, too.

My matches are not your typical match- this is supposed to be a fun venue, shooting our carry guns, or ones we don't typically get to shoot in competition. I will come up with a fair workaround for people that only have one mag. Please still come and shoot and have fun.

I will have J-Frame speed loaders and speed strips if anyone needs to borrow one for the mandatory reload stage.

Mr. Kelly- I hope you will be there?

The 6906 is going back to S&W for repairs, so I guess I'll have to use the 4516 (3.75 in barrel). Sounds like fun.

With everyone's CRAZY weather yesterday, I wanted to post that we are having the match today....Yes, it's cold out, but the stars are shining bright... grounds are dry...as of now it looks like four stages....bring 50 rounds....see y'all in a few....M out.....

Ex ma hole,
Thanks for running this. I had a great time putting some rounds through my smaller guns.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a lot of fun, thanks for puting it on.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Back
Top Bottom