10/16 3rd Annual Pioneer Sportsmen B.U.G. Match and everything else match...

...it's my favorite time of year again...BUG time...time to dust off the 5 shot J-Frames, the Kel-Tecs that you shot five rounds through and trust your life to, and the Walther PPK in .22 that you had to have but never shoot....Come on up, down or over to the Pioneer Sportsmen's (in beautiful Dunbarton, NH) third annual BUG match....

This is NOT an IDPA sanctioned event, but it VERY loosely follows IDPA rules. It's a fun match.

Classifications will be as follows: Bug Revolver, Bug semi auto and everything else- well, no tanks, grenades, full auto or 50 caliber....

I don't care what you have for gear, magazines, or tactical vests and matching boots...I want people to shoot.

There will be ONE mandatory reload on the timer. ALL OTHER RELOADS are done off the clock. NO holsters required. EVERYTHING will start at either low ready or off of a table. There will be ONE shot at distance, everything else will be pretty close...

This is a GREAT match for those that are entertaining the idea of doing IDPA type stuff, but don't want to buy all the associated crap without trying it out first...

Cost is $15.00. If you want a second run, the cost will be $10, if you are there early and there is not a cast of thousands, and you ask me nicely, I've been known to give out free second runs. Sign ups start out at the IDPA shed at 8AMish and go until 11ish...

If you have ANY questions, ask...If you are scared out of your mind, pm me, let's address your concerns, or find me the morning of the match, I'll be the jackass with no hair and a cigar hanging out of my mouth....

This is a fun match, and is meant to shoot the odd ball stuff and to try action shooting. It is also good for practicing scenarios with you seldom shot carry guns....

Mark

This will be a fun match!

Pioneer Sportsmans Club is located just West of Concord, NH (Exit 2 off I-89). Google Maps calls it "The corner of Clinton St/NH-13 and Farrington Corner Rd". The GPS Coordinates are: N 43 09' 16.5" W 071 37' 18.9" OR go to our "Directions & Map" page of our website.

Last edited:
Noob

Oh ok, I'll bite - What the heck is a BUG match, my best guess is shoot what you bring. I came to the Pioneer and shot my very first speed shoot this past Saturday (Steel Challenge) what a blast, I used to shoot IMSA and thats about all the comp experience I have. But you fellows at the Pioneer (absolutly great bunch of guys and gals managing the stations) realy got my attention on this speed shooting so I'll definitely be there. I would like to know if these qualify to shoot the match.

Glock 17 SSP
Ruger Single Six (probably too slow in the reloading dept.)
May have a Ruger 22/45 5.5" barrel (deal not worked out on this one yet)

BUG = Back Up Gun. It's meant to be a match where everyone shoots their actual carry-gun, with barrels less than 3.X inches (3.7?). Of course, many people around here seem to have carry-guns of 4.25"+, which is probably why they've got an "Everything Else" category.

Gammon: Semi-automatic, 3.8” or less (factory installed cone style barrels with or without a barrel bushing are permitted). Revolver 3” or less.

No one will be there with a ruler, it's the honor/ best guess system.

katzrat1, figure 75.

Thank you for the update, I'll be there, just got a P22 today that I cant wait to try out. Glad there there is the everything els cat. would hate to leave the G17 at home.

Back
Top Bottom