• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10,000 Dollar reward offered for anyone who can point to the law on "Firearm Receiver

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
This guy does have balls. I am not familiar with the law he talks about.

Good luck on winning the 10,000 bucks.

[video=youtube_share;a6XkWOqgBvc]http://youtu.be/a6XkWOqgBvc[/video]

This guy does have balls. I am not familiar with the law he talks about.

Good luck on winning the 10,000 bucks.

[video=youtube_share;a6XkWOqgBvc]http://youtu.be/a6XkWOqgBvc[/video]
He'll be the next one being made an example of. ATF doesn't like it when people don't whimper and cower when they issue decrees.....kind of like dimples. Here's hoping that some of that changes in the near future.

He'll be the next one being made an example of. ATF doesn't like it when people don't whimper and cower when they issue decrees.....kind of like dimples. Here's hoping that some of that changes in the near future.

The next one? You know who that is right? It's Demetri, former owner of Ares Armor. He is the one. Trust me there is no one more familiar with the ATF, or the topic he's discussing, than that guy. he's also correct BTW.

The 80 in the vid is the old style that they got shut down for. It has a softer polymer in the area you need to mill out to make it easier and produce cleaner results. The angle the ATF took was that during the manufacturing process there was a point where they had receivers that had and empty fire control pocket and a drilled trigger hole. This was working under the assumption that they molded the receiver then filled the pocket w/ the softer polymer.

In actuality they way they make those is as follows. They first mold what they refer to as the "biscuit" (the soft polymer piece in the fire control pocket). Then the biscuit is put in a mold and the polymer for the receiver body is injected in around the biscuit. At no point in time during the manufacturing process did they ever have receivers that were more than 80% complete.

If there were ever an expert on the topic it's him. He's probably spent more than any of us make in a decade fighting them. The ATF already took a bite at that apple and didn't like the taste.

The next one? You know who that is right? It's Demetri, former owner of Ares Armor. He is the one. Trust me there is no one more familiar with the ATF, or the topic he's discussing, than that guy. he's also correct BTW.

The 80 in the vid is the old style that they got shut down for. It has a softer polymer in the area you need to mill out to make it easier and produce cleaner results. The angle the ATF took was that during the manufacturing process there was a point where they had receivers that had and empty fire control pocket and a drilled trigger hole. This was working under the assumption that they molded the receiver then filled the pocket w/ the softer polymer.

In actuality they way they make those is as follows. They first mold what they refer to as the "biscuit" (the soft polymer piece in the fire control pocket). Then the biscuit is put in a mold and the polymer for the receiver body is injected in around the biscuit. At no point in time during the manufacturing process did they ever have receivers that were more than 80% complete.

If there were ever an expert on the topic it's him. He's probably spent more than any of us make in a decade fighting them. The ATF already took a bite at that apple and didn't like the taste.
Ah, I'm an ass. I couldn't place the name. I did remember the Ares Armor "incident".

He is 110% right, they make up fake laws all the time and threaten people with them, particularly WRT gunsmithing or manufacturing... people bend over because they don't often have the resources to fight.

This is the dude from Ares Armor, right?

Yes, the same one.

Not too many people are willing to martyr themselves, but he is smart and walking a tight line. I hope that he has some mechanism in case he is arrested that other people can support him.

Right now is the perfect time to push on ATF. The more they push now, these 4 years would be a good time to deal with this nonsense. If ATF goes full retard, we got more support in DC, certainly better than the last 8 years.

I hope people watch this vid, like it, follow it, spread it around. Dude got balls, his cause is just, let's get behind him (... no homo)

Looks like FaceBook ****ed him over it.

I wonder if someone dropped a dime on him, or FecesBook censors/filters caught it?

This Video was Banned from Facebook, one hour after posting it, our page was shut down. There is nothing illegal being offered for sale, I am simply asking for someone to point to the statute or reg.

Below is a copy paste from the Facebook Post that was banned,

I am offering a 10,000 dollar reward for the first person who can show me the definition of "firearm receiver" found, either in the GCA or associated regulation, CFR 478.11, that defines a receiver as,
"An item which is not part of a firearm, and which does not in the present tense provide housing for the bolt or breach block, trigger, hammer, and which is not threaded at its forward portion to receive a barrel"
And would apply to the EP80
Offer expires in 24 hours.
ATF opinions are not accepted. Show me the statute / regulation

Looks like FaceBook ****ed him over it.

I wonder if someone dropped a dime on him, or FecesBook censors/filters caught it?

He should put his shit on Vimeo, Youtube, Full30, etc... that way people can keep spraying the link around and he can't be censored easily.

-Mike

Yes, the same one.

Not too many people are willing to martyr themselves, but he is smart and walking a tight line. I hope that he has some mechanism in case he is arrested that other people can support him.

Right now is the perfect time to push on ATF. The more they push now, these 4 years would be a good time to deal with this nonsense. If ATF goes full retard, we got more support in DC, certainly better than the last 8 years.

I hope people watch this vid, like it, follow it, spread it around. Dude got balls, his cause is just, let's get behind him (... no homo)

In a way he is going to try to call their bluff, I hope he has all his shit in a row otherwise. A lot of times the feds will come in from the flanks and wail people they don't like on some totally unrelated issue. They will do things like threaten to shitcan someones FFL, etc. (not sure if Ares has one at all, etc, though. )

-Mike

He should put his shit on Vimeo, Youtube, Full30, etc... that way people can keep spraying the link around and he can't be censored easily.

-Mike

In a way he is going to try to call their bluff, I hope he has all his shit in a row otherwise. A lot of times the feds will come in from the flanks and wail people they don't like on some totally unrelated issue. They will do things like threaten to shitcan someones FFL, etc. (not sure if Ares has one at all, etc, though. )

-Mike

Video he posted a few days prior to the other one...

Last edited by a moderator:

-Mike
I think that Ares kicked him out, he is no longer affiliated, so hopefully he is ready for the hurt and has his ducks lined up.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I think that Ares kicked him out, he is no longer affiliated, so hopefully he is ready for the hurt and has his ducks lined up.

My bad, for some reason or another I had assumed he owned that business.

-Mike

It says here that they were bought by an investment firm. http://www.guns.com/2015/03/05/ares-armor-acquired-by-investment-firm-amid-atf-legal-battle/

An investment firm acquired Ares Armor, a controversial company that sells unfinished AR lower receivers and was the subject of a raid by federal agents last year.

Lake House Capital Management, LLC, based out of Hinsdale, Illinois, acquired the assets of Lycurgan, Inc., the holding company of Ares... <continues>

Apparently it was/is a messy situation. http://www.guns.com/2016/04/01/trademark-suit-dismissed-for-current-ares-armor-owner-not-former/

Two of the three parties involved in a trademark suit between Ares Defense and the company formerly called Ares Armor agreed to voluntarily dismiss the case Tuesday.

Ares Defense agreed to drop allegations against Bryce Stirlen, the owner of American Weapons Components, formerly Ares Armor, as long as he paid his court costs, but that leaves his former business partner, Dimitrios Karras, who no longer works for the company, as the lone defendant.

Ares Defense established in Melbourne, Florida, in 1999 and makes firearms for civilians, military and law enforcement. Ares Armor launched in 2010 out of Oceanside, California, to sell firearm parts and accessories.

Details of the agreement between Ares Defense and Stirlen are unclear. Mention of settlement discussions were made during a hearing in February but attorneys were unable to discuss the matter in greater detail. However, in December, five months into the lawsuit, Stirlen changed the name of the company — which is the focus of the case.

The dismissal request comes on the heels of the court ordering mediation to be held at an Orlando federal courthouse since a harassment case exists between the Sterlin and Karras and neither party expects the matter to be resolved quickly. According to court documents, a California state court requires Stirlen to remain at least 300 yards away from Karras and his family.

Conflict between the two defendants started brewing before the alleged trademark violation had been filed. Days before the case launched in July, the two had a public falling out over business agreements in which Karras sold majority shares and assets of Ares Armor to Stirlen’s investment firm Lake House Capital Management. Although they agreed Karras would maintain 30 percent of the business, Sterlin fired him sometime in the months between. Their business dealings remain unresolved.

When they announced the arrangement in March 2015, Karras said he agreed to sell so he could focus his efforts on fighting an ongoing court battle against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The agency raided the company’s Oceanside storefront in 2014 after Karras refused to release a list of customer names. Unfinished AR lower receivers, the company’s staple product, had been the subject of controversy in the Golden State because owners could create an unserialized firearm.

According to court records, Karras alongside his attorney appeared at a hearing regarding the trademark case on Feb. 9. Both his attorney and counsel for Ares Defense presented arguments whereas Sterlin had counsel present but only to observe.

At the hearing, Ares Defense argued Karras, operating one or two business entities, sold firearm-related products branded Ares Armor through its California shop and the Internet to customers nationwide and in Florida, where Ares Defense operates.

Counsel for Ares Defense argued Karras used the name “Ares” to intentionally confuse Florida customers and that harmed its sales. Although Ares Defense does not have a federal registration, the company’s attorney argued it could proceed with the case based on common law rights and state trademark.

On the other hand, Karras’s attorney argued the name “Ares,” the Greek god of war, is a common name within the gun industry, according to the transcript. That and Karras no longer runs the company.

The defense introduced a similar argument in a motion to dismiss the lawsuit for lack of jurisdiction, but the court denied the request on March 10.

Attorneys representing Sterlin and Ares Defense did not respond to Guns.com’s requests for comment.

A hearing for mediation is scheduled for May and a trail date, if the case makes it that far, is set for November 2017.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom