• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10,000 "assault weapons" sold in 2015 in MA

StevieP

NES Member
We (I do, anyway) believe this has GOT to be a low number. If I had to guess, I'd say that Four Seasons sold more than a thousand rifles and stripped lowers just by themselves.

As of January, there were 385,000 LTC holders in the state. You're telling me that only one in thirty-eight point five gun owners bought an AR or AK last year? And that none of those people own more than one?

Has anyone come up with a valid way to count (or SWAG) how many actual weapons that meet the AG's definition there are in the Commonwealth?

Ya the number makes sense if you don't include lowers. Many of us have ARs from either stripped lowers or assembled lowers that were transferred to an FFL so I wouldn't doubt if at least half of the ARs in the state came about that way. Easy and painless to do.

Also, not all gun owners are enthusiasts willing to drop $600-1500 on a rifle. Most of the older gun owners I know even think ARs are stupid and only handguns/shotguns make sense to own so the 380K+ LTC number means nothing to me.

Also, not all gun owners are enthusiasts willing to drop $600-1500 on a rifle. Most of the older gun owners I know even think ARs are stupid and only handguns/shotguns make sense to own so the 380K+ LTC number means nothing to me.

I wish we could get them to wake up. 380K people at the statehouse would get somebody's attention.

Back
Top Bottom