1/2 Price Creedmore at CMP

Are people shooting this 167 grain .30-06 Creedmore out of a M1 without an adjustable plug? I've always stuck to the 150 grain milspec loading myself.
It says "Safe for use in: All M1 Garands and 1917s" right on the box.
My reloads for M1 have all been 168gr except for 20 using 150 that I made up last week to compare to the 168s (haven't tried them out yet). I'm sure others will chime in but most people I know use 168 for the most part, but some do use 150. I got into reloading a few years back specifically for my M1s and I remember asking around and most people told me 168 was their preference, so that's what I've rolled with. I've done 150s with my 1917, though.

My manual has M1 specific loads (as well as 7.62x51 service rifle) loads, I follow those.

Last edited:
Are people shooting this 167 grain .30-06 Creedmore out of a M1 without an adjustable plug? I've always stuck to the 150 grain milspec loading myself.

Yes, it's outstanding ammo. Lapua projectiles and Lapua brass. Probably Vihtavuori power too. I have to hand load expensive projectiles (Sierra SMK's, TMK's, etc.) to beat the accuracy of the out of the box Creedmoor ammo. It is not hard hitting on the rifle. I think the Greek HXP is a little hotter, and that stuff is traditional surplus made specifically for the M1.

IMHO, adjustable gas plugs only necessary for hot bolt gun hunting loads- which you should not shoot in the M1 anyway.

It says "Safe for use in: All M1 Garands and 1917s" right on the box.
My reloads for M1 have all been 168gr except for 20 using 150 that I made up last week to compare to the 168s (haven't tried them out yet). I'm sure others will chime in but most people I know use 168 for the most part, but some do use 150. I got into reloading a few years back specifically for my M1s and I remember asking around and most people told me 168 was their preference, so that's what I've rolled with. I've done 150s with my 1917, though.

My manual has M1 specific loads (as well as 7.62x51 service rifle) loads, I follow those.

Yes, it's outstanding ammo. Lapua projectiles and Lapua brass. Probably Vihtavuori power too. I have to hand load expensive projectiles (Sierra SMK's, TMK's, etc.) to beat the accuracy of the out of the box Creedmoor ammo. It is not hard hitting on the rifle. I think the Greek HXP is a little hotter, and that stuff is traditional surplus made specifically for the M1.

IMHO, adjustable gas plugs only necessary for hot bolt gun hunting loads- which you should not shoot in the M1 anyway.

Good to know, thanks!

Also we will never know just how much of the 2billion or so M1ball was put through any of the garands.

Also remeber it’s not so much bullet weight it’s the gas and the volume/pressures it’s maintains at the gas port.
Example my cast loads with 18 grains of 2400 drive a 200 grain bullet to 1700fps but won’t even nudge the bolt. There is just no gas volume or pressure left by the time it reaches the port. BUT double charge that 2400 and you could blow up your M1!

Cracks me up that this thread actually has nothing to do with 6.5 CM. I guess once you get your panties pulled down you (not you) go all in. :)

[laugh]

Never all in! Just the top

Yeah, we figure you for more of a 'catcher' than a 'pitcher' anyway... [devil]

Yep, this thread has been swirling round and round the toilet since someone got excited about Creedmoor, or was it Creedmore?

30A244C4-3F84-4BE3-8459-B3F14B28C789.jpeg
[laugh]

Yeah, we figure you for more of a 'catcher' than a 'pitcher' anyway... [devil]

Yep, this thread has been swirling round and round the toilet since someone got excited about Creedmoor, or was it Creedmore?

A catcher? That’s funny, surprised you guys came up with that yourselves ! Was that at the Creedmor Club meeting? You don’t have to be embarrassed about it , lots of people like Creedmoor , I don’t know any but I’m sure they’re out there

View attachment 270149

A catcher? That’s funny, surprised you guys came up with that yourselves ! Was that at the Creedmor Club meeting? You don’t have to be embarrassed about it , lots of people like Creedmoor , I don’t know any but I’m sure they’re out there

I was going to say that I can put all my shots in one hole at 100 yards but I don't want to get banned.

So what are you using at 1000 yards again ?

I tend to use my equivalent of 6.5 Creedmoor which is a 22 LR Magnum. However I have dropped a Muley at 480 with my 300 WM

So this is the target you say you hit the same hole on each shot ???

Attachments

• 09ECAB9E-85A8-48A2-92F9-F5B9B535EC6F.jpeg
    09ECAB9E-85A8-48A2-92F9-F5B9B535EC6F.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom