• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'09 Deer Season Pics

I have a nice 8 point set of antlers that I took from my aunt's house. I went to winterize the house as she is in Florida to spend time with family. She was diagnosed with the same tumor as Fat Teddy and is near the end of her journey in this life. I had looked for these antlers for 25 or so years.

She knows how much they mean to me and was glad to hear that I grabbed them. My grandfather killed the buck in 1939. I will post pic later. I am still planning on getting out there at some point but I am stuck in a remodel job that never seems to move forward.

First Deer

This doe will not be eating my shrubs this year. shot her in the back yard. I had walked out, set up some doe scent wafers, climbed into the tree stand, checking the time it was 5:04. made a few calls and waited. At 5:12 I shot this doe at 20 yds. They had been coming in around 6-6:30. this one was early. I waited 20 minutes to make sure it was dead. Heart/lung shot, probably dead in 30 seconds.

Doe.jpg

Nice! I was wondering if hunting in shorts would keep the numbers down. Good to see your kills even if you got it with your car.

This doe will not be eating my shrubs this year. shot her in the back yard. I had walked out, set up some doe scent wafers, climbed into the tree stand, checking the time it was 5:04. made a few calls and waited. At 5:12 I shot this doe at 20 yds. They had been coming in around 6-6:30. this one was early. I waited 20 minutes to make sure it was dead. Heart/lung shot, probably dead in 30 seconds.

Doe.jpg

Congratulations. I have only been bow hunting a couple of years and got one shot off but missed. I was shooting from a climbing tree stand and when the deer heard the arrow they drop down some so they can take a long jump and the arrow went right over him. Been out a few times this year but didn't see anything but did hear something heavy walking in the bushes just out of site right after sun set.
She looks like good eating anyway. Here is a link from NH fish and game. At the end it talks about aging the meat. I found that interesting I wouldn't have wanted to do that if the temps were over 42 deg for long.
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/natres/06503.pdf

Be sure to check yourself for ticks when you get out of the woods. Especially when skinning the deer.

Doe.jpg

Congrats.

Doe.jpg

I need help on my back yard too.[smile]

Had another big one come in yesterday morning and evening.

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

Neck looks pretty swollen

scan0006.jpg

Body shot

scan0009.jpg

Hopefully these girls will keep him around

scan0011.jpg

Last edited:
Shot this button Thursday at dusk. 27 yards, from the ground.
Arrow busted both front shoulder blades, top of ribs and through the spine.
He dropped in his tracks, shortest bow tracking ever.
He's going to be a tasty one!!!!!

232323232%7Ffp432%3C3%3Enu%3D3254%3E63%3A%3E388%3EWSNRCG%3D326495%3B235328nu0mrj

Good looking deer. No shortage of mast this year.

That buck is going to look good on your wall.

Got this guy on 11/2.
15 yard shot, gotta love those rage broadheads, he only went about 60 yards.[grin]

011.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice rack right there..... (If I only had a dollar every time I said that). Congrats 69 that's one hell of a trophy right there.

Back
Top Bottom