• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Yellow Flag” ERPO’s - They’re a-Coming...

Isn't here some epidemic of old people going on shooting sprees that I'm unaware of?

Typical......any reason they can find to confiscate. The red flag laws in a handful of states was just the beginning everyone.
The case of that uncle in Vermont should be the red flag on Red Flag.

Sorry to derail, but because of the OPs icon, I thought jackbooted thugs were kicking down doors of people fly yellow Gadsden flags because of their suspected disdain for nosy, busybody neighbors in Government.

For those that dont understand what you were referring to and how powerful a statement it is....

Boundary Crossings and Violations in Clinical Settings

It should be the response that everyone provides when prodded by nosy medical professionals.....especially the pediatrics......

Thank you. Excellent reference, and while I knew of the phrase - I didn't truly appreciate it.

The presure the Council on Aging put on my FIL to go a nursing home was unbelievable. He lived in his own home by himself, but directly across the street from us. The house was by no means clean, but not unhealthy to any degree. He was for the most part able to take care of himself, and my wife more than did her part to take care of him, as well as fend off the super agrressive COA lady. WW II vet, he had to jump out of burning B24s twice over China, and that fat mean COA bitch finally got him to sign over his house to the state on the hood of his car in his driveway and had the FD take him away while we were both off at work.

My mother in law had Alzheimer's and lived with us. She was found outside in the winter with no coat which is why she came to live with us. I just made sure she never had access to any of my firearms. It was not that difficult and didn't require any govt. intervention. I don't understand how we've gotten to the point where people won't take responsibility for their own safety and well being.

For those that dont understand what you were referring to and how powerful a statement it is....
When dealing with professionals, it helps to speak their language - it lets them know you know what you are talking about. For example, drunks are "impaired operators" and requests made by the disabled are for "reasonable accommodations".

The presure the Council on Aging put on my FIL to go a nursing home was unbelievable. He lived in his own home by himself, but directly across the street from us. The house was by no means clean, but not unhealthy to any degree. He was for the most part able to take care of himself, and my wife more than did her part to take care of him, as well as fend off the super agrressive COA lady. WW II vet, he had to jump out of burning B24s twice over China, and that fat mean COA bitch finally got him to sign over his house to the state on the hood of his car in his driveway and had the FD take him away while we were both off at work.
More likely, agreed to a lien on his house for the nursing home fees (which would become automatic once he gets Medicaid). If a senior gets to the point where they can be exploited, it can make sense to have a trusted family member appointed guardian (though the tricky part is finding a family member who won't do things like have the elder put the money in a joint account - with them - to suck it all away for themselves before probabe kicks in), so the elder cannot agree to a contract. Normally, a court could void a contract signed under exploitiary (new word I invented) conditions, but there are multiple SJC decisions that demonstrate just how strong the "state needs the money" doctrine is weighed when evaluating cases.

Last edited:
This why having a Power of attorney set up is a very important thing to have in place , I'm really sorry to hear what You and Your wife had to go through I hate when I hear about an Old Vet getting bullied out of his home by scare tactics that these pos COA people use.

This why having a Power of attorney set up is a very important thing to have in place , I'm really sorry to hear what You and Your wife had to go through I hate when I hear about an Old Vet getting bullied out of his home by scare tactics that these pos COA people use.
POA is not sufficient for this. A durable POA allows the designated person to sign a document and enter into financial obligations on the part of the grantor but does not prohibit the grantor from entering into contracts on his/her own. For that you need a guardianship.

POA is not sufficient for this. A durable POA allows the designated person to sign a document and enter into financial obligations on the part of the grantor but does not prohibit the grantor from entering into contracts on his/her own. For that you need a guardianship.
Maybe that's what my Dad's lawyer had put in place but it was referred as a POA I was also the executor of the will and health care proxy's for both parents. All I'm saying is I'm sure glad all the ducks were in a row.

I'm not a very smart man, in fact my folks had to buy me good SAT scores long before it became fashionable, but from what I understand if you wish to protect your estate from this it has to have been placed in some kind of trust at least 7 years before hand. I also kind of ponder a little bit about the integrity of doing that.

We have the "Red Flag" laws, After this so called "Yellow Flag" gets set into place, some time goes by and hey, We need a "Green Flag" law, every thing is fine, your an outstanding law abiding individual, but we need to take your guns, well , you know, because they are guns.

What are they going to do when they run out of colors of the rainbow?

Bob

I know for a fact it is not as easy as just taking the keys. The elder can call the PD and report stolen keys and PD will order them returned (I've seen it happen).

Detective harassed me for weeks over some "lost" license plates. "I have no idea where they are. Must have fallen off" Detective was NOT concerned about safety. PO'd because only PD can remove plates and he was convinced I had something to do with the missing plates. "Yea, bolts must have been rusty"

Dr and nurse at his orders killed my stepfather in 2003. He had had shoulder surgery on the 2nd day after I get the call from a nurse while mom was visiting him that I needed to come down that someone had happened and I needed to be there. I get there 20 mins later he's gone, he's tubed up floor full of debris from the save effort. Mom's a wreck in the hall. 3 nurses who didn't know I was with the family were talking in the room while looking at the chart 1 is freaked out saying why did u give that when he had this an hour before they cant be given together and he had an allergy noted here too God were all scrrwed. The other nurse is like I didn't know the Dr ordered it I didn't have the chart and just did it. My mom was so distraught she refused the autopsy option while I was pleading with her for it and the lab report but she wouldnt agree she didn't want him mutilated. The best part is that was the last patient the Dr saw. He closed up his practice fired his staff and left his reason given was he decided to retire with no notice said he was going to Florida. Mom and I have talked about it since she claims she has no memory other than seeing him in the hospital bed for that day.

I hate to say it but sue the ever loving f*** out of them. It's the only way they pay. Killing someone in a minor shoulder surgery is embarrassing

With deaths due to medical malpractice in this country hovering around 250k every year according to johns hopkins study

And the MD's are the controllers of the red flag by a simple nod of the head. 35K gun deaths, major majority by gangs and suicide, cut to the chase, the MD's are more than 100 to one more responsible.

With deaths due to medical malpractice in this country hovering around 250k every year according to johns hopkins study recently its a wonder that the leftists havent targeted them for regulation in a manner similar to the nutty shit they've tried to impose on gun control, seat belts, helmets and anything under the sun you can imagine they want to regulate/tax

I was just going to post the 250K doctor/hospital death number, That number has been around for a while. I bet it's even higher now.
that's deaths, what about just plain screwups and people who just get messed up for life, that's got to be like 10x. so like 1% of the population gets either dies or gets messed up every year from the doctors or hospital.

Sorry to derail, but because of the OPs icon, I thought jackbooted thugs were kicking down doors of people fly yellow Gadsden flags because of their suspected disdain for nosy, busybody neighbors in Government.
You've simply gotten ahead of yourself. Give .gov time to catch up with your assumption.

Thanks for the heads-up. They come to my parents' door to pull a similar stunt, I will make sure they leave in a body bag with several parts blown off. Time to push back!

Back
Top Bottom