• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Suspicious Death” In Downtown MHT (with shots fired)

MaverickNH

NES Member

“According to the Manchester Police Department call log, officers responded to the Goat Bar and Grill around 12:45 a.m. Saturday morning. The log listed the call as a murder.

Witnesses told WMUR they had heard gunshots in the area around that time. Multiple police units could be seen in the immediate area, as well as what appeared to be evidence markers.

Old Granite Street was shut down during the investigation. No information on any possible suspect or suspects was immediately released.”

Old Granite is still cordoned off. Local bar staff are saying "shooter and victim had a beef at The Goat, got kicked out, and proceeded down Old Granite towards Elm; victim was shot in front of SOHO".

IOW, doing stupid things in stupid places with stupid people at stupid hours of the night

Old Granite is still cordoned off. Local bar staff are saying "shooter and victim had a beef at The Goat, got kicked out, and proceeded down Old Granite towards Elm; victim was shot in front of SOHO".

IOW, doing stupid things in stupid places with stupid people at stupid hours of the night
Sounds just like this could apply to any big city in Massivetwoshitts

We can all guess how the Mayor (Healey's good friend) is going to spin this.

I'm more surprised that something in NH is open past 9PM.

There used to be a bar in Newbury where you'd get there around 11:30 'cuz everyone you wanted to see would be there by then. You would hit a few other places first before going there. That was over 30 years ago though. Now as you say it 9PM unless you're in a city or at a private/fraternal club.

Came here to find what MHT is, and now I'm here trying to figure out how you get Manchester from MHT..

Ok, never heard of using an airport code as an abbreviation for a city when discussing something other than the actual airport. lol
Because saying MHT = mental abbreviation for Manchester NH vs Manchester by the sea, a frequent confusion around here, lol.

Because saying MHT = mental abbreviation for Manchester NH vs Manchester by the sea, a frequent confusion around here, lol.

Makes more sense to use MNH then lol

If I was to say I used to live in SFO, any sane person would think I was a vagrant that lived at the San Francisco Intl airport lol

Like boiled dinners and the fascination with "Dunkies" as the epitome of coffee and donuts, this is just another one of those New England things I will never understand that only makes sense to people from NE :)

Last edited:
Nothing good ever happens after 10 at night.

"How to tell people you live in new england without actually telling people you live there.... "

The "nothing is open at night" culture in this region is f***ing retarded.

I remember once I was working in an office building in Woburn. There was a pizza joint next door. It closed at 6pm every night. I was like "what the actual f***?" [rofl]

If I was to say I used to live in SFO, any same person would think I was a vagrant that lived at San Francisco Intl airport lol

Like boiled dinners and the fascination with "Dunkies" as the epitome of coffee and donuts, this is just another one of those New England things I will never understand that only makes sense to people from NE :)

My in-laws are all from RI. They routinely refer to Providence as "PVD," which is funny since the actual PVD airport is nowhere near Providence (in Rhode Island terms, anyway).

If I was to say I used to live in SFO, any same person would think I was a vagrant that lived at San Francisco Intl airport lol

I agree its weird because its not consistent.... especially from your point of view because San Francisco Airport isn't really even anywhere near San Francisco LOL....

Also btw nobody actually likes dunks they just pretend to. It's nostalgia back from when it used to be much better. That and basically everyone is a caffeine addict in this region because you have to use it to stay awake because it sucks so much here.

Don't mind me I'm bitter because I just hit a pothole in the parking lot of my bank.... In the parking lot. Wtf. What a f****** shithole..... 🤣

My in-laws are all from RI. They routinely refer to Providence as "PVD," which is funny since the actual PVD airport is nowhere near Providence (in Rhode Island terms, anyway).
I think that meme started with the Nantucket types with their ACK stickers. First time I saw those, it reminded me of this ......

"Fly? You don't fly, you've never flown you liberal shit.... ." 🤣

(Especially not in new england where you meet a terrifying amount of people who have never left the region in their entire life some barely even leaving the state of Massachusetts)

ManNew vs ManSea? Sort of a British sounding abbreviation to me at least

"How to tell people you live in new england without actually telling people you live there.... "

The "nothing is open at night" culture in this region is f***ing retarded.

I remember once I was working in an office building in Woburn. There was a pizza joint next door. It closed at 6pm every night. I was like "what the actual f***?" [rofl]
There's a pizza shop in Derry at the bottom of the hill from a gigantic high school thats the size of a college campus. IIRC, it didnt open until 4pm. I was always like WTF? God knows how many kids could be eating lunch there every day or getting a slice after school but instead they dont open until theyre all home.

"Twenty minutes" is the acceptable travel distance for any of my inlaws.
I was like that when i was younger. We were in Chelsea and one of our buddies moved to Danvers. We used to get into screaming matches over who was going to pick him up and drop him off. He was always like "its f*cking 20 minutes!" and we were like "yeah I know". To us, it was way up north.

I was like that when i was younger. We were in Chelsea and one of our buddies moved to Danvers. We used to get into screaming matches over who was going to pick him up and drop him off. He was always like "its f*cking 20 minutes!" and we were like "yeah I know". To us, it was way up north.

I grew up out West. It took us about 45 minutes to get to church every Sunday, and a six-hour road trip was thought of as "short."

Came here to find what MHT is, and now I'm here trying to figure out how you get Manchester from MHT..

Ok, never heard of using an airport code as an abbreviation for a city when discussing something other than the actual airport. lol
I just went with Ma**h*** Hillbilly Town,
Seemed to fit well

Back
Top Bottom