• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Open-Carry Walk” gets mixed reaction at Ohio State

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
“Open-Carry Walk” stirs dialogue, promotes conversation around guns on campus
On Friday afternoon, a small crowd of activists assembled in the parking lot of Ohio Stadium. Clad in black and camouflage, all with pistols or AR-15s at their hips and one waving a large Pan-African flag, the small group walked to the Oval where they stood and engaged with passersby in a dialogue about gun regulation in America.

The group of about 10 people, which was not operating under a certain name and did not belong to a specific organization, was gathered by Kendall Arroyo, a veteran Air Force response force leader and open-carry firearm activist.
Skyler Jackim, a sophomore in anthropology and native to Chicago, arrived at the Ohio Stadium parking lot with a sign that read, “My right to life, liberty and happiness beats your right to bear arms.”

Skyler Jackim, a sophomore in anthropology and native to Chicago, arrived at the Ohio Stadium parking lot with a sign that read, “My right to life, liberty and happiness beats your right to bear arms.”
Typical snowflake hypocrite.

Women’s Sabre Team Wins Bronze at JV Dual Meet
The Libertyville-Vernon Hills women’s sabre team wins a bronze medal at JV Dual Meet at Homewood-Flossmore High School on December 20, 2014. Congratulations girls!

JV Dual Meet WS Bronze Pictured from left to right are Skyler Jackim (Asst. Coach) ...

I know someone who was pulled over for speeding at 0-dark-30 on I-84 in Sturbridge,
and got jacked up for possession of a concealed weapon when she stupidly let the trooper
search the trunk of her car and he found a 6' ceremonial sword.

"Concealed weapon" of a 6' ceremonial sword, and she's less than 5' tall.

Skyler deserves to get protected and served the same way by Ohio troopers
on the way home from a fencing meet.

P. S. Goooo Thundercats!

Last edited:
Skyler Jackim should throw that sign at the next person who tries to take his life or that of a friend or family member next time he takes a stroll through a bad neighborhood in his beloved Chicago....just to see how that works out for him.

Skylar Jakim just isn’t smart enough to know that his right to life, liberty and happiness was paid for by men better than him with rifles, and will only be protected by men better than him, with rifles.

“Open-Carry Walk” gets mixed reaction at Ohio State
kkk5kbnfozqy.jpg

Sorry, I thought the title of this thread said "Open-Container"...

Yep. Or, a very young Jerry Seinfeld...

Betcha he opened that that can with a Church Key... [rofl2]

Skyler Jackim should throw that sign at the next person who tries to take his life ...
Skylar Jakim just isn’t smart enough to know that his right to life, liberty and happiness was paid for by men better than him with rifles, ...

Sure, but I don't think youse guys clicked on the link to that sabre team article.
JV-Dual-Meet-WS-Bronze.jpg

The one on the left.

Quote- “Another point that Arroyo and his group were trying to make is that second-amendment protections applies to Americans of all races. Everyone who carried a firearm during today’s open-carry walk was black.”

That is refreshing. I can guarantee you the response against a group of white folks with guns would have been bigger and louder. Seeing black people, sporting the Pan-African flag, open carrying on a college campus probably fried some brains.

Kudos to them.
We need all the help we can get.

i really don't think an open carry demonstration of this type does anyone any good. especially doing it in camo clothing. that just drives home the anti gun movements stereotypical image of gun owners in general. i don't have an answer but i don't think this is the right way. the gun issue is such a hot topic right now, shock tactics aren't the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom