“No Civilian Needs AR-15s”

You see the Russian military, Ukrainian military and Ukrainian civilians using AK pattern rifles. Just plain ol' leaf irons on 'em. Why do Americans need fancy red dots, prism sights, lasers and IR designators? Why do our boys need the fancy toys when others can just go to war with meat and potatoes?
1645914487088.png

"Why do our boys need the fancy toys..."

They don't. They just think they do.

You see the Russian military, Ukrainian military and Ukrainian civilians using AK pattern rifles. Just plain ol' leaf irons on 'em. Why do Americans need fancy red dots, prism sights, lasers and IR designators? Why do our boys need the fancy toys when others can just go to war with meat and potatoes?
meat and potatoes can range from burger and fries to filet and loaded baked, use what you like.

'Cuz 'Murica.

If you have the tech, use it. It may give you an advantage. That said, know how to function without the tech, for when it breaks.

Almost everyone has an automatic transmission in their car. MsHappy, and both my kids do. We all can drive standard. Same principle.

Last edited:
Isn’t that the plan?

except that, barring the deaths of our kids, Americans in general could not care less about some slavic squabble. I, for one, am more concerned with inflation, our southern border, police overreach, oppressive governing, election fraud, and surrendering our energy independence that what happens in europe.

Yeah, Putin is a POS, but our own .gov (and recently Canada's .gov) is a bigger POS. I'm more worried about events in our hemisphere.

except that, barring the deaths of our kids, Americans in general could not care less about some slavic squabble. I, for one, am more concerned with inflation, our southern border, police overreach, oppressive governing, election fraud, and surrendering our energy independence that what happens in europe.

Yeah, Putin is a POS, but our own .gov (and recently Canada's .gov) is a bigger POS. I'm more worried about events in our hemisphere.
I’m a quarter Ukrainian and I agree 100%. Im far more concerned about our issues at home than our issues abroad. We’re one of the most oil rich nations in the world and we’re buying oil from our enemies. How is buying oil from Russia standing up to Putin? In April of 2020, oil per barrel was in the low $20s. Now it’s well over $100. Russia’s economy is wholly dependent on oil and gas exports. I’m also more concerned about the 2m people invading from the south in the last 12 months.

1645916145420-png.582752
1822448ae7a50976b4b51c08820f4fdd.png

Because we feed them soy.

Unfortunately, most Americans care about exactly what they’re told to care about.

what do you do with your fancy red dots when the battery dies, and CVS was hit by a missile last night?

Because you can't award your pal a contract worth $77,168,400 to sell iron sights to the military.

Because we can.

what do you do with your fancy red dots when the battery dies, and CVS was hit by a missile last night?

I get the spare out of my gun bag.
If that one dies, I go to the "battery box" in the back of the truck.
If my truck was stolen or buried in snow, I'd go to the battery drawer in the garage.

I'm serious. I have at least a dozen of each type of battery that I use.

But that is how the democrats have always played.

They spread propaganda how one gun is more evil than another to get public opinion swayed and ultimately ban that gun.

They can’t win with a total gun ban so they divide into categories, implement evil features protocols that are meaningless, but that put laws in banning those features to screw legal gun owners.

It’s a divide and conquer technique. They use baby steps to move their agenda and rinos buy it so they vote for it like with the bump stock ban.

If pro gun groups were smarter they would use this event to show why civilians shouldn’t be restricted in the types of firearms or features that they should be allowed to own.

The government should have no say in gun ownership. 2A says they shouldn’t and every American should stand up to any and all imposed tyranny and oppression.
Make sure you tell all the Antis that you know, or encounter, about this.

I get the spare out of my gun bag.
If that one dies, I go to the "battery box" in the back of the truck.
If my truck was stolen or buried in snow, I'd go to the battery drawer in the garage.

I'm serious. I have at least a dozen of each type of battery that I use.
its 3 am, they are shootsings at you, and your truck is on fire.....

If you have no backup plan for the rifle you are using, its the wrong rifle.
If you have iron sites underneath that red dot, at least you can rip off the red dot

It’s foolish to not use a RDS based solely on the premise the batt will eventually die, if I’m understanding that conversation clearly.

That said it’s also foolish to mount a RDS on a rifle and not also mount and zero BUIS unless you want to just toss a rifle because a sight went down.

I see a lot of people posting pics (not specifically here but yes here too) who count on only using a Dot or glass and have no irons at all on an AR platform. That doesn’t compute in my head.

Some people say well it’s only a range toy. I don’t buy range toys, I buy weapons, set up to do what they do best and still have fun with them at the range while keeping quality and standards where they need to be. Which I may add, to some dismay, lol, includes cleaning and changing out batts so they’re ready to grab and go in a minutes notice. Sound familiar?

If those things are squared away, it allows you to concentrate on more important things at the moment, like rounding up family or loading vehicles or whatever needs to be done to beat feet. It’s one less thing to be concerned about in a chaotic rush while trying to remember your plan, keep it on track, and keep everyone else working so they don’t overthink it all. Most people will be in complete panic, a clusterf**k of epic proportions, don’t be most people.

Back
Top Bottom