1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

“FOLKS, LOCK YOUR DOORS, LOAD YOUR GUNS AND GET YOU A BARKING, BITING DOG."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radtekk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

It would be funny as hell if the crime rate went down.

dingbat likes this.
  2. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

As an aside, Vermont is particularly annoying when it comes to revenue collection agents... Oh, wait, I meant cops. They, like NH and Maine, have town cops, staties, and county sheriffs who patrol the roads. Not to mention unmarked cars. VT staties also have a very low pull-over threshold for speeding, so it's like Virginia where everyone does exactly the speed limit or perhaps five over. Which is quite irksome on the long, green highways of those states.

Quite a lot of people don't lock their doors. Car or home. Country, suburb, or urban (though I suspect urban has the highest percentages of people who do lock their doors). In every college student apartment building I've been in for multiple, rent-paying tenants, there's no door locks between bedrooms. So once someone, including a roommate, decides to get into the apartment and steal, there's no protection at all. One of my gun-owning and hunting friends leaves his outside door open and the apartment has no locks inside, so I literally walk in the apartment and go straight into their bedrooms when I arrive without any locks. This is in a suburban town.

AHM likes this.
  3. AHM

AHM NES Member

[​IMG]

4. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

Martin County is on the border of West Virginia......its rural, mountainous, and very sparsely populated. If its anything like most other counties in Kentucky, everyone is armed anyway.
    People will do fine.

5. RHJJ

RHJJ

When seconds count cops are only a budget away. If your doors can be kicked in easy, you will be a victim.