• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“FOLKS, LOCK YOUR DOORS, LOAD YOUR GUNS AND GET YOU A BARKING, BITING DOG."

I know he is saying that to inform the good law abiding citizens of his town, but really, who doesn't lock their doors and who doesn't load their guns if they own guns? O.K. a nice decent GSD is always a wise idea, but not for everyone.

All sarcasm aside, what a shame that people can't even count on a basic service. Where the hell did all the money go? Follow the money trail....

Jay

You’d be surprised. I know a lot of people that still don’t lock their doors, even when they leave for the day, doors are unlocked all day long. Stupid.

And quite a few people I’m sure who got a gun for home defense but are afraid to actually load it or train with it and it sits in a shoebox on the top shelf unloaded until the bad guy’s inside the house already.

Most of these people in the country probably don't lock their doors. As most said, a door lock is a joke. In Kentucky, I'm sure guns are loaded and kept handy. Unlike Massachusetts, where laws make it hard to do that.

This is rural Kentucky we are talking about.....not MA....they don't pay taxes like we do. MA wastes more then they would ever spend. They do not view police as "needed" like the scared beta sheep around here are.

When I was down there earlier last year, I think I saw 1 sheriff the whole time, I drove a decent amount as well and was there for almost a week. Most people here run across 3-4 cops on a ride to and from work in a day......I can't believe anyone would call Police around here a "basic service". Its a fxcking overblown, detail paying, tax sucking nightmare is what it is. I can't blame it all on MA...its a Northeast thing. Cops everywhere. God, my last trip to VT up 91 there was a trooper every 20 miles.....WTF.

When I go down south, I rarely see a cop.....I usually drive down to SC about once a year, once I'm out of PA...the cop sightings decrease dramatically and continue to drop on the way down to almost nothing.

As an aside, Vermont is particularly annoying when it comes to revenue collection agents... Oh, wait, I meant cops. They, like NH and Maine, have town cops, staties, and county sheriffs who patrol the roads. Not to mention unmarked cars. VT staties also have a very low pull-over threshold for speeding, so it's like Virginia where everyone does exactly the speed limit or perhaps five over. Which is quite irksome on the long, green highways of those states.

Quite a lot of people don't lock their doors. Car or home. Country, suburb, or urban (though I suspect urban has the highest percentages of people who do lock their doors). In every college student apartment building I've been in for multiple, rent-paying tenants, there's no door locks between bedrooms. So once someone, including a roommate, decides to get into the apartment and steal, there's no protection at all. One of my gun-owning and hunting friends leaves his outside door open and the apartment has no locks inside, so I literally walk in the apartment and go straight into their bedrooms when I arrive without any locks. This is in a suburban town.

In every college student apartment building I've been in for multiple, rent-paying tenants, there's no door locks between bedrooms. So once someone, including a roommate, decides to get into the apartment and steal, there's no protection at all.
0-2.jpg

I know he is saying that to inform the good law abiding citizens of his town, but really, who doesn't lock their doors and who doesn't load their guns if they own guns? O.K. a nice decent GSD is always a wise idea, but not for everyone.

All sarcasm aside, what a shame that people can't even count on a basic service. Where the hell did all the money go? Follow the money trail....

Jay

Martin County is on the border of West Virginia......its rural, mountainous, and very sparsely populated. If its anything like most other counties in Kentucky, everyone is armed anyway.
People will do fine.

Back
Top Bottom