• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Day of Resistance” Rally Coming

We are in a cold war...

I think the more meets/rally's the better - I don't think we would get the numbers at any one single event, especially being in MA....

- different places easier for some people & can be the decision to go if close
- different times is great cuz if you got the time go, if not go to the other one
- more media attention, we got to keep pushing cuz they aren't listening
- we have to keep going as they put it 'forward'
- persistence is a must, they have Not backed down at all & in fact are moving it!

We also have to be peaceful, they are just waiting to make their point by persecuting the 1st LTC / FID holder that loses it....

just my .02

Never Give Up!

Peace & God Speed

Semper Fi

there should be rallies/meetings at a different local club each week, on the day that skeet/trap is open to the public

or something similar where uneducated can get educated

We are in a cold war...

I think the more meets/rally's the better - I don't think we would get the numbers at any one single event, especially being in MA....

- different places easier for some people & can be the decision to go if close
- different times is great cuz if you got the time go, if not go to the other one
- more media attention, we got to keep pushing cuz they aren't listening
- we have to keep going as they put it 'forward'
- persistence is a must, they have Not backed down at all & in fact are moving it!

We also have to be peaceful, they are just waiting to make their point by persecuting the 1st LTC / FID holder that loses it....

just my .02

Never Give Up!

Peace & God Speed

Semper Fi

While I agree with your sentiment, the deal is this: If we stood on Beacon Hill in tux-n-tails handing out cookies and free bunnies to everyone who passed by, we'd still be vilified by the media - hands down... If things are 'all quiet on the eastern front' and we want to remind our moonbat representation from time to time that we are here - then so be it. However, doing so on a weekend in the frozen friggin tundra does little but stroke our own thigh... If the MA legislature and their lead circus clown decide to go all New York on us, they need to be aware that the cookie baking and bunny handing out will be over.... if not, than we are just an empty set...

Are you trying to say that gun owners are the new black people?

In my house, gun owners are black people, except for me. Sometimes when I come home early, they're having those meetings. I over hear stuff like " Power to Huey, death to Whitey, oh not you dear, my you're home early " [laugh] .

There's no victory to be had on the "intellectual front". Nor is there any electoral solution. These people are going to vote away our freedom. It's time to get serious, while we still have the arms to be serious with. What will the media do? Call us names? What will the anti-gun politicians do? Urge more "common sense gun regulation"? Who gives a damn about "moderates"? There are are only two sides to a fence. They can pick one, or STFU.

I think you're wrong on the intellectual front thing. At least among the "common people" if you want to call them that. I have run into numerous people who just soak up all the stats and historical examples and so forth that are out there in defense of gun control. It's because they haven't heard much of it before. I posted this on another thread - but I have been having an email conversation with a co-worker - who leans liberal - but isn't rabid about it. He made a statement that he thought the assault weapon bill was probably a good thing. So I started throwing all the stats at him - all the historical examples - and when he said that he didn't think that any of this would lead to confiscation (after I brought up the gun control -> genocide connection) - I brought up Diane Feinsteins statement that if she had the votes - she would have forced gun owners to hand them in.

"HOLY CRAP!" - was what I got back in email.

So I disagree on the intellectual thing. You are NOT going to win the intellectual arguments at the higher levels. But that is not where we should be fighting this out anyway - we should be doing guerilla political warfare with our friends, neighbors and coworkers. That's what grassroots political campaigns do - and that is where the strength is anyway. As soon as enough people start disbelieving the polticians - they can bring up all the intellectual bullshit they want - and nobody will listen to them.

IMHO - "moderates" are just not fully informed.

None of this may stop the polticians from voting away our freedoms - but if enough people basically tell the polticians - go ahead - I'm simply NOT going to comply - you will have another one of those " Justice Marshall has made his ruling - now let him enforce it " type of situations.

I haven't met ten people who don't have their minds made up one way or the other.

ETA: I doesn't matter if we're in the minority. It's time to be a vocal minority. Basic freedoms can not, must not be allowed to, be voted away. Get in their face and defend our constitutional guarantees.

Last edited:
Yup calsdad, I've had similar scenarios. The people on the fence about gun control are usually confused with all the bullshit the media/a**h*** politicians are filling their brain with!

Just out from GOAL

GOAL Rally! Massachusetts Sunday Feb 17 2013

Click here to download a printable flyer for this event.

Holiday Inn Boxborough, MA :

Pass it on! [laugh2]

Peace & God Speed

Semper Fi

Boxborough? Utter waste of time.

When are we rallying in Boston on the State House steps, on a legislative day?

Holliday Inn in Boxborough is a great place for a **, not a pro-gun rally.

What's an "Organizational Rally"? This sounds more like a planning/coordination event than a protest of any kind.

I don't want to come off as slamming GOAL - any gathering is a good gathering but, Holiday Inn?
What's wrong with Beacon Hill?

ETA: I guess the pic on the flyer threw me. It does appear to be a different kind of event. My bad.

I was under the assumption that this is what it is

I have it on good authority, well the authority, that this is exactly what this is. This rally that GOAL is hosting is not a RAH RAH get on the bullhorn and tell your story, but rather how to start organizing everyone and getting our shit together.

Folks lets face it, gun owners are the worst organized group of "activists" out there. Everyone is running around trying to start all these little who rahs to get everyone going. The action is great, I encourage the shit out of it, but it's misplaced. What we need to do is start taking to the streets and convincing the fence walkers that gun ownership is good. We need to start educating every single person we can find, about guns. Rallies are intended to get people pumped up to go off and take their own action. You can't just keep going to these and going home feeling like you did something. VIGILANCE, you must stay active.

CALL your reps, demand a meeting to sit with them and talk about why you think voting for the 2nd amendment is so important
WRITE PHYSICAL letters. Emails are deleted with the click of a mouse. They cannot ignore a pile of mail.
Educate,educate, educate. There are a vast majority of people who are either not in the know, or are just on the fence. We need their support. GOAL and Its Time are working very hard to figure out how to unify and attack this on all fronts, However planning rally after rally is no good unless you are doings something in between.

Makes sense. I also think that we should start, if we can, covering these rallies "news style" either with live coverage, or with filmed and edited coverage. Have interviews with various people discussing topics associated with gun ownership and why the legislation is bad.

I'll be the newsman if you want.

If the media won't cover us, let's become the media.

I haven't met ten people who don't have their minds made up one way or the other.

ETA: I doesn't matter if we're in the minority. It's time to be a vocal minority. Basic freedoms can not, must not be allowed to, be voted away. Get in their face and defend our constitutional guarantees.

I've met a lot of people who appear to have their minds made up when you first meet them. What typically happens is that you get into an argument with them - if you are good and you know your facts and know how to attack them - they will often go away pissed. I think there is a difference however in questioning somebody's beliefs and just plain attacking somebody with the intent on just pissing them off. I think some people - no matter how much they seem like they are set in their beliefs - are open to alternative viewpoints if you present it correctly. Other people - are not. Those are the people - once I figure out they're like that - that I only stay engaged with because I WANT TO piss them off. The way I look at it - these people are injecting a bunch of misery into my life thru their stupidity and their attempts to take away my rights. If I happen across one and get into an argument with them - it's a God given opportunity to inject some misery right back into their lives and I'm not going to miss the chance. If they walk away swearing and pissing and moaning - I know I succeeded and it makes me happy and I get one of those Mr Burns evil smiles on my face.

If there is an audience - then so much the better. I've actually had people thank me for giving somebody a verbal beatdown because the person with the stupid position was just so off base - and nobody else was calling him (or her) - to task on it.

What's an "Organizational Rally"? This sounds more like a planning/coordination event than a protest of any kind.

This.

The intention of the Organizational Rally is to get people registered to vote, informed, and hopefully to join GOAL.

Also mentioned in the flyer is the "2A Lobby Day" which will take place during the work week INSIDE the State House and will involve face to face meetings with legislators by individual citizens. Details on that are being finalized now.

Last edited:
Nothing listed, yet, for MA, VT, NH, or ME... I'd be interested, if it's within range. I could be in the middle of a move come that time (going after a job in Maine) but I'm still interested.

There's no mention of open carry in the article (or instructions page). So, I don't think that's on the agenda. Having a peaceful showing, along with educating people, I believe, is the primary goal.

There is a Pro 2A standout in Worcester 2-23 1:00 - 3:00 PM. I started a thread at http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ester-ma-pro-2a-standout-saturday-2-23-a.html

Hope you all can make it. Pass along the info please.

Back
Top Bottom