• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Day of Resistance” Rally Coming

This should be interesting.

Minute Men News » Day of Resistance Rally .2/23 or Feb 23: How You Can Participate

Plans are coming together for a “Day of Resistance” across the nation. February 23,2013 the American people will stand together in support of their 2nd Amendment right, the right that protects ALL of their other rights, says the Minute Men News.

734284_477670722269467_1932365967_n.jpg

Nothing listed, yet, for MA, VT, NH, or ME... I'd be interested, if it's within range. I could be in the middle of a move come that time (going after a job in Maine) but I'm still interested.

There's no mention of open carry in the article (or instructions page). So, I don't think that's on the agenda. Having a peaceful showing, along with educating people, I believe, is the primary goal.

you can have my big gulp when you pry it from my cold dead hands....

Im not trying to be an ass here, I love the second amendment and am as pro 2A as it gets, I realize shunning OC isnt popular with some, but please keep in mind, we're at war here and the biggest weapon THEY have is media and bad public relations.

We need to win this on an intellectual front - displays of weapons are a turn off for moderates and those on the fence about the issue. All Im saying is an overly aggressive display does a lot more harm than good.

They were considering Big Gulp Cups but those were banned.

you can have my big gulp when you pry it from my cold dead hands....

Lol glad you caught the funny...that was an attempt at funny :)

displays of weapons are a turn off for moderates and those on the fence about the issue.

But? I say its our turn...now that THEY had theirs. But as you state be smart about it.

ap_dianne_feinstein_ll_130124_wmain.jpg

Last edited:
People wielding guns in the promotional materials. Yeah, he media can't spin that the wrong way at all.

If you haven't noticed media either spins it the wrong way any way or completely ignores it. We need to stop bring afraid of the media and do what's legal and right. We have already lost the media, but if people sees the rallies and engages the participants maybe the will learn something.

In the 1960s, there was this group who patrolled their neighborhoods and protests carrying pump shotguns and rifles. This panicked the shit out of people and OC was heavily restricted.

- The group was the Black Panthers - again, they brandished their arms LEGALLY to prevent police brutality and it served to bolster their media presence

- AH, but what a dual sided coin, a man many on this board revere as a hero, Governor at the time, Ronald Reagan (R CA) banned the practice.

I dont know. History doesnt appear to be on our side with OC.

If you haven't noticed media either spins it the wrong way any way or completely ignores it. We need to stop bring afraid of the media and do what's legal and right. We have already lost the media, but if people sees the rallies and engages the participants maybe the will learn something.

Not to be a crybaby, but who is organizing these things? If the idea is a massive show of force, you can't keep planning rallies right on top of one another, because people can't go to all of them, even if they want to.

I know that this is exactly why ItsTime2A was formed.

We need to get a nice name like 100 Million Caring Americans or something. Then I can write my reps and say, "I was rallying with 100 Million Caring Americans(c) on Saturday, and we all think your new law sucks."

Anyway, my brain hurts now. But I'll be there if this takes off. Sorry to vent, I'm just concerned that if we have lots of really small rallies, no one will care, and people will lose energy.

ETA: If GOAL/It'sTime is running something, I'm in.

In the 1960s, there was this group who patrolled their neighborhoods and protests carrying pump shotguns and rifles. This panicked the shit out of people and OC was heavily restricted.

- The group was the Black Panthers - again, they brandished their arms LEGALLY to prevent police brutality and it served to bolster their media presence

- AH, but what a dual sided coin, a man many on this board revere as a hero, Governor at the time, Ronald Reagan (R CA) banned the practice.

I dont know. History doesnt appear to be on our side with OC.

Are you trying to say that gun owners are the new black people?

Not to be a crybaby, but who is organizing these things? If the idea is a massive show of force, you can't keep planning rallies right on top of one another, because people can't go to all of them, even if they want to.

I know that this is exactly why ItsTime2A was formed.

We need to get a nice name like 100 Million Caring Americans or something. Then I can write my reps and say, "I was rallying with 100 Million Caring Americans(c) on Saturday, and we all think your new law sucks."

Anyway, my brain hurts now. But I'll be there if this takes off. Sorry to vent, I'm just concerned that if we have lots of really small rallies, no one will care, and people will lose energy.

ETA: If GOAL/It'sTime is running something, I'm in.

Good point. There are so many disparate things going on right now my head is starting to hurt. Oath Keepers, It's time 2a, rally at the state house , rally at some town out in western MA nobody has ever heard of before , rally at the Holiday Inn, rally on April 19th - no wait - maybe we should do it a different day.

We got a cat herd going on.

Good point. There are so many disparate things going on right now my head is starting to hurt. Oath Keepers, It's time 2a, rally at the state house , rally at some town out in western MA nobody has ever heard of before , rally at the Holiday Inn, rally on April 19th - no wait - maybe we should do it a different day.

We got a cat herd going on.

I agree with that sentiment, most of us are working or trying to get end meet and rally every day, every weekend just drains the crap out of people. It may be a good thing though, so at least people show up somewhere. The media will still downplay them or ignore them, but at least the frequency of them will keep the buzz going.

Jesus Christ..Weekend rallies...Seriously? What good do they do? Who do they reach? People standing around giving speeches to themselves or empty buildings...Rah, rah...

True!

Also: isn't brandishing a weapon a crime here?

There's no victory to be had on the "intellectual front". Nor is there any electoral solution. These people are going to vote away our freedom. It's time to get serious, while we still have the arms to be serious with. What will the media do? Call us names? What will the anti-gun politicians do? Urge more "common sense gun regulation"? Who gives a damn about "moderates"? There are are only two sides to a fence. They can pick one, or STFU.

When are we rallying in Boston on the State House steps, on a legislative day?

Holliday Inn in Boxborough is a great place for a **, not a pro-gun rally.

What's an "Organizational Rally"? This sounds more like a planning/coordination event than a protest of any kind.

I don't want to come off as slamming GOAL - any gathering is a good gathering but, Holiday Inn?
What's wrong with Beacon Hill?

ETA: I guess the pic on the flyer threw me. It does appear to be a different kind of event. My bad.

Last edited:
What's an "Organizational Rally"? This sounds more like a planning/coordination event than a protest of any kind.

I was under the assumption that this is what it is

Well good - perhaps they'll rally to organize an organized rally at a day and time when the organization to rally against is actually organized in an organized way - like in a building, namely Beacon Hill, on oh say...a Wednesday?

I was under the assumption that this is what it is

Makes sense then, as does the venue I guess. Calling it a meeting may have been a little clearer, but that may be due to the fact that we've been calling some of the protests rallies. We clearly need to work on our terminology.

Protest: angry mob with signs and bullhorn(s) standing around a place where somebody may actually notice them and hear their message. May or may not include pitchforms/torches.
Rally: a meeting of like-minded individuals who are looking to get each other fired up for something. Still a mob, but a mob that's trying to generate some enthusiasm for an event that has already been planned. May or may not involve cheerleaders and/or high school football players wearing their gameday shirts with jeans.
Meeting: an event organized for the planning and coordination of either a rally or a protest. Hopefully a protest because a rally seems like an unnecessary middle step if the cause is righteous. A brainstorming session that doesn't involve the entire mob, just those members of the mob who are likely to hold a bullhorn at some point. Not to be confused with a "meating."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom