• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“At 11:02 he went and bought a gun. Was out of the store by 11:30 and he was dead by 3 or 3:30.”

rep308

NES Member
Last edited:
MA version:

Took training class in May
Applied for LTC in June
Appointment and fingerprints being treated like a criminal in August
Received LTC in November with restrictions just cuz
Buys gun in December
Offs himself in December

Same f***ing results!! Liberalism IS a mental illness

But it makes the liberals feeeel better to trample all over people’s Constitutional and God-given rights!

So far we are also banning trains and parking garages right? Maybe we should make all buildings no more than one story, so we can have a lot of broken bones, but less deaths.

His LTC shouldn't have been issued. Killing yourself is not a lawful purpose, so he lied on his application. Sorry to the family though.

It should be revoked if he lied. But after reviewing the application, if he listed purpose as killing himself, then it should be immediately reinstated.

you think "shitty parenting" is the primary driver of suicide? Pretty f***ed up comment, even for you.

I'd go on record with that. I've watched too many "I'm too busy with my life to be a father" figures say those words that make me want to force them to eat their own teeth and a bucket of their own blood.

"We did everything we could!"

No you didn't you sack of excrement. You did the absolute minimum while sleeping under the same roof. Had you taken a SMIDGE of interest at ANY time, that child might have had a chance. Instead, you reinforced that they just didn't mean anything to anyone.

Is my theory tested and backed by data? Nope. For once on NES, I'm going on gut. I'd say a large % of suicides are people who started out with a crappy hand and didn't have the toolbox to dig themselves out of it.

Especially since the # of suicides per capita is way up from 40, 50 or 100 years ago. What drives that??? It certainly isn't a massive epidemic of mental disorders. It's the breakdown of the family. Even a s-wordy dad, when he's around, is better than these d-bags we've got in the last 30 years. As bad as my parents were (which was basically letting me sink or swim on my own at 9), we did a lot together and I had at least SOME sense of belonging at an early age.

One of the most heartbreaking moments I've ever seen was on The Sopranos. Meadow or AJ were grounded and Tony and Carmilla were pissing and moaning that it was going to cost THEM time to make sure they were punished. THEY couldn't go away for the weekend (with 2 HS level kids) because they had to "play babysitter." No question an accurate sign of the times. And absolutely heartbreaking.

His LTC shouldn't have been issued. Killing yourself is not a lawful purpose, so he lied on his application. Sorry to the family though.
Actually it isn’t against the law to commit suicide.

He might be charged with discharging a firearm within blah blah feet of an occupied dwelling.

He got all dressed up and left the house at 11, got to Roxbury by 11:30 and was dead by 11:35...

iu

didn't read yet but:
Anyone can commit suicide.
People with guns, people without guns.

Speaking from personal experience:
My brother committed suicide. I think it's shallow, short-sighted and petty to blame the gun (in this case my bro did not use a gun).
I blame myself, himself, and the failed healthcare system infinitely more than I blame the means of suicide.

Kid went to a gun store and 4 hours later shot himself ....and they think that's impulsive? They are assuming a waiting period would have prevented their son's suicide. I'll assume that he thought about this long before he walked into that store.

With all due respect to the family what good would a waiting period have done?
Was he acting suicidal at the time? Had there been some upheaval in his life (loss of a job or a loved one, ending of a relationship) that made him do this? Did he give ANY signs that he was considering taking his own life? The story seems to indicate he was happy working at the brewery and spending time with "Biggie".
This is one of my problems with the "ERPO" law in Massachusetts -- it's not only UNCONSTITUTIONAL (violates the 2nd, 4th and 14th amendments) but it doesn't do ANYTHING to prevent suicides -- no funding for suicide prevention as GOAL had proposed. And you can kill yourself with a rope, a knife, poison, pills even if they do take your guns away.

Back
Top Bottom