• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“At 11:02 he went and bought a gun. Was out of the store by 11:30 and he was dead by 3 or 3:30.”

I was watching price is right in my underpants between 11-12. I didn’t do nuffin, so leave me and my enumerated Cobstititional rights the f*** alone.

A state or city/town license isn't required to buy a handgun in VT.
Not yet, but with the current make-up of the state legislature and the back-stabbing, lying D-bag VT governor being so easily re-elected after revealing he's a total turncoat on the gun issue, I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel against it happening real soon.

At 11:02 he went and bought a gun. Was out of the store by 11:30

That right there makes this hard for me to believe. Twenty eight minutes to buy a gun? Filling out the 4473 correctly will take you at least 20 minutes if you rush it. I've never had a transaction take less than an hour from the time I walked in to the time I walked out.

Actually it isn’t against the law to commit suicide.

He might be charged with discharging a firearm within blah blah feet of an occupied dwelling.

Really? That's kind of nutty. I just figured that shooting anyone with a gun outside of self defense situations was illegal, even if that person is yourself. I mean, you'd at least get a ND charge if you didn't actually kill yourself with the shot and police showed up.

Back in the 1800 to early 1900's, it was a felony in many parts of the US. They would strip land, title, and assets from the deceased and give him/her an ignominious burial.

MA version:

Took training class in May
Applied for LTC in June
Appointment and fingerprints being treated like a criminal in August
Received LTC in November with restrictions just cuz
Buys gun in December
Offs himself in December

Same f***ing results!! Liberalism IS a mental illness

But it makes the liberals feeeel better to trample all over people’s Constitutional and God-given rights!

That timeline seems too quick. Depends on the town I suppose.

I'd go on record with that. I've watched too many "I'm too busy with my life to be a father" figures say those words that make me want to force them to eat their own teeth and a bucket of their own blood.

"We did everything we could!"

No you didn't you sack of excrement. You did the absolute minimum while sleeping under the same roof. Had you taken a SMIDGE of interest at ANY time, that child might have had a chance. Instead, you reinforced that they just didn't mean anything to anyone.

Is my theory tested and backed by data? Nope. For once on NES, I'm going on gut. I'd say a large % of suicides are people who started out with a crappy hand and didn't have the toolbox to dig themselves out of it.

Especially since the # of suicides per capita is way up from 40, 50 or 100 years ago. What drives that??? It certainly isn't a massive epidemic of mental disorders. It's the breakdown of the family. Even a s-wordy dad, when he's around, is better than these d-bags we've got in the last 30 years. As bad as my parents were (which was basically letting me sink or swim on my own at 9), we did a lot together and I had at least SOME sense of belonging at an early age.

One of the most heartbreaking moments I've ever seen was on The Sopranos. Meadow or AJ were grounded and Tony and Carmilla were pissing and moaning that it was going to cost THEM time to make sure they were punished. THEY couldn't go away for the weekend (with 2 HS level kids) because they had to "play babysitter." No question an accurate sign of the times. And absolutely heartbreaking.

I think bad parenting is probably a portion, but you've had bad parents since you've had parents. I suspect it's also anti-depressants (one of the side effects is suicidal behavior), and our society, which has substituted Facebook for meaningful relationships.

Chances are his family is doing this because some anti gun shitheads latched onto their grief, and this is the kind of maudlin bullshit that makes people "feel good" even if it's basically worthless, while ignoring the
root of the problem (mental illness) as well as the fact that sometimes, the reality is that you just can't do a damned thing about people who want to commit suicide. Everyone wants to latch onto a reason, as if they're entitled to closure or some bullshit, but guess what, sometimes there is ZERO discernible reason when people do things like that. I have people in extended family that lost people to suicide that still have no idea why the person
did it.

-Mike

Some interesting statistics.
In 2014 there were 147 homicides in MA. 328 MV deaths and 608 suicides.
Of those 608 over half were of suffocation/hanging. 24% were firearms. Suicide deaths are steadily increasing over the past ten years. Homicides over the same period are flat.
Nobody talks about the reason so many people want to kill themselves. It doesn't make good headlines

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw17aEEjO4s5v3d7rnpW9hrt

They are blaming a gun, I am blaming them. Both are equally stupid excuses for his suicide.
Pretty much what I commented on:
"We know how our son died and why"
You sure did. You must have been lousy, liberal parents teaching your son everything except good values and religious morals. "Peace, love and harmony" are useless without those. Stop infringing on my right to protect myself because YOU failed in your job. Will she be proud of it when some college co-ed is murdered in cold blood by a stalker after that young woman was told she had to wait to purchase a gun? Will she be proud when a battered woman is killed by her jealous husband, just as he told her he’d do, but she could do nothing because the waiting limit for her firearm wasn’t up yet?

We're in a war. F*** the liberals and there agenda. The gloves are off, and I'll fight back with words. And everytime some liberal pushes for more gun control because their kid died (no matter how) I'm fighting back.

That right there makes this hard for me to believe. Twenty eight minutes to buy a gun? Filling out the 4473 correctly will take you at least 20 minutes if you rush it. I've never had a transaction take less than an hour from the time I walked in to the time I walked out.
About 5 minutes if you're familiar with the form, and 30 seconds for a long gun. Still, an infringement. As for handguns in NH, too long.

I'd go on record with that. I've watched too many "I'm too busy with my life to be a father" figures say those words that make me want to force them to eat their own teeth and a bucket of their own blood.

Maybe, maybe not... we weren't there. Maybe they just simply didn't know.

Is my theory tested and backed by data? Nope. For once on NES, I'm going on gut. I'd say a large % of suicides are people who started out with a crappy hand and didn't have the toolbox to dig themselves out of it.

Especially since the # of suicides per capita is way up from 40, 50 or 100 years ago. What drives that??? It certainly isn't a massive epidemic of mental disorders.

Not sure if serious, have you been paying attention? Mental illness is a huge problem in this country. By definition to want to kill yourself for anything outside of something like chronic pain or terminal illness, or disease, is
probably some kind of serious mental disorder. What those disorders are caused by is a whole other story.

Also food for thought, 40, 50, 100 years ago a lot of mental illness/suicide deaths were covered up or written off, etc. Not to mention even 40 years ago a lot of people were less likely to be
in oxygen thief category (at least in the US).

It's the breakdown of the family. Even a s-wordy dad, when he's around, is better than these d-bags we've got in the last 30 years. As bad as my parents were (which was basically letting me sink or swim on my own at 9), we did a lot together and I had at least SOME sense of belonging at an early age.

Maybe. You can have the best parents in the world and yet, still, feel like you don't have a sense of "belonging". etc.

Maybe part of it is family but sometimes people don't have a sense of purpose, etc. Or they have depression. Or they have depression but they are ashamed of talking about it to anyone because coming out as a declared
bag of mixed nuts still has a huge implied social stigma attached to it. Maybe he never revealed his issues to his parents because he never emotionally trusted them. (it doesn't take much to destroy this in a kid and then not realize that you just did it. ) A lot of people don't emotionally trust their parents. That doesn't make those people terrible, nor does it make their parents terrible, either. It just is what it is.

IMHO A kid doesn't make it to 23 with really shitty parents and then suddenly decide to off themselves because he suddenly decided that his upbringing sucked. That might make more sense if this kid was like 13 or something...

One of the most heartbreaking moments I've ever seen was on The Sopranos. Meadow or AJ were grounded and Tony and Carmilla were pissing and moaning that it was going to cost THEM time to make sure they were punished. THEY couldn't go away for the weekend (with 2 HS level kids) because they had to "play babysitter." No question an accurate sign of the times. And absolutely heartbreaking.

I don't blame them for being pissed, lol. Being annoyed about your kid being momentarily defective and still being/acting as a responsible parent are not necessarily mutually exclusive things. Somewhere there is a woman holding an infant out there thats puking all over the place or whatever and she's secretly pissed because its ruining her weekend because she can't just dump her adorable pukemachine off on a sitter. She won't take it out on her kid obviously , and she obviously cares about her kid, but that doesn't mean it doesn't annoy her that it's happening. That's human nature.

The kid was 23, his roms are long burned in by then, if he's been carrying this around with him there is likely no way in hell his parents knew, etc. Or maybe there was and he shut himself off to them a long
time ago for some reason or another.

A common feature of most people I know that lost someone to suicide- most of the time they didn't see it coming. You can only control and do something about things you know about.

-Mike

I think that if you are going to commit suicide... Seppuku is the only honorable way...

iu

"IMHO A kid doesn't make it to 23 with really shitty parents and then suddenly decide to off themselves because he suddenly decided that his upbringing sucked."
I don't think kids are killing themselves because of shitty parents. I think they are not sure what to do when a bad situation arises because they never had an outlet to deal with problems.

Nobody talks about the reason so many people want to kill themselves.

Kick down all the supporting walls of society, all that arguably stupid or arbitrary traditional stuff that we used to do just because it's what we did, and a lot of people don't know where they fit in, who they are supposed to be, and whether they're "doing it right" or not. The invention of social media has made it worse, much worse. SJWs have made it worse, too. Anxiety is up. And where there is a high level of anxiety, depression is not far behind.

Kid went to a gun store and 4 hours later shot himself ....and they think that's impulsive? They are assuming a waiting period would have prevented their son's suicide. I'll assume that he thought about this long before he walked into that store.
I'm going to assume he did not have the balls to go to a seedy part of town and try to buy a " gun off the street" .
I don't understand how lots of people come to the conclusion that death by your own hand is the answer. I will say it just take a dedicated mind set. Still sad all around and at least he did not think taking other lives was part of his end answer to it all.

Really?

A common feature of most people I know that lost someone to suicide- most of the time they didn't see it coming. You can only control and do something about things you know about.
-Mike

And there it is. The topic is talked about pretty blasé around here, but you nailed it.
Its been 10 years since I lost my sister. Some of the opinions in threads like these make me laugh more than they make me angry.
"THE PARENTS FAILED THEM IN THEIR UPBRINGING! A GOOD CHRISTIAN WOULDNT HAVE DONE THIS."
Blah, blah , f***ing blah.

With very few exceptions, you'll never truly know why. Maybe it was a bad upbringing and long coming. Maybe it was a perfect upbringing and a day of loneliness. Maybe it was a call for help and was supposed to stop somewhere short of the extreme. Maybe it was somewhere between all of it. Anyone that claims one extreme or another is a fool.

I don't understand how lots of people come to the conclusion that death by your own hand is the answer. I will say it just take a dedicated mind set. Still sad all around and at least he did not think taking other lives was part of his end answer to it all.
Because after you're dead, nothing worse can happen to you. Sometimes, death doesn't seem so bad.

He committed a voluntary act, no matter how "wrong" it was.

Could have just as easily bought pills, chemicals, razors, plastic bags...

He's not a "suicide victim" for f***s sake, he killed himself.

Back
Top Bottom