‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

What's the problem with what he did ? If anyone's afraid, then, the problem is in your head.

If I have a rifle in my car and I leave it behind me (locked and stored and bla bla bla) when I make a stop, I would feel much better OCing the rifle with me, rather then living it behind in the car, wouldn't you ?

But, in the douchebag reality in the state of MA, I cannot (legally can, but oh boy.. if I'll only dare)..

So yes, he did good, hope more will do like him, I hope each and everyone of us will be able OC, you should have a look at violent crime then, they will plummet.

Oh and the NRA has been apologizing our rights away for 60 years, so you will find no defense of said action from me.

Only recently, after others defied them and led the fight, have they rejoined to do anything other than instruct us on how to appoint our closets for more comfortable hiding...

They bought into and pushed "hunter's rights" - nonsense we are still dispelling as we speak.

BTW, I really love (sarcastically) the argument that legal behavior will force the legislature to write laws that infringe on the right to keep and BEAR arms.

Apology at its finest to say that people should not do things that are LEGAL because ILLEGAL laws might be written to stop them.

I am not saying they won't write those laws. I am saying you are not addressing the problem by hiding in a closet.

That's my favorite one as well. The lack of logic is mind boggling.

Apologly at its finest to say that people should not do things that are LEGAL because ILLEGAL laws might be written to stop them.
It is not an apology or justification, just an observation of fact. I did not offer advice as to what one "should" do, just a very realistic commentary on the likely consequences of such action.

Look at what happened to open carry of long guns in CA once the 60's diversity crowd started carrying them in public.

Or what happened to the legality of carrying a holstered unloaded gun openly in CA without a permit.

Last edited:
short and sweet, thank you.

You either support the right of others to offend you (without state sanction) or you are opposed to free speech.

Disclaimer: I think open carry is good and the more the better - it will desensitize the moonbats (I've seen 100 people with guns today and didn't see the blood in the streets they lied to me about.)

I get your point and agree with it but get nervous about connecting to 1A with it's precedents. Moonbats are willing to lie, cheat and perform lobotologic in the courts to advance their agenda. Why wouldn't they make the leap that open carrying is the same as yelling fire in a theater? You think the ma sjc wouldn't go along with this leap? I get the impression they'd jump at just about anything to restrict 2A and use whatever twisted language/logic they thought necessary to justify it. The usc isn't much better (for now.) Look at what they did to the commerce clause. No thanks. Let's not compare 2A with other parts of the constitution. 2A is short and sweet and they're still trying to wiggle different meanings into it.

If people looked professional instead of like militia wannabes or mall ninjas while open carrying it would be less of an issue. A bunch of guys dressed like a British gentlemen with rifles would get all the borderline anti-ladies swooning rather than panicking.

Compare this:
tumblr_mk021zmPGC1rkzh6vo1_500.jpg
0d8c15ef4bb0db394ad34d8603837405.jpg

Vs.
open-carry-tools.jpg

Last edited:
This is a great thread/debate. Somehow I missed it last summer when it was started, but have finally caught up. As much as I personally think these guys are silly walking around with scary looking rifles in department stores and wouldn't do it myself, I have to applaud their courage in "trying" to do something absurd to raise awareness of the fact that what they are doing is legal, but simply carrying an arguably much less threatening sidearm is verboten. I liken what they are doing to what the LGBT community did over the past decade or so. As disgusted as most hetero people were at the beginning, we have now become so desensitised as a society that you are hard pressed to find any nighttime sitcoms or dramas that DON'T have either a gay reference, or outright love scene! I end up watching a lot of nighttime TV while perusing this forum just because my wife happens to be watching these shows, and I am shocked at how far things have been pushed, but at the same time, it gives me some glimmer of hope that someday ammosexuals like us can come out of the closet too!

IMHO, I don't think carrying the rifle helps the cause. That said, I shop in NH all the time, I'm 100yds from the border; last night in Market Basket on Rt28 in Salem, I see a guy OC'ing a semi auto pistol in the store. This amazes me, as in all the time I've been up this way, 13yrs, I've only seen this one other time.
So I watch this guy walk around, no one made any notice of him, not a second look, no one gave a shit. I'm not an OC fan, I like the element of surprise on my side, but seeing this, and the lack of reaction, was great. [rockon]

Go to Nashua, NH. Market Basket at Exit 8 just off Rte 3. At any given time, I'd see folks OC'ing, no matter time of day, or day of week. Nobody bats an eye. win, I say...

Back
Top Bottom