• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

‘A crazy guy with a gun?’: Holyoke husband jailed on shooting charges

Reptile

NES Member
HOLYOKE — A city man was deemed dangerous by a judge Wednesday after authorities say he fired a gun on two separate occasions in one day at a man he believed was having an affair with his wife, allegedly telling police after his arrest that he wanted to “kill them both.”

Erik M. Lawrence, 49, was arraigned Monday in Holyoke District Court on four charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, breaking and entering a building at night for a felony, discharge of a firearm within 500 feet of a building, malicious damage to a motor vehicle, threat to commit a crime, discharge of a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, wanton destruction of property over $1,200 and disturbing the peace.

He was ordered jailed at a dangerousness hearing Wednesday.

According to court documents by various Holyoke police officers and detectives, police were called at 4:29 p.m. Saturday to the Wyckoff Country Club at 233 Easthampton Road for a report of a shooting. Officer William I. LeBrun’s report said police caught up with Lawrence’s car as he turned to travel north on Northampton Street. Eventually, the car stopped at C-Mart Market, where Lawrence was handcuffed and told police of a handgun in the car.

A little pet peeve.

Why, oh why do web sites resist the concept of mentioning the State someplace.

After poking around and seeing local news in several other Central Mass towns, I have great confidence that this happened in OUR Holyoke, but would it have killed them to add MA after the town? Or even better in the site header, mention the State there.

I remember a time when our very own Scrivener of all people, had a brief moment of disorientation over a missing girl that turned out to be missing from a town in England.

I aspire to being "deemed dangerous" - someday...

Until such time, I'll just be satisfied being "quietly dangerous".

They always say - "But you don't look violent. Show me something."

I say: "How about The Death Grip" and they give a little laugh and change the topic.

I say: "How about The Death Grip" and they give a little laugh and change the topic.

you're way creepier than I ever gave you credit for...i'm OK with that.

Tell them you can demonstrate “the vibrating heart punch” on them, o_O

Tell them you can demonstrate “the vibrating heart punch” on them, o_O
Hah! The Dim Mak punch that kills you later. Beyond my skills. 😉

When they invariably ask "Do you have a black belt?" I point at my leather dress belt and say "Yes, I'm wearing it right now" while thinking 'go away before I hurt you'.

A little pet peeve.

Why, oh why do web sites resist the concept of mentioning the State someplace.
It's an old convention that goes back to all local press, with the exception of the New York Times and a couple of others. The standard has changed, but press outlets are too lazy to pay attention and update.

The current style rules do call for including the state, with the exception of a few unmistakable locations. Unfortunately in this internet copy-pasta world, articles that are written for a local audience get picked up and reposted verbatim all around the world without any context at all. Local and regional outlets pick up international stories and post them as if they're local. Journalism is dead.

Back
Top Bottom