‘.00672 Percent’: Why Concealed Carry Permit Holders Will Want to Hear

"Well clearly from my knowledge of math that means almost 7 gun owners out of 100,000 will commit crimes with their handguns, and since my business will see that many people this year, by going gun-free zone I just saved myself from being held up 7 times!!!"

Traditional gun owners have never been a problem. Kids loaded up on psychotropic drugs, career criminals, batshit crazy people and politicians are the problem. I'd be perfectly comfortable in a world where everyone carried a firearm.

John Lott said it for years, and nobody cares. A Navy Seal says it, and - nobody cares.

Only Guns.com, TheBlaze and Daily Caller and a few others picked up the story, but no MSM hits.

A fart in a Class 5 Hurricane. Sadly.

Yes, I've been drinking.

John Lott said it for years, and nobody cares. A Navy Seal says it, and - nobody cares.

Only Guns.com, TheBlaze and Daily Caller picked up the story.

A fart in a Class 5 Hurricane. Sadly.

Yes, I've been drinking.

Gives us more ammo to paste on FB and non-NES pages to maybe get some people on the fence to actually learn some facts

Carnivals scare me. Loud dogs scare me. Guns? They've been known to give me brain an erection. Go figs.

Also, that percentage is 100% accurate. Did the math a long time ago while crunching the numbers.

The math was right, it was a percentage conversion that is misleading. Remember that 1% is 1.0 % and one tenth of a percent is .1% so .0000672 is the correct math but convert that to a percent and you divide by 100 which makes it .00672% or 6.72 thousandths of one percent.

Why not round off to a reasonable number of significant digits given the source data for .007% - see, there is the problem with gun people, some of them think they have a license to kill!! [smile]

What were the crimes committed by those 168 license holders? Where they violent crimes or something with malicious intent, or were they something stupid like carrying but forgetting your license at home, or carrying into a restricted area?

What were the crimes committed by those 168 license holders? Where they violent crimes or something with malicious intent, or were they something stupid like carrying but forgetting your license at home, or carrying into a restricted area?

Would love to know this info. Be interesting to see how much of it is violent vs. woops.

Since 1987, the state of Florida has issued 2.5 million concealed-carry permits,” Raso says in his latest opinion piece for the NRA News network. “Of those, only 168 people have committed firearms crimes. That’s .00672 percent of the total amount issued.”*

Also committed vs convicted? You can get charged with anything all sorts of stupid charges even if you actually defend yourself. Whether or not those charges are dropped, dismissed, or found innocent is another thing.

Back
Top Bottom