Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Machine gun permit post 7/20

Hi gang. I was wondering if anyone has experienced trouble getting a machine gun permit since Healey's reinvention of the Mass AWB. I'm applying for my C&R first, but I was wondering if they were still being issued at all, given her decree. Worth the effort?

Thanks,

-F

What difference would it make? Her "decree" is meaningless outside of a gun shop's feelings.

Also by definition, at least for pre-86 MGs, none of them can be an "Assault Weapon" because they're all pre-94 anyways.

-Mike

Thanks for the clarification drgrant. I was under the impression her decree excluded even pre-94/86 kit.

edit: I should add that I renewed my LTC recently, and the issuing officer made it a point to mention that preban ARs and whatnot are very much illegal, basically saying 7/20 was the letter of the law. That's what got me thinking of it, is all.
    Last edited by flapjakz; 10-12-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Got nothing to do with her BS. Talk to your LEO before applying tho and ask around folks you may know in your town. You don't want to apply and get denied because from then on out, every time you renew or apply to a different state you will have to answer "Yes" to the "have you ever been denied" question on the application. My 2cents...
    It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong.
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Good point, I didn't consider that. You'd think a denial for an MG permit wouldn't be considered the same as a denial for an LTC.

Quote Originally Posted by flapjakz View Post
    the issuing officer made it a point to mention that preban ARs and whatnot are very much illegal, basically saying 7/20 was the letter of the law. That's what got me thinking of it, is all.
    Well that's not good.

He didn't seem to care if one already had an MA complaint rifle now, but that future sales were indeed verboten, FWIW. Again, this was what got me thinking about the MG card.
    Last edited by flapjakz; 10-12-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flapjakz View Post
    Thanks for the clarification drgrant. I was under the impression her decree excluded even pre-94/86 kit.

edit: I should add that I renewed my LTC recently, and the issuing officer made it a point to mention that preban ARs and whatnot are very much illegal, basically saying 7/20 was the letter of the law. That's what got me thinking of it, is all.
    Example # 342,946,342,946,047,329 of why one should NEVER look to police to know firearms law.
    Michael Chludenski Outreach Coordinator GOAL.
    NRA, USPSA, NROI, Damned Range Lawyer (tm)
    Executive Officer, Hopkinton Sportsmen's Club

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by ipscdrl View Post
    Example # 342,946,342,946,047,329 of why one should NEVER look to police to know firearms law.
    Correct. You can only get the real scoop from gun shop clerks. Jack.
    I'm the oldest one-eyed machine gun dealer with a license to tell fortunes east of the Mississippi! Too many licenses and permits to list. Member of Goal, NRA, Harvard, Nashoba, Concord clubs. NRA and Mass certified instructor. 07 FFL and SOT.

In today's climate, after what happened in Las Vegas, is most likely a bad idea. Even Chiefs who might have said yes previously might think twice in this emotionally/politically charged time. Especially in this state. Not saying you shouldn't, just that waiting a bit until things settle down might be beneficial.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast