NES Member

Default Trap and Skeet lessons

Trying to find an instructor for my 12 year old son. Any ideas?

OCSA in pembroke is starting up its youth program SOON. Where are you?
    Prohibition only serves to empower the Government and enrich Lawyers and The Lawless, all at the expense of The Law Abiding. - Original

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every Kingdom of Europe. The Supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. - Noah Webster

Check here for a team near you:

http://shot.sssfonline.com/shot5/web...ex.asp?eid=149

If you are near Millis MA, drop me a PM
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man!

Found the advertisement in the clubs FB page.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldcolonysaweb/jrshotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne Arthur on Facebook
    This Saturday, September 23 at 1pm is opening day for OCSA Junior Shotgun Program. We meet in the shotgun house and I will explain the program to past participants and any newbie that would like to join. ONE parent and the youngster MUST attend to sign forms and hear about the program. We will NOT be shooting during the introduction. I supply everything your youngster needs ~~~~ Shotgun, Ammo, Targets, Eye/Ear protection. Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Club website
    OLD COLONY JUNIOR SHOTGUN PROGRAM

Boys and girls, ages 11 to 17 years of age, are eligible to participate in the Junior Shotgun Program. They must have written permission from their parents. (Parents do not have to be club members.) 12 and 20 gauge guns, targets and ammunition will be available for the participants of the program. First and foremost, youngsters are taught Range Safety. Safe handling of firearms must be demonstrated and practiced before they are allowed to shoot. Once those prerequisites are met, shooting positions are demonstrated and practiced before shooting live ammunition is allowed. I will take any new youngster 11 ~ 17 that wants to learn to shoot a shotgun and be part of a team. The children do not need any shooting experience. The cost is $10 per session. We provide a gun, ammo, targets, safety glasses, hearing protection and Instruction. The next meeting will September 23 at 1pm for the 2017/2018 session.
    Prohibition only serves to empower the Government and enrich Lawyers and The Lawless, all at the expense of The Law Abiding. - Original

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every Kingdom of Europe. The Supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. - Noah Webster

www.bpmshooting.com Bob knows his stuff
    Member- NRA
    Member- GOAL
    Member- North Grafton Fish Game and Bird Club

where are you located?
    "It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Arto View Post
    where are you located?
    What he said.
    NRA Life Member, GOAL Member, NES GREEN Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!

First, as noted, where are you.

Second, when you say, "lessons," what do you mean? Introduction to clays, advanced coaching, or coming up with excuses (very important! )
    If you pull a trigger, you have to pull together.
    -Me

Hancock Ale & Quail Society (Legacy Founding Member)
    NRA(Life); GOAL(Family); Southborough Rod & Gun Club
    Club Delegate - Worcester County League of Sportsmens' Clubs
    ATA; MATA
    NRA Certified Instructor (Shotgun, Pistol, Home Firearm Safety); MSP BFS
    Mass Certified Hunter Ed Instructor
    Licensed Bartender
    Licensed Forklift Operator (Class 1); Forklift Trainer

Looks like Mr. Happy and the crew have this pretty much covered.

Wherever you are, if you are just looking for instruction to get him started, go to just about any active clays club local to you and I guarantee that you will find a group of seasoned shooters who would be glad to help you and your boy out.

Good luck, and good on you for doing it.
    Michael Chludenski Outreach Coordinator GOAL.
    NRA, USPSA, NROI, Damned Range Lawyer (tm)
    Executive Officer, Hopkinton Sportsmen's Club

Quote Originally Posted by SW40C View Post
    www.bpmshooting.com Bob knows his stuff
    This ^^^

standard redneck

Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office. Ė Anonymous

The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land, the ultimate guardian of our cherished rights and freedoms. We must vigilantly defend it from all enemies foreign or domestic - for present and future generations.- Benjamin Franklin