Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At this point with no experience, i dont find the 50 hz important.
    For a few hundred more the feature that matter to me are Bluetooth, the ability to have 3 different zero presets for use on different weapons, a focus adjustment...i guess the internal video is nice but not a real requirement for me. There are also alot more thermal modes on the flir and only 3 on the pulsar.

I dont regret my choice, just showing another great entry lvl pricepoint. Im not saying 1600 is pocket money.but there is a reason ive never owned my own NV/thermal until now.

The flir website says it had bluetooth, but there is a debate if it really does and what its capibilies might be.

I also hate the green on black display of the pulsar so much i almost wouldn't even consider it

Edit
    The flir does have Bluetooth, itll be shipping in about 2 weeks
    Last edited by MGnoob; 08-17-2017 at 07:21 PM.

So there is some delay in the roll out of the thermal, aparently i fell for another pre order nightmare.

Anyway....
    I ordered a steiner dbal-a3, and dbal-d2, and a gen3 PVS-7 night vision.

I still have a steiner otal-a on backorder and the pts233 thermal optic on pre order.

So thats how ill setup the two rifles.
    Thermal and dbal-a3 on one.
    Head mounted pvs-7, eotech exps3, dbal-d2 on the other.
    If I'm by myself ill use the thermal rifle and the NV headset while i look for a pvs-14 to use as a dedicated weapons sight.

"Looking for"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PVS-14-Gen3-...53.m1431.l2649

Edit
    I ended up going with a new pvs-14... the used market on pvs14s in a pricerange that makes sense seem to be below my standards of whats acceptable.
    Guess what? 2 month lead time on white phosphor. Should be worth the wait.

cache_320_320_0_100_80_16777215_MDH-4351.jpg
    Last edited by MGnoob; 09-26-2017 at 12:08 PM.

I received more mail today...its still a work in process. I sent back the D2, for a second A3.
    20171010_180706.jpg
    The top one is just waiting for the correct pressure switch, and a wilcox eotech magnifier flip to side mount. I decided i didnt want the larue twist mount
    The bottem one is waiting for its flashlight, correct pressure switch and the PTS233 thermal.

I used to almost make fun of people with this much crap on their guns, but for night time it seems to serve a purpose
    Last edited by MGnoob; 10-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Just to end this thread i cancled my order for the pts233..the next day some supposedly shipped.
    I ended up with a gen3 pvs7, and two film less white phosphor pv3 14s.... fo aiming i have 2 dbal-a3s and a nv compatible eotech......surefire scout flashlights on both.

Im going to wait 6 to 18 months and buy a thermal monocular...my main concern with the expensive thermals was poor waterproof rating and glitchyy software.

Other than a 1 time eotech purchase and airsoft quaIity sites this is my real first optics purchase..

You all welcome to try the stuff at the NH shoots.

In a few months ill post some video....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12