Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    NES Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,396

    Default


  2. #62
    NES Member lazypengu1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Big walkway across from small walkway
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Finally got out yesterday and tried McIlvaine Town forest in Windham for Grey squirrels. I didn't see anything but birds and chipmunks. Lots of acorns everywhere but not greys to be seen. Walked about around, stopping every 10 feet to listen and watch but didn't see or find anything. Got some good exercise, looking try again Friday. Anyone have any experience in this area or suggestions for places to try near Salem, NH? I did come across 2 blinds and 1 stand.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazypengu1n View Post
    Finally got out yesterday and tried McIlvaine Town forest in Windham for Grey squirrels. I didn't see anything but birds and chipmunks. Lots of acorns everywhere but not greys to be seen. Walked about around, stopping every 10 feet to listen and watch but didn't see or find anything. Got some good exercise, looking try again Friday. Anyone have any experience in this area or suggestions for places to try near Salem, NH? I did come across 2 blinds and 1 stand.
    The acorns you are seeing......are they new fallen whole ones or are they chewed up? If you see freshly cut acorn hulls you should stick around that area. Squirrels don't travel too far.....and they make alot of acorn cuttings on the forest floor this time of year.

    I suggest you look down at the ground as you walk.....just .y 2 cents.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where Government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." -Ronald Reagan
    - You hear that Feinstein.......you hear that Bloomturd?!?!?!? That's freedom talking.......something you don't have the balls to handle.

    FAMILY Member of GOAL

  4. #64
    NES Member lazypengu1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Big walkway across from small walkway
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whacko View Post
    The acorns you are seeing......are they new fallen whole ones or are they chewed up? If you see freshly cut acorn hulls you should stick around that area. Squirrels don't travel too far.....and they make alot of acorn cuttings on the forest floor this time of year.

    I suggest you look down at the ground as you walk.....just .y 2 cents.
    Thanks whacko, I will try again since the location is a 5 minute drive from my house. The area varies but the entrance is littered with chewed up acron hulls. I wasn't sure if it was squirrels or chipmunks chewing them up. I figured if I find acorns, I'm in the right area. There is a good mix of 50/50 of acorn trees and pine trees. I went later in the day and it was pretty active at approx. 3:45 to 4:15, I just didn't spot anything besides chipmunks. I stayed till about 5:30, no hunting 30 mins before dusk.

    Looking forward to trying again perhaps Friday afternoon or in the morning this weekend.

  5. #65
    NES Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whacko View Post
    The acorns you are seeing......are they new fallen whole ones or are they chewed up? If you see freshly cut acorn hulls you should stick around that area. Squirrels don't travel too far.....and they make alot of acorn cuttings on the forest floor this time of year.

    I suggest you look down at the ground as you walk.....just .y 2 cents.
    I would also suggest spending more time being still, as it can take 30 minutes for squirrels to forget they spotted you.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pupchow View Post
    I would also suggest spending more time being still, as it can take 30 minutes for squirrels to forget they spotted you.
    This as well.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where Government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." -Ronald Reagan
    - You hear that Feinstein.......you hear that Bloomturd?!?!?!? That's freedom talking.......something you don't have the balls to handle.

    FAMILY Member of GOAL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •