View Poll Results: Office 2016 vs 2013 opinion

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Should have upgraded sooner.

4 18.18%
  • Hate it! It never should have been released!

3 13.64%
  • 'sokay, does what I need without bitching at me.

5 22.73%
  • M$ can suck my left nut!

10 45.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Office 2016?

Default Office 2016?

I have an opportunity to migrate from Office 2013 to Office 2016 at no cost to me. I've already heard some people say both good and bad things about 2016. But since this is now 2017, I figured it would be a good time to see if the months have changed any thoughts.

Since this is a zero cost item (to me at least) it's not about the Benjamin's. It's more about functionality, interface, etc. changes from 2013 to 2016. Oh, and I'm talking about the actual locally installed instance, not that farkin 'office 365' BS.

The system I'd be putting this on is running Windows 10 Pro already.

Post up your real world experiences with the newer version. I know some are going to say to use this or that 'free' version due to hatred of M$. Well, this will be no cost to me, so that won't matter. While there are aspects of M$ that I loathe, I do like the Office product lineup. Plus Server 2012r2. No love for Server 2016 from me. Plus hyper-v can take a flying leap off a very tall building (with no parachute or wing suit).
    Printer for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hillman
    I was up all night because my wife was coughing, puking, sneezing, wheezing, whining, crying...and it didn't have anything to do with sex this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Not Dick, that's short for Richard. My name is Jean-Luc. My girlfriend called me "oh, my god" last night, even tho she doesn't have to call me by my job title. When my boss sees me, he usually says "Jesus Christ", but that's not right either.

I don't use Office beyond the basic document creation and slide shows. but nothing has been a major hang up for me on '16.
    Ask me about the UMass Lowell Firearms Club
    NRA/MSP Certified - Home Firearm Safety and Basic Pistol Instructor

Why bother? Most people only use about 10% of the shit in office anyways, and if your asking this question, you're probably in the same camp.

20% of my customers are still on Office 2003. The ones that need Outhouse and stuff like that are on 2010. Nobody has complained or
    wanted an upgrade. It's all incremental. I only put 2016 on my new laptops because it reduced the amount of patching I had to do...

-Mike
    Last edited by drgrant; 03-20-2017 at 06:13 PM.

i'm building a new PC right now, and got this on the cheap through work. i can't imagine it's any different than the last 4 versions.

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.

Open Office for the win!

"Since the sunset of the Assault Weapons ban in 2004, the use of AR-15s, AK-style, and similar rifles now commonly referred to as 'modern sporting rifles' has increased exponentially in sport shooting. These firearm types are now standard for hunting activities."

Ronald Turk, Chief Operating Officer, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
    Options to Reduce or Modify Firearms Regulations
    January 20, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by drgrant View Post

20% of my customers are still on Office 2003.
    How many of that 20% still run XP ?

Office 2016 is definitely higher overhead. My clients on O365 are all claiming that even with locally cached OST's that indexing is a hog and searches are taking a LOT longer.

Unless you're doing a lot of complex calcs or heavy word processing, you probably won't notice the difference....except in outlook.

Outlook 2016 has DNS/autodiscover requirements to connect to exchange versions too if you're running an older version of exchange
    NES, NRA, GOAL and Comm2a member, Southboro Rod and Gun member, unindicted felon since 7-20-16

I'm not looking to go with the 365 edition/version. This will be a full/local install. My email isn't on an Exchange server so I doubt that will come into play.
    Printer for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hillman
    I was up all night because my wife was coughing, puking, sneezing, wheezing, whining, crying...and it didn't have anything to do with sex this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Not Dick, that's short for Richard. My name is Jean-Luc. My girlfriend called me "oh, my god" last night, even tho she doesn't have to call me by my job title. When my boss sees me, he usually says "Jesus Christ", but that's not right either.

I upgraded for one reason and one reason only. Office 2012 had DICK for color schemes. The Outlook default scheme was bright white on a paler shade of white. Talk about blinding...yeah...blind guy making the joke here.

They added a nice dark scheme that is MUCH easier on my eyes. Everything else...meh...it works.
    “The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
    ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by John Adams

“In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1814
    GFY if you don't like my opinions

You won't notice a difference from 2013. Literally everything looks the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast