Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feral Hogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Supply and demand. There is no shortage of people willing to pay to shoot them so why not charge?
    I read the below article that said Caldwell TX was the epicenter for the fight against feral hogs.

So I looked into the below reasonably priced ranch in the area. The local reviews said that the ranch gets a delivery of hogs on Thurs. With others saying that there's no hogs in the area. I wonder if the south can find enough hogs to meet the current demand. I always read people saying. I know a farmer who would be glad to have you come shoot some hogs.. Blah, blah. Those farmers seem few and far between.

http://www.independenceranch.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/05...ld-battle.html
    Last edited by FNHFAL; 02-17-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FNHFAL View Post
    I know a farmer who would be glad to have you come shoot some hogs.. Blah, blah. Those farmers seem few and far between.
    Very far and few between from what I've seen.
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org

for what its worth my friends dad went to FL for his first pig shoot. I called him today. The plce he went is no longer doing hog shoots as the family sold the property to a developer. He said he just went on line and found this place and liked what he seen on the website. He basically stayed in thier very nice hunting cabin with a real bed and then in the morning and early evening sat on the deck and shot the pigs as they crossed the field.... later he went to a place in texas long range ranch or some shit where they took 600-1200 yard shots on pigs with 338 lapua, 50 BMG and a 416 ?
    this is where he is going next.
    http://www.helibacon.com/?gclid=CKio...FQtWDQodq0QOBg

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Check out:

http://www.carolinarazorbackoutfitters.com

They have a great reputation. I spoke to someone who used them in '16 and they said it was an amazing time. Good guys, good lodging, excellent grub. Good luck.
    did they mention if they have a bag limit? do they help package the meat?

sent from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Has anyone gone for feral hogs?
    Where did you go?
    Was it a big pack of hogs non stop that you killed off because they are destroying the local farms? Or was it a point and click over a feeder?
    I would like to try to get some buddies together for a feral hog trip but I would prefer to take out a bunch of hogs on some private farm instead of shooting a big pig over a grain feeder and calling it a day.
    Seems like having some fun hunting and helping to get rid of the problem for farms at the same time would be great.
    Any suggestions?
    Florida has some good spots so does Georgia and Bama, I've hunted in all 3. Good to make a long weekend out of it, barbecue at the end unless you are prepared to ship the meat home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your hog hunting(its not really hunting). Night time is the best..you get those 4x4 golf carts, night vision, and just spread some sour corn in the trails. Its a massacre. You can drive up, walk the last 50ft and you can get about 30ft away from them before you let them have it.
    be careful those things can hurt/kill you. Shoot the females first, the babys wont run as far... i always make sure to kill the little ones, they wont make it on their own. Also the goal is extermination.
    The little ones are better eating aswell.

There really is an infestation, they do alot of damage.I wish i had my beltfed m16 when i would do this.
    we'd trap them in kidney shaped traps and mass grave them....you'd be shocked how quickly they turn on eachother and eat one another

NES Member

Quote Originally Posted by MGnoob View Post
    If your hog hunting(its not really hunting). Night time is the best..you get those 4x4 golf carts, night vision, and just spread some sour corn in the trails. Its a massacre. You can drive up, walk the last 50ft and you can get about 30ft away from them before you let them have it.
    be careful those things can hurt/kill you. Shoot the females first, the babys wont run as far... i always make sure to kill the little ones, they wont make it on their own. Also the goal is extermination.
    The little ones are better eating aswell.

There really is an infestation, they do alot of damage.I wish i had my beltfed m16 when i would do this.
    we'd trap them in kidney shaped traps and mass grave them....you'd be shocked how quickly they turn on eachother and eat one another

Where did you go to do this?
    Spangler Custom Knives

I did it all weekend every weekend for about 6 months in TX.Honestly I've dispatched several hundred personally.It got to the point where i was enjoying it so much, it almost wasnt right.

- - - Updated - - -

Private 1000 acre ranch. I always wanted alot of land like up to 100 acres...after seing these ranches 1000 acres isnt as big as you'dthink

NES Member

Quote Originally Posted by MGnoob View Post
    I did it all weekend every weekend for about 6 months in TX.Honestly I've dispatched several hundred personally.It got to the point where i was enjoying it so much, it almost wasnt right.

- - - Updated - - -

Private 1000 acre ranch. I always wanted alot of land like up to 100 acres...after seing these ranches 1000 acres isnt as big as you'dthink
    Ahh ok. So nothing I can go to.
    Yeah when it's allopen and flat 100 acres doesn't look like much.
    Spangler Custom Knives

The guy i went with died rather tragically. Fishing and hunting with him was great.
    if your going to travel all the way to Florida or Texas id look up that helicopter trip.
    Im pretty sure i could use me FA stuff, so i doubt the trip would cost more than the ammo id go through.

It was great with one of us wearing the NV headset and the otherguy with the rifle with NV..liking shooting fish in a barrel...

- - - Updated - - -

His brother died when they were kids...climbing over a small fence used the rifle like a walking stick and the trigger snagged..blew his face off right infront of him.. probibly should do that with one in the pipe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast